2017 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition Deal $88 Per Mo

Make sure the quote on price is OTD including all fees.

So after they say yes to the $19000 youā€™re looking for. Tell them about the $2000 lease cash + $500 sale cash + $1000 uber rebate?

Going in the same boat but dealers around Los Angeles canā€™t work prices. They just figure you know some abut lease terms and stuff and they just stop replying.

Exactly. Thatā€™s how itā€™s done.

1 Like

Just leased a 2017 elantra sport. My hubby drove both and said the sport is an entirely different vehicleā€¦ jalopnik gave it a pretty awesome review. went with the same guy who did my sonata for $182 back in December. There were only 6 of these cars within a 75 mile radius of us. This thing is somehow a compact car with a turbo and heated seats and leather and all kinds of worthless sh*t that my hubby is super happy about :slight_smile:
Anyway, had dealers quote us as high as $279/mo with first payment only down
We ended up with $233 a month including $15/mo for excess wear and tear insurance. The residual on these is definitely 53, not 60. We paid first monthā€™s payment and nothing else. 12/36, I think our MF was .00003. Will post all the final numbers when my husband sends me a pic of the papers (I had to put the kiddo to bed). I donā€™t think we did too bad?

1 Like

Your hubby is happy, so who cares? :slight_smile: Enjoy your car.

1 Like

MSRP: [$23,495]
Selling Price: [$21300]
Rebates: [$2,500 TOTAL ($2,000 lease cash, $500 owner loyalty)]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

MF: [0.00003] (unless the dealer gave me a major typo in the quote)
Residual: [53%]
Acquisition Fee: [$0]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$219 (First month pmt)]
extras: wear and tear insurance, $15 extra/mo
Monthly Payment: [$233 (incl tax)]

Zip Code: [44122]
Sales Tax Rate: [8%]

Doesnā€™t look like a bad deal. Hope the incentives are different there though. In my zip there is 3K lease cash. You can build one out on hyundai website and hit calculate payments and they show you all the incentives. Pretty helpful actually, but be even better if they gave you the MF and residual. Hope he enjoys the ride and thanks for posting.

only $2k in our zip unfortunately :frowning:

The 60% residual was only for the value edition. The sport is indeed much lower

So they wouldnā€™t budge for the Sport beyond the Hyundai discounts? I donā€™t see any dealer discount listed. For purchase, a Sport Base is about $17k-$18k. Neat car for sure!

Okay, so Iā€™ve got a dealer at $18,500. However, theyā€™re saying for a lease they canā€™t do Uber Rebate because Hyundai wonā€™t finance it if they tell them Uber?

Anyone run into this? Any fact to it?

Thatā€™s completely false. I used it on my lease

Seems a few other people ran into this issue.

Iā€™m going to move on from this dealer. The price was still great, so, even without Uber Iā€™d have thought about it.

But then she gives me a lease price of $199 and $1600 up front, but says her selling price is $18,500 with no incentives yet included?

This is the nonsense we have to deal with people, lol.

Iā€™m looking at a sonata and have been texting with a sales woman at a local dealer. The Sonata incentives on the Limited arenā€™t great this month but she has been trying to talk me in. I asked two days ago if she knew if the Uber discount could be used on a lease and she replied that no one in the dealership had a clue. Today she got back to me and said it could be used on a lease. Either she is right or she is really trying to talk me in.

Just got an email from one of the dealers after he agreed to give me sale price or $16,180

So I ran the numbers and the calculator give me this

MSRP:$21,390.00
SELL PRICE:$19,180.00

Taxed incentives:$2,500
NET PRICE:$16,680.00
Residual value:$12,834
MF:0.00047
Tax: 7.7% (OC)
Registration and doc fee: $230
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $199

With zero down I get $159 with tax.

Sent that to the dealer and they replied this

ā€œyea I dont know how you come up with that number. If you want to come in I can show you the paperwork.ā€

They want $235 month :scream:

Ask them to send you a breakdown via email. Iā€™m running into the same issue. My best price guy at 19200 somehow is $500 more than he should be by all my calculations. No explanation. Heā€™s sending me screenshots of his breakdown today at some pointā€¦

You have the wrong MF. It should be .00114. Still should get you to $235 though

Got it from the edmunds forum (California). Iā€™m going to try to get a better deal doing one pay lease

The post Iā€™m seeing on Edmunds says a .00114 MF for the Value Edition and .00047 for the Limited. Considering that the Limited starts at over $22k, and your residual is 60%, you must have the Value which has the .00114 MF. Hyundai doesnā€™t do onepay leases AFAIK. Try getting the Uber discount which will save you $1000.

1 Like

Thanks for the correction and the advise man. Will do