2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

Are you people serious? 24% discount with no haggling… LMAO. There is 2100 dollars approximately built in to the car between invoice and MSRP. A few hundred dollars for advertising assistance and stair step money which tops out at approximately 1500 dollars. 3600 to net zero for the dealer. And he’ll save you the remaining 8500 because you’re nice and he likes you, right? Walk in to any dealer and tell him ou want a 25% discount off MSRP… Then duck! And Infiniti NEVER incentivizes their vehicles that high right after introduction. 2.0T, Yes. 3.0T? I call BS

2 Likes

So is this woman from Des Moines lying?

She claims that she got an Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0t Premium Plus at a 22% discount:

Source: http://www.truthin7minutes.com/best-deal-on-a-new-car/

Sal,

Lets face it this deal is not going well with you. You are trying to sell some of your high priced leases here but this forum is not the right customer base for you.

We are all way to smart for you to sell anything here.

Now let me rip apart your BS that you just posted above.

Have you ever heard of something like lease cash which the factory gives to push vehicles out of dealer lot. That is money that directly gets paid to dealer when they lease these vehicles to informed buyers like us. In this case IFS is pushing almost 9K in lease cash. The so called dealer profit is intact in this deal and they would moreover save $500 odd that he would pay to a brokers like you if you get the customer and pushed some papers.

Gone are the days when dealers and brokers like you suggest that there is a very slim margin for dealer and they cannot sell the car for more than 7-10% discount.

Let me give you a tip about walking into a dealership and asking for 25% discount you mentioned above. Only dumb people suggest to go to dealership to negotiate in person at a dealership. These days it can be done sitting in your home or office and most people on this forum get the deal they want over a phone or email, give a deposit and show up to pick up the car.

I get my deals by straight up deducting the incentive factory is giving from the invoice price and come up to the Cap cost and than make sure dealer won’t charge and BS fee like doc fees etc and that gets me to 25% discount.

I don’t ask the dealer to please give me that discount, I tell him this is what I want and I get it.

HN

4 Likes

@michael - can you please block this guy (@CarPhan and all his clones @LeaseNewbie69 / @TomHuxley and now @SusanJBerkowitz) ?

2 Likes

But but it’s only 2 payments of $99!

Danggggggggg :heart_eyes:

#props

@clee920

Below is the lease calculation I did with the numbers you provided on my own lease calc. To put it mildly these are horrible numbers for a 2.0T.

You are getting 10K discount on MSRP with a factory support of 9K so you are paying just 1K below MSRP. I would request at least 12.5-13K of MSRP. Also check if the MF is padded or is that what other dealers suggest in CA. In NY its 0.00003.

1 Like

I think the MF is .00003 for the 3.0t trim. For the 2.0t trim, the MF should be .00021, according to a post by @michael.

His response:

“The 2017 Q50 2.0 Premium only has $6200 worth of incentives/factory support. So I am actually giving you an extra $4000 off.”

Try getting quotes on the 3.0t models. Even though they have higher MSRP, they might have better support, so you might get a better deal on those models. Plus, the MF on the 3.0t is really low.

First off, let me apologize for not being clear. That is my mistake. I also apologize if I have offended any of you. My point, however misstated it was, was walking into a dealership, in my neck of the woods anyway, and asking for 25% off elicits a whopper of a response from the dealer. Thats all. Yes I know what dealer cash is. I was a GM for 16 years. I also know that yes, you can get a ridiculous deal now and then. Also, all I did was post a link. Have not tried to sell anyone anything. Just chiming in with my opinion. And lets not forget, different regions have different incentives. Again, my apologies for not being clear. Ya’ll have a great day!

@clee920

He is referring to just customer cash. There is dealer cash as well. You are suppose to get all of it as well.

Tell him that you have been told by other dealer what the total cash support on it from factory is and that if he cannot give it all it is a non starter for the deal.

Sal,

You still didn’t get the point of this forum. We over here don’t pull the discount numbers out of thin air and neither do we walk straight to the dealer and demand a 25% discount to elicit a whopper of a response.

With all due respect things have changed in car sales industry since you started as GM. We don’t look at the car ad page of local newspaper (BTW I have never subscribed or bought a news paper in my life) for the weekly specials and go to nearest dealer on a weekend and waste 5-6 hours haggling with bunch of people eventually giving up and thinking this is the best I could have got.

We on this forum start our shopping by doing our homework, all of which is done without ever to step foot in a dealership. We share our deals with people across the country who get a ballpark number to aim for and substantiate it with proper numbers like lease cash, factory support, hold back etc. This way we know what discount to ask for and there is always that 1 dealer who needs to make a sale who will make the sale without getting nosebleed levels of profit.

