2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

I am trying to lease a 2017 Infiniti Red Sport 400. I tried many dealerships in my area but they are all saying there isn’t much incentives to give on this car. The most I have gotten marked down in incentives off the MSRP is about $5000. Even then the dealers act like it’s such a big offer. I have been trying for over 2 weeks. They all try to tell me to try looking at a cheaper trim. Should I stop focusing my energy on red sport 400? I did like that car a lot!

They’re talking tough or you’re looking in the wrong market. There are more incentives available on the lower trim, but they’re trying to move you there so they can make the deal look better and still make more money off you.

Thanks for your reply GeoffD.

Is there a way to know the incentives that are offered for the specific Red Sport 400 AWD?

Thanks

@MrsMo, Hang in there. If a dealer needs to make numbers at month-end, they will call you and beg you to sign on the orig deal.

Picking up a car out of town is not all that bad. I live in south OC, and I have picked up a car in Tucson. One way ticket and drive home. It’s not so bad. I just think about all the money I am saving.

I just started a couple days ago contacting dealers over email. So far I’ve contacted 5 and told them I’m looking for a 3.0 premium with drivers assistance. MSRP is 48 and I do have a VPP code. The best I’ve gotten is like 40,000 selling price. All the dealers just say yeah incentives are only $3,950 even though I’ve stated I know about the dealer cash. The also won’t deduct them off invoice they’re taking them off MSRP. Does anyone know if the incentives are different in Ohio? Thank you!

I had a G35 previously and really wasn’t interested in another Infiniti product until I came across this forum while searching for lease information on another vehicle. I’m a deal first, car second kind of person and this definitely piqued my interest in a Q50. I went to the dealer to test drive a 3.0t to see if I would entertain leasing it for 39mos. It was a nice enough vehicle so I casually brought up the subject of the deal I had seen others getting on the internet to see what the internet sales manager would say. He said he had never heard of such a deal and would be surprised if they could do anything beyond a $4k reduction in cap. He talked to the sales manager and confirmed that they could not get to that $34k price and I said goodbye. I’m in CO and there are a few Infiniti dealers in the Denver and Colorado Springs area so I might give them a call on Monday to see if I can get make any headway. I’m also trying to negotiate an early lease buyout for my current Audi, so that is probably complicating matters.

Great info on this forum though.

@samurai

The dealers are not passing you all the incentives as expected. Also when they deduct incentives of MSRP and not invoice, ask them if they sell all their cars which don’t have incentives at MSRP? Suggest them politely that MSRP is for suckers who know nothing about how a car is priced and tell them that dealers don’t even pay invoice price to acquire the car let alone MSRP.

Just let them know that when they are ready to pass all factory cash available including customer cash, dealer cash etc. and deduct it from Invoice price, they can reach back to you and provided if you have not bought the car by then we will continue to negotiate. All these guys think they have enough time in the month yet so they won’t budge now but will come back by end of the month.

HN

2 Likes

@crankwerks86

Good to see a fellow G35 owner like myself. I still have a 2003 G35 and love it. Its not as refined as Q50 but very good car though.

Now that you already did it, its ok but I never suggest to talk numbers in person. If you have read this thread you would know to just start calling or sending emails and asking for the discount and substantiate it by suggesting how you came up to that number. Don’t ask them how much the discount is. Just tell them you know about it and by playing games the dealers are wasting their time and that you will move on to another dealer.

When they realize that there is no way they can make a sale and make crazy money on it they will switch gears and come closer to your asking knowing that otherwise they will loose this sale.

Also try reaching them on a slow day, like a really rainy day or day of a snow storm. You want these dealers to be waiting for a call as hardly anyone is coming in the dealership that day. If you go on a Saturday and ask for a deal, its never happening as they have too much of low hanging fruit walking around the dealership to waste time on you.

HN.

1 Like

I just started contacting dealers a few days and one of them sent me the below response today. The dealership below wants me to come in and waste my time. They will not be getting my business for sure

Thank you for your response. I understand that you want the best deal and we​ would love to be the dealership that delivers​ you, your car. However, we do not give that information through email here at Infiniti of Lynbrook.

The numbers you will probably receive from other dealers will either be extremely conservative because they know you are shopping around. Or you receive extremely low numbers and when you get there they will not honor it.

If you could find the time to come in we will make your time here as short as possible. If you are here more than 30 minutes it will because you like what we have to offer.

Former 2006 G35x owner here

Hello All,

This forum has been extremely informative and has helped me navigate through the world of lease. That said, I received this quote from one of the Infiniti Dealers near me, would much appreciate your input before I pull the trigger.

This is for a 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium

MSRP: $51,835​
Invoice: $48,672​
VPP/Incentives/Discount etc: $5450
Sale Price/CAP cost: $41,240​
Residual: $26,435 (51%, 10k miles)
Money Factor: .00006
Acqusition/Bank Fee: $700
Drive offs: $1647.58 ($1234.20 + $413.38)​ ​
base payment: 383.65​
With Tax (OC Tax Code):$413.38​

P.S. I do qualify for Business Associate VPP, not able to make out the split between VPP discount and actual dealer discount.

Any help is much appreciated.

I always suggest to fellow members with the VPP code to not disclose it till the whole negotiation is done as it clouds the deal up a bit and you never get full worth of your code as the dealer will never give every discount he can knowing you are getting that extra bit through the VPP code.

You are getting $7432 below invoice and the fact that you have a VPP code its only actually little more than 6K below invoice. The factory is giving 9K in combined customer and dealer cash for lease support so you should be targeting getting at least 10K below invoice with your VPP code in picture and that would be a good deal.

I am not sure how you are getting the Cap cost of 41240 with 5450 discounts and not putting any down payment. If you are putting anything down than forget about this deal.

If you are not putting down than keep working on getting the discount increased by another 2.5K and make this good deal into a great one.

HN.

Thank you very much HN.

Yup it was my mistake to disclose VPP. However when I asked him about the $9,000 cash his response was he has only $3950 on 3.0T’s from invoice and $1500 from VPP which brings out the total to $5450. I think that is BS, I’ll keep hitting it hard :slight_smile:

Thanks Again!

@clee920 Reading through the thread I found that you are around SoCal, I’m in the same area. Could you please let me know which dealer you are/were working with.

Thank you very much!

It’s a difficult process to figure out how much is out there. I’m trying to work a deal on a Red Sport as well. Currently, the dealers are claiming only 250$ in lease support, so the best I’ve gotten offered is 1250$ off invoice (250$ lease support + 1000$ in certificates). However, it’s early in the month and it’s a short month, so I’m hoping the deals get better after next weekend. Worst case scenario, I hold out to next month which is the last month of my current Q50 lease.

I’ve seen guaranteed discount off MSRP on TrueCar between 5000$ and 7500$, so that’s my target off invoice before I bring in the VPP code. It is different in each market, so you have to check around.

It’s also a function of the currently flush NorCal tech economy.

Newbie question, what is VPP code, and who gets them?

@rj123456 VPP codes are for either loyalty Infiniti customers leasing again or for employees that offer a discount with Infiniti.

*Employees of a participating company, IIRC, not just employees of Nissan/Infiniti

So I received a final offer from Infiniti of $358/month with nothing down. That includes everything rolled in. I took a shot and entered my work email address into Nissan’s VPP site and it turns out my company has a VPP Code. What should i do next?