2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport lease

Did you get it? I had another dealer tell me today there is no way to do uber on a lease.

Yes, I did :slight_smile:

Total Discount with everything off MSRP was around 29%

I just donā€™t get how they benefit from lying. You definitely can use Uber. Many of us have.

A majority of people will not want the Uber discount. I have zero desire to Uber with my vehicle. So, to get a more realistic idea of the cost of leasing, that discount equates out to about $27 a month.

Who would ā€œnot want a $1,000 discountā€? I used the Uber discount and I have never given an Uber ride in my life

I suppose I donā€™t understand the Uber discount. They literally just are giving out $1000, no strings attached?

Correct. All you have to do is sign up to be an Uber driver, then show your dealer proof of being a new driver and you get $1,000 off. Easiest 5 minutes and $1,000 saved ever. Anyone who doesnā€™t take advantage of it is absurd.

Interesting. It is indeed a hack, though when Iā€™ve tried to take shortcuts in the past, it always bites me in the ass.

State Farm could have raised my insurance rates.

It seems there can be warranty issues.

YMMV.

There are insurance issues with being an Uber driver. I recā€™d a notice from Erie Ins about having to upgrade ins for being a driver. Your collision is not valid, and other liabilities. Uber will not tell you because they do not care about your collision coverage.

I signed up and scheduled the required vehicle inspection appointment, then got a cancelation notice the next day. The beauty of it is that it allows me into my ā€œdriver dashboardā€ which I think is all you need. So it legit took like ten minutes of effort to get the screen grab I needed.

Exactly.

Hence why I said above - unless youā€™re willing to take a chance, most of us wonā€™t bother with the Uber hack. It sounds good in theory, but thereā€™s no such thing as a free lunch.

I also have Erie insurance and have had no hassles to speak of

Same here. No issues and Iā€™m with progressive.

This is a truly epic deal at only $184 for a 25k car.

Without Uber itā€™d have been $212 :expressionless:

In this months magazine Erie sends out, Erie gives the downside to being an Uber driver as far as your insurance is concerned. I am saying it may be worth oneā€™s time to take a look at it.

1 Like

Registering with Uber to get a discount and actually driving for Uber are two different things. The act of registering has no bearing on insurance.

I registered for Uber with my wifeā€™s vehicle. Had absolutely nothing to do with the Hyundai I was leasing. Zero connection between the vehicle I was leasing and using it with Uber.

The insurance company may not see it that way. Itā€™s cost-prohibitive for them to run an investigation and prove one provided Uber rides. The Uber registration and ā€˜activeā€™ driver dashboard screenshot could be proof enough for them to consider you a driver (which could result in denying or changing coverage).

Thatā€™s the chance with attempting certain hacks. I would be unwilling to chance having my insurance increased or denied to save some money. Iā€™ve learned that trying to cheat the system sometimes works, sometimes doesnā€™t.

Others are willing to chance it. To each their own. At the end of the day, Iā€™m spending $224 total on an Elantra Sport out the door with the wear and tear warranty. I feel it was a good deal, and itā€™s legit.

Almost sounds like Yoda, and I agree

It would be tremendously easy to prove you never provided rides as it is all digitally logged.

1 Like