HN.

2 Likes

I’ve been lurking here for awhile and I finally found the car I want. I would say I’m confident when it comes to haggling, but have NO experience with car leases. I haven’t called the dealership yet (California), but I want to get the right info before I do. Please correct me if I’m wrong

Car:2017 Q50 sport 3.0 (iridium)
Dealer cost:45,770
MSRP:44,650
Invoice:41,525
Residual:51%
MF:.00003
(No VPP)
Car ha been on the lot 60 days
My goal is to pay 36,000 including taxes and gap insurance(or less!) So that my payments are low. After reading this, this is what I have gathered. I should call and ask for a financial manager. Then tell them the car I’m interested in and say I want $10,000 off MSRP (or do I literally say I want it for 34,500??). If they ask where I got that # say that the invoice is 41k, and I know that they get at least 8k in factory incentives. Is this good??

I was going to trade in my 2006 Chevy Aveo 115,000 miles. Is this a good idea??

You have most of the things correct. I would however make few changes.

1. I don’t know why you have a goal of 36K with taxes when you are leasing the car. If you are buying it than the factory cash for support will be different and needs further research on that.

2. You don’t need to deal with Finance manager when you call. Either ask for Internet sales, fleet manager or a regular sales person.

3. Tell them you are calling to get the Adjusted cap cost based on which a lease has to be calculated with above MF and residuals. Don’t give a monthly number you are comfortable with. This is what all dealers ask and you never fall for it. Ask the car for 34K even as cap cost and have some room to increase when you get push back.

4. Don’t discuss about your trade till you are done with all discussions and have a monthly number which is final.

5. Most important point is to be ready to listen to a NO from dealers. If your offer gets accepted by one of the the five dealers you call, remember you are asking for too less of a discount. This is early in month so they will not budge but you can stick to your number and they will be the ones calling you in the last week of the month.

Best of luck and keep us posted how your shopping goes.

HN.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your response! I greatly appreciate it! Researching all of this has been an interesting and eye opening process.

So just to clarify some things:
Call the dealerships and say I’m “calling because I’m interested in the q50 sport, and am looking for an adjusted cap cost of $34000.” Don’t tell them about the trade in til the numbers are set. If they ask how I got that number explain that it’s based on the invoice cost and dealer incentives, residual cost and MF, which is at least 10,000 below MSRP.
Is this correct(sorry I’m really struggling on the phrasing of this).
If asked what payments I’m looking for do I literally say no, or how do I phrase this? Do I even say I want to lease firsthand?
When do I say I want taxes and gap insurance rolled in?
I really want to make sure I have my mind wrapped around everything before I start calling so that I feel the most confident. Please let me know if there is anything else I’m missing.

What is “Dealer Cost”?

I also have a theory that creating an email account with a male or unisex name will have much higher odds of your being taken seriously when negotiating over email.

@MrsMo

I never like to promote spoon feeding but I am impressed with the amount of homework you have done so far so I am going to lay down exact steps for you. Apart from the exact steps below you need a healthy dose of self confidence.

These steps can be used by any newbie for any car they are interested in. Just change the asking price of the car after you know the incentives available and deduct them from invoice price.

1. Call the dealerships and say I’m calling to lease a 2017 q50 sport 3.0T. Check the dealers site and find the car you are interested in and refer the stock # when you call. Politely ask the sales person that you are looking for an adjusted cap cost of the car around $34000. Support the logic of your asking sales price by mentioning that it is derived after deducting all available factory incentives from invoice price. Also mention that you will count your lease price yourself after just getting the best Cap cost (selling price) the dealer can offer as you already know the residual value and MF.

2. You will be asked what is the monthly payment you can afford? - You need to mention that monthly payment is immaterial to you as you can count it yourself. Just stick to the original question which is what is the least selling price they can offer the car for.

3. Don’t talk about taxes now and GAP insurance is included in Infiniti lease. You can say you can either pay it upfront or roll it into the monthly payment but it will be decided later.

The most important thing is to have confidence. Don’t shy away in asking for that discount. No one is doing you a favor giving that discount on the contrary you are helping them make a sale.

Always remember you have to Lease a car once every 3 odd years and they have to sell/lease hundreds of cars a month so you are always in the drivers seat.

Be ready to listen to a big NO from multiple dealers. If your offer is accepted in first few calls you make, start the process again and this time ask for 1000 more in discount.

HN

4 Likes

He responded with “I just wanted to let you know that I checked with the factor and the $6200 includes all incentives offered to the customer, so you are in fact getting all of it. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn your business.”

:sweat: