2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

@Jon & @cchrisv - I can understand the sentiment and perhaps you did not read through every one of my responses (which is fine), but I mentioned that I desired a payment as close to $300 a month so all I did was ask if he could do it or not. Second, as I mentioned, my current lease isn’t up for another 2 weeks so I didn’t see a point in going in immediately to get the car. I agree more closely with @HN308’s perspective - cars and car deals are a dime a dozen. I don’t need to have this scarcity mindset that prevents me from simply asking if they can do better. If not, no big deal.

The reason I mentioned that he asked me to come in is precisely in response to @HN308’s advice NOT to go into a dealership until the deal is in writing - I have offered to put a deposit on my CC to show good faith. And while they sent me that “paperwork” with the numbers outlined, it was not an official lease sheet. And when I responded asking them to send it over and take a deposit, THEN they asked me to come in and test drive the car first and that they would only THEN help me to reach the “deal” that I want (which is also what @HN308 mentioned they might do).

I appreciate the continued assistance and support with this deal. As mentioned, this is my first time negotiating so there are areas that I’m still learning about.

Thank you!

I did read all your responses. 4 days ago, you sent an email to the dealer with detailed numbers that you wanted, $315/month and would stop in on Saturday to sign the paperwork if they agreed. They replied and said $325/month. Not long after, they claimed they claimed they made a mistake and they could do the $315 you requested. They also sent you a breakdown of the deal with everything listed and it matched your request.

Honestly, I don’t care if you get the car or not. I just think, along with several others, that you got what you asked for but then decided to ask for more afterwards. The salesperson is probably only making a “mini” on this deal and might think the time and effort he is putting into this deal isn’t worth it, but time will tell. Good luck.

1 Like

Well, you also mentioned you’d be away the last week of the month. So you don’t have two weeks. You should also consider the fact that the car you want may be sold at any time and you may have to settle for something less desirable since your current lease will have run out at the end of this month. Just saying.

p.s. @HN308 is over-dramatizing the situation - you are always in charge. Dealers reluctant to put anything in writing for the simple reason - we shop around their offers. Just like you got them to match other dealer’s MF. Deposits don’t really mean anything because dealers can’t keep them if you change your mind.

2 Likes

Not to nit-pick, but I said I would be out of town the last weekend of February, not the entire last week. And I see your point as well, that I got what I initially asked for and therefore should be content with that deal. As I said, I simply asked and he said no, so I’m fine with that. I just wasn’t 100% sure if there were other “tricks” going on that many people mentioned throughout this forum, and as someone new to this, I was trying to be prudent about this situation.

He sent me over the paperwork and we are finalizing the deal this weekend. Again, thank you to everyone who lent their advice, opinions and perspectives. I really appreciate it.

There are many tricks that dealers can use, but that does not mean your dealer is using any of them. There are more or less straight forward dealers, believe it or not :slight_smile: Congrats on your deal, you did well.

This is not necessarily true. The last 5+ deals I have negotiated for myself or others (across multiple brands), they have honored the deal agreed over email, down to the penny.

Granted there is still much sexism in the auto dealer industry, so @clee920 will need to watch the numbers she signs, but I do not see this as a reason to avoid stepping into the dealership to finalize the deal.

If anything, when dealing with a customer who they know is shopping around, sending the official deal agreement ahead of time is poor strategy on their part. They are not stupid. They also know a CC deposit means almost nothing in their favor.

Congrats, and also remember to say no to all the protection plans, warranties, GAP protection, add-ons, VIN etching, simonizing, etc that they offer you.

1 Like

@clee920 - Can you please share dealer details? And price they are quoting you? I am also looking to get into a lease may be we both can negotiate a better deal and get two cars together this weekend :slight_smile:

@gurnor28, Clee is in southern CA and you are in OH so this is not going to work. Read this thread and you will get most of the information needed for a Q50 lease.

If you still have questions do get back to me.

This seems like a great deal from what I have seen. Can you PM the dealer info to me? I am also in So. Cal and would to see if I can get the same deal in the next 1 - 3 weeks. Thanks!

Got this response today from an Indianapolis dealer after forwarding the sheey Infiniti advertisement and asking for 36,000 selling price. I live in Ohio but he was assuming I lived in Indiana.

"Taking a flight to Virginia will not get you Virginia incentives. That is, unless you plan to move there and register the car as a Virginia resident. I would like to see, in writing from a dealer (that knows you’re an Indiana resident) who is selling you this car for $9,000 below invoice. I know the end of the month approaching, but I will never lose $5,000 to sell you a car. And I don’t think anyone else is either. If they are, why haven’t you bought that car? You have my pricing. I’m afraid someone isn’t being exactly up front with you about how the pricing works. Or they’re giving you bad information based on a lack of understanding of how the incentives work by region and state.

You have my pricing. If I need to take off another $500 and lose money to do business, I will. This way you know you’ve fought for the best deal and received it."

I think dealers refer to that tactic as “price justification”. Move on to another dealer.

That is total BS from the dealer. The incentives are regional but most of them are same anyways between regions. The incentives are applied where the car is sold and they don’t care where you register it.

As mentioned in my Dec Q50 thread, there was a guy from OH who flew one way with his friend and met me at dealer as we both took delivery on same day. Drove 700 odd miles home as he got a 60k redsport q50 for 48k. My dealer gladly sold him the car and even did paperwork for Ohio plates.

Move on to next dealer and this guy will get back to you around 25th of the month.

Yeah I read that thread too. I think the guys name was musclecar. That’s what I was thinking when he responded that lol. So legally I could fly in there or any state and register the car in Ohio still? I’ll shoot an email back telling the dealer he’s wrong haha. I really am just trying to get a Q50 3.0t for under 350 by the end of the month. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Edit: Just got off the phone with the sales manager, after explaining to him that his deal 41k on a 45k invoice wasn’t anything special. He told me if I go out of state for incentives I have to register it there too and I can’t do that. I said to let me know if he had any real deals he could offer me. He got mad and said I wouldn’t even give it to you if I had it, proceeded to say F you goodbye. :joy: I can’t believe he got that upset hahah. It must be hard being a dealer when you can’t bully people into buying your cars.

@samurai,

You got it right, that was indeed muslecar and yes you can buy from any state and register in OH as he did.

The dealer was probably upset with you because you knew of the 9K factory cash he is getting and now that you know about it there is no way he can sell a car to you with inflated monthly price which would earn him a healthy commission.

He will have his sales guy call you at the end of the month checking to see if you still need the car, tell him politely that you are in the market and but will only deal with this sales manager. When he calls back, return the favor ( F bomb) and ask for even bigger discount.

Don’t have too low expectation of getting the Q50 for $350. That is not a good deal, certainly not for a leasehackr. You will do much better than that. Just keep sending those emails and making calls to get in the dealer systems as a potential lead. They go through all of the open leads at month end.

HN.

No offense, but you really sound like a CarPhan.

@Ursus

I don’t know who is CarPhan why would you think I would be posting here impersonating someone else.

I use this handle ‘hn308’ on all automotive forums. Feel free to check it on g35driver.com or infinitiq50.org where I registered when I got those specific cars in 2007 and 2013 and that was way before this site existed.

I have mentioned earlier in this thread about both the infiniti’s i have owned earlier not knowing you will ask about it.

I only said that you "sound’ like him. So it’s different from impersonating, no?

Ok. Maybe I must be sounding like him but I have not read what he has said before and he is not participating actively in my thread.

Anyways this is not adding value to the thread. Lets keep it to the point and discuss only how to get best possible lease deals.

1 Like

I’ll be happy with $350 with tax honestly. I’m shooting for a 36,000 sales price after taking 9k of invoice of 45k. And then applying my VPP code of 1,250 to get it down to 34,750. But I just feel like it’s hard in Ohio being a lower volume state. Not a single dealer has budged and just says that what I’m talking about doesn’t exist lol. I’ve sent a screenshot paperwork from one forum members deal so I’m sure some will bite now. I’m going to be so excited if I can make this happen you guys are seriously the best :grin: