2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

Hey there!

I actually didn’t purchase the car yet. I’ve been working with Infiniti of Tustin. The guy seemed to be the most straight forward and easy to work with. Cerritos was annoying b/c their e-mail system is so messed up that all their e-mails just bounce back to you. Orange Coast was also the least helpful and annoying because they kept just e-mailing me generic e-mails like “we want to earn your business!” and not answering any of my questions. Monrovia was okay but the kid helping me is clearly a newbie so dealing with him is a bit frustrating as he has to “check with my GM”. I e-mailed the GM directly and the kid started firing e-mails my way but the GM never contacted me himself.

Still hoping for a $300/month lease deal. I still have two weeks left on my current lease so I’m not in a huge, huge rush but I’m also going out of town the last weekend of February so if this guy can give me a great deal before then, I’m planning to just get it this weekend.

If you have the VPP code, you should be able to add it to any deal you’ve already negotiated for an additional 1250 off the sale price.

Yeah that’s what I meant not sure if I worded it correctly. Here is a list of companies I found https://www.mikesmithnissan.com/images/vpp-mike-smith-nissan.pdf

@HN308

I think I’m at the tail end of my negotiations for the Q50. Any other tips to get the monthly payment down closer to $300?

Also, @GeoffD recommended not to puch cash into a lease deal. Should I try to include the drive-off amount (around $1400) into the monthly payments?

You don’t need to “try” - it does not matter to your dealer :slight_smile: You can include everything in your lease. It will increase your monthly payments by about $33/mo (on $1,100 rolled in with only first month drive-off). Depends on what you want - lower payments and less cash or the other way.

True. Just wondering what the best option between the two is.

Also, he was pretty quick to agree to the $315 (after he had “mistakenly” typed $325). Makes me wonder if I can do better!

Well, maybe because he really made a mistake and was quick to correct it?

Your interest rate (MF) is negligible but you’d be paying taxes on everything rolled into your monthly payment.

You are better off increasing your drive-offs and lowering your monthly. Your cap cost is so far below nationwide sales prices (and corresponding insurance values) that you have almost no chance of losing that money in the 0.4% chance that your car gets totaled. IMO.

Yeah, about $28 over 3 years on $1,100 rolled in :slight_smile:

How? At 8% that’s $88. Anyway, I just wanted to make a counterpoint to the usual (and inevitable) forum angst about laying out money for drive-off fees. Why pay tax (any amount) on things that aren’t taxable?

MF .00038? Or even .00006?

Ugh, now this dealer is playing cat & mouse. Is now asking me to come into the dealership and drive the car prior to working out the exact terms. Wtheeezy.

He says,

"We have given you our best price.

We included 2 certificates from Infiniti, which are extra incentives Infiniti gives to us which we pass on to our clients based upon a first come first serve basis, which help get to payments such as the one I gave you. Once they run out, they are gone.

I cannot save or hold certificates unfortunately. I am down to my last couple and I cannot guarantee they will still be available Saturday."

Tell them you already test drove the car at a different dealership.

But if you haven’t driven it, I would recommend you to test drive it somewhere… you will be driving it for the next 3 years, so you should definitely see if it’s the right car for you.

Yes, I already told him that I test drove it and loved it.

Didn’t you originally ask them for the $315 number? They’ve agreed to it and now it seems like you are the one playing games. Once a dealer agrees to my number, I goto the dealer ASAP to close the deal. There’s no point in delaying it because no deal is final until it’s signed. Just like how you can still change your mind and go with a different car or dealer, they can pull or change their offer too (especially if they’ve reached their sales goals).

1 Like

Seriously. You are ruining it for the rest of us by playing games with dealerships. You made an offer, they accepted, and now you are playing games.

1 Like

Guys,

I think you all need to take it easy on @clee920. Our role here is to not judge anyone on how they complete the deal or if they do it at all. The dealers change their offer all the time after agreeing on a certain number and customers expect that they play games all the time and its OK with most people.

If she is trying to get that extra few dollars from the dealer there is nothing wrong in it. I believe negotiation always has one person having an upper hand, who ever is in control gets a better deal at the end.

@clee920 - I agree with your approach and would recommend continue doing what you are. Sign on the dotted line when you feel comfortable and you are not ruining it for anyone by doing it.
Its not that the dealer will get pissed off with you and not give a good deal to anyone again in future. For them we are just numbers which they have to achieve before month end. Every month they start fresh and nothing you say or do will hurt them.

HN.

He’s letting you know the situation in a respectful manner. Like others said - he gave you what you asked for and you may end up with no car (or pay more) when you finally decide to pull the trigger. You don’t have to wait until the end of month just because @HN308 suggested it was too early. Is it all worth it for less than $600 over 39 month?

@clee920

There is no need to go to the dealer to finalize the deal. Tell him the only way for you to step into the dealership is after he has taken a deposit on your Credit Card (which you can always dispute provided they don’t honor their deal) and given you a complete lease breakdown with all numbers on their official lease worksheet.

Anything short of that, they don’t intend to honor the deal they have given you verbally or even over email. They will say we made a mistake and this is a new deal with higher numbers and pressurize you to sign up for it.