2017 Honda Clarity Electric (36 mo/20K) for $199/mo with $899 due (not including taxes, registration and fees) CA and OR residents only

Hi,
I got mine at Long Beach Honda.
The Sales associate was Vince. He said he is happy to TRY to replicate my deal with anyone, so long as his managers are ok with it. It will also come down to the model you want, and if it is something they have in stock too.
I got the touring edition in the Red color.
Hope it helps.
His direct cell number is 714 705 3334

I asked Capitol Honda about the Clarity EV lease. They said it was non-negotiable since its directly from Honda corp.
1500 down (includes 1st month payment)
217 per month
9095 total lease

It’s true that it’s non-negotiable . Total drive off should be 145x. Depends on your tax for monthly payment.

Got the following deal in Downtown LA Honda (ask for Sergio):

2017 Clarify EV in White, had 7 miles
-$899 out the door (includes dmv fees and 1st month’s payment)
-35 payments of $218.xx (includes tax for my zip)
-free set of all weather floor mats

They had 2 more white ones as of 12/7. Price was not negotiable, was offered the above when we walked in, very straight forward.

If you guys need more numbers on this deal or info, let me know.

Funny, we have had ours for two weeks and have been trying to find the source of this rattle, too. It isn’t loud, but I hear it when I hit small bumps (like bots dots in the road). Sounds like it’s from the glovebox area, it can’t isolate it yet.

That’s exactly where our rattle sound coming from too. Driving me nuts! My OCD can’t handle it anymore. After driving circles in the parking lot at 12AM just trying to figure it out, it’s actually the A pillars that’s making those noise. I freaking table around it and put a little tape on the tiny speaker tweeter. Problem solved lol. No rattle in 2 days now. Finally in peace. As it should be. Try to put some tape on the passenger side a-pillar. Between it and the windshield. And a bit tape across the tweeter. And let me know if solves your problem. I don’t want to bring it to the dealer if I can solve it myself. I’m scare that the dealership might just make things worse. My experience with BMW dealership is just like that, takes them 3~4 times to fix rattle noise. Waste me bunch of time and milage. Since they will need to do road test which they will be driving around 20~50 miles every time when they need to check on the rattle.

Ha! So we were driving tonight and both of us were going insane trying to find it and i told my husband that I thought it was the tweeter housings making the sound (because tonight was the first time I heard it on both sides of the car, not just passenger side). When we get home I’m going to investigate more and get out the tape! Thanks for the tip.

Otherwise, loving our first two weeks of electric motoring. It’s a stellar value.

We just got our clarity today and most of what everyone mentioned so far is correct. The hondalink app is so frustratingly bad and I could not get it to work because of the “verification” code bug/glitch.

The deal was pretty sweet. 199 plus tax for me was 214 and then 899 flat (dealer ate tax, reg, license) for a total of about 8400 and then minus 4500 CA ev rebate for low income and it really is a good deal.

After driving home though, we found we were missing a panel underneath the rear of the car, I hope I’m not crazy but it seems like something should be there… Anyone care to help me confirm my suspicions?

New photo by Tony Siu New photo by Tony Siu
1 Like

Congrats on the new car! Ya that’s a great deal!! Mine look just like that too! I don’t think anything is missing, I bring it to my alignment guy right after I leased the car to see what’s under it and it’s pretty much very expensive parts. Honda uses bunch of aluminum underneath but the front is thicker ones so should be pretty strong. I worried about alignment since Bay Area road condition is nothing like Germany’s autobahn which is silky smooth…

Thank you so much for your reply, I feel much better about my new car now!!!

Great experience so far!

Just a guess, but that’s probably where the gas tank goes. :laughing:

I finally got the HondaLink app to work. These were steps that I went thru, so hope it helps

1. Register for a HondaLink account, and download and install it on your phone, and do a initial link your car in HondaLink app.
  2. The Dealer HAD TO manually add the Clarity Electric to your account (you can’t do yourself) - provide your VIN and your chosen PIN number (make note of this) to the dealer.
  3. You should get an email from HondaLink, which you will open a page and complete the linking Clarity Electric to your HondaLink account. Verify all the info, VIN, and enter the PIN (step 2)
  4. Wait for an hour or so.
  5. Open HondaLink app, you should see the “Activiation Remote Features” option appear (under Climite, Status … section)
  6. Follow thru those steps by agreeing to Terms and Condition, and it would ask you for your Security PIN.
  7. Enter your PIN in, if it takes the PIN, then great!! You’re done!
    If it errors with “Network error occurred”, then it’s not really a network error. Just reset your PIN (to the same one), and try again, it should work.
    *** I had to call the CS twice, and they weren’t helpful, telling me to contact the dealer again… which is wrong! They should have told me to reset the PIN, and save 24 hours of my life!

Just inquired with Honda in Irvine. Pricing is different than advertised. What gives? The monthly price is probably correct with sales tax, but not sure how the price increased from $899 to $1470?

Here is the information you requested:
2017 Honda Clarity Electric plug-in only

MSRP:$ This car is lease only. $1,470.00 down and $217.00 per month.

That’s what most people paid and matches the title. It’s $899 plus TTL.

Could you give us more information on your dealer/location?

While $199 seems to be the standard (aside from a poster’s luck in Roseville), you not having to pay TTL is pretty great.

Thanks.

Just leased a blue Clarity Electric in San Diego Dec 4th $215X35 months 899 plus TTL. Dealer would not negotiate at all. No recent grad or military discount, no free all weather mats nothing, take it or leave it. I ask how much an extended warranty was since I have 60,000 miles and the standard bumper to bumper warranty is only for 36000 miles. I was told an extended warranty is not available for this special lease, but I would not need one since all repairs will be covered for the entire 3 years or 60000 miles.Has anyone heard this? I cant find anything in writing to back his claim up.

bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years 36,000 miles. But the battery and motor is up to 80,000 miles. So I think we are covered for most of the part within the lease. I asked too for extra protection, they said nothing can be add on to this car since this program is directly from American Honda, not dealership.

Is there a disposition fee when you return the Clarity EV at end of lease?

My salesman said no, and was confirmed by the finance guy.

no for the disposition fee? if we don’t lease another Honda at the end of the lease?