2017 Honda Clarity Electric (36 mo/20K) for $199/mo with $899 due (not including taxes, registration and fees) CA and OR residents only

I was looking it up for a family member and no one in Bay area seems to have it. A car with 89 mile range is that popular suddenly?

No, itā€™s because

1. Itā€™s a Honda
  2. It comes with a ton of features found on ā€˜XLEā€™ level cars
  3. Itā€™s reasonably priced.

Yes SF Bay Area dealers are out. Walnut Creek said they leased 5 (5! woohoo! erā€¦)
If you like it, and can find one, grab it. Personally I canā€™t stand looking at it but it supposedly drives well and is super quiet.

What credit score do you need to have to be approved for this offer?

Tier 1, 720-750 or above.

lets say I have a 665 score can I still get the car? would i just have to put more downpayment down?

I told my sales guy that I donā€™t have a good credit, I use Credit Karma and it shows 690. He told me that Honda has a different standard for these Clarity, since they are on a special program. I think they said 680 will be fine too. But after they run my credit, they got 780, so itā€™s kind of weird. For Clarity, either itā€™s a PASS or NOT PASS. they donā€™t have Tier. So just go try it out. But make sure you can charge at home, since the car only has 90 ~ 100 miles.

1 Like

Nice @skyline31518! CK Says 680 and they think itā€™s 780? Looks like Honda is going to take a bath on these cars when people donā€™t pay for them. Haha. I guess it really is just testing the waters.

CK shows 680 but their credit check come back and says 780ā€¦ they use Transunion I believe. But they told me anyone pretty much can pass for the Clarity credit check. Ya idk what Honda is doing, but then again, donā€™t know why they put 25Kwh battery in this car neither.

Test drove the car in Torrance at Scott Robinson Honda today. They had a couple of plug-in hybrids as well. The salesperson actually just leased one himself. Looks great inside and pretty much looks like an Accord from the outside, but the range definitely killed it for me.

I recently (last week) purchased the clarity PHEV. So far overall, I LOVE the vehicle. I am coming from a 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Ultimate. The Electric range quotedā€¦ I think they were a little enthusiastic with the PHEV projected 47 milesā€¦ I usually come out around 42 or 43. No complaints on that though. The ride and comfort of the car so far has been great! (I have the touring trim). I wish the software was a little more manageable with less of the menu tree feel to it. I miss the console dial/wheel that allowed me to control everything pretty much in the Genesis. The touch screen on this is great, butā€¦when youā€™re bouncing around on Californian roadsā€¦ well, sometimes it is easy to hit the wrong part of the touch screen.
I chose the PHEV over the electricity vehicle, purely for not wanting the range anxiety, however the added bonus is that I could PURCHASE instead of leaseā€¦ this means $9,500 back to me in rebates off the price I paid, so it makes it a lot of car for a mid $20 thousands Honda. The finance rate is 1.9% through Honda for meā€¦ cheap money no matter which way you look at it.
Nice to drive, nice to ride in, still plenty of get up and go when I had 4 adults on board. I do wish the forward collision software was actually ā€œactiveā€ and would ā€œstopā€ you if needed. It doesnā€™t, it just warns you more loudly as you get closerā€¦ I guess Honda didnā€™t want any liability issues for themselves. I also kind of wish a sunroof was an option. Still, Its a great car and I am more than happy with it so far. I LOVE just cruising on past gas stationsā€¦ itā€™s kind of waving goodbye to an old selfish friend that you have pretty much cut out of your life :wink:

It did not stop for you? It stopped for me couple times when I fall asleep. But it was a very sudden stop(rough) woke me up a bit which i guess is good.

I have never tried to have it stop, I was told by the Sales Associate that it was more of a warning system and that it would not stop and that I shouldnā€™t rely on it to. So, to me, it sounded kind of like the lane departure warning. It has no guarantee of keeping you in the lane, just rumbles and gives a light on the dash so that you know, but ultimately its up to the driver to stay in the lane. Well, that is how I assumed the stop for a car in front wasā€¦ it would warn and do all it could, but ultimately it is up to you. If the Sales associate was wrong on that I say great, cause it is a cool feature to have, My Genesis has it and I thought it was great.

SF Honda, I worked with Steven Lee. No guarantee they can do it again, but itā€™s worth a shot. You can tell him Tony just bought a white one on the 9th! lol.

Also in case anyone was leasing one, there should NOT be any other charges such as a lease return fee or disposition fee of $350. If there is such a fee on your paperwork, something is wrong because Honda does NOT charge this for Clarity leases.

The lane keep assist can only be activate when driving 40 or above, which works great on freeway but only for small curve not big only. Can only stay on for like 15 sec. before it tell u to touch the steering wheel a bit. How long can you keep it active before it ant your attention again on for the Genesis?

Is it possible to drive this car from central coast to bay