2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport lease

Not only that, but most insurances these days require you declare whether the vehicle is going to be used for that purpose. If you say “no” and your uber dashboard also shows zero rides, the insurance company would have a really hard time denying you coverage just because you are technically “eligible” to be an uber driver. You can always tell the insurance company you’re registered as a precaution but will not be using the vehicle for that purpose.

I think people are over thinking this out of paranoia…

Yep. @max_g is just be argumentative for a change.

Table near the bottom of article lists add on cost for some insurance companies.

http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/insurance-for-rideshare-drivers.html

Some dealers definitely will not allow Uber for a lease. Only for a purchase.

Then go to the next dealer that will accept it. They are definitely out there.

In other words, one would log into their Uber dashboard…to prove they’re not an Uber driver?

Actually it’s very easy for them to decline to insure you. They don’t even need to provide a reason, let alone prove anything or provide you an opportunity for a defense against some specific allegation AFAIK (unless it’s due to credit reasons, in which case the FCRA comes into play). It’s not like a criminal trial.

You want to argue their chances of finding out are unlikely, that’s fine. Arguing that you can prove yourself “innocent” once the insurer finds out about your Uber registration is pointless IMO. Once they suspect something and issue a letter declining to insure you or declining to renew your insurance, at what point do you think you are given an opportunity to defend yourself against an unspecified allegation?

Hi Guys, I am offered Elantra Limited with 0 extras for 149 a m …12k/36m/0 down.
Is it good?

This is the wrong thread. Go to the right one.

Dude, many people have registered, do not drive for Uber, get the discount and have their insurance rates unaffected. Can’t argue with that, that is the fact. Why or how, who knows. But the discount is real.

1 Like

@rieuk, you haven’t been around here long enough to know that @max_g loves to argue about everything. To say that arguing is his favorite thing in the world would not even slightly express the amount he loves arguing. You will also learn that he is always right.

Well it is like any fleet hack, be it farm bureau for GM or aarp for BMW etc etc. Sooner or later Hyundai will find out that people are hacking it and stop the discount or tighten the eligibility.

As for insurance ramificatins, well it is like speeding. We all do it and hope we never get caught :slight_smile:

Just wanted to post my deal closed last night (5/31/17) on an Elantra Sport Base 6M -

MSRP - $22,585
TTL + Doc Fee - $579
Acq. Fee - $595
Term - 36/10k
MF - 0.00016
Residual - $11,970 (53%)
Total Discount and Rebates - $5,750 (was qualified for Uber, but no military/recent grad/loyalty…not sure about the $500 finance rebate since this is a lease)

Drive Off - $183
Monthly Payment - $183 (6.25% tax included)
1st year of oil changes (up to 3) included. Also got a set of all weather mats thrown in.

Congrats. Enjoy the new car.

So no problems with the Uber hack? What was the sale price?

P&S showed $4000 in rebates, which I know I wasn’t qualified for in full…unless there was hidden lease cash available that was buried in that $4k number.

So, if that $4k rebate was indeed valid, the total dealer discount would’ve been $1750, which would make the sale price $20,835.

Good deal.

I qualified for $3k in incentives. My sale price was around $19500. Residual $12100. I tacked on the wear and tear warranty, so my per month with taxes is $224. You got a great deal.

if they offered that to you for a limited, how much did they offer for a SE or limited?

Just left Danbury Hyundai

Here’s the breakdown -
Elantra Sport + Premium Package (MSRP $25,300 I believe)
15k / $214 a month

$2000 down, tax, title, dmv, all included

Bueno or no bueno?

Helped my sister get an elantra sport automatic with premium, msrp ~26K, for $207 last month with nothing down, except the $500 needed for boost up match. That payment included the oil change package, excess wear/tear and the permaplate protection. Permaplate was probably not worth it, but she was ok with adding it. Get rid of the add-ons and payments would have been in the low 170s.

Rebates were boost up, uber, military, loyalty, and 2k lease cash. This was for 10k miles. Hope that gives you a reference point for the deal you are being offered.

Wow, I also just left Danbury Hyundai and for Elantra Sport Automatic + Premium with $2000 down and 36/15k they said 269 a month. What discounts did you get? I only got the $3000 cash lease.

It seems that the Uber rebate is already gone, I do not qualify for any other rebates. How much off the MSRP I should request them to go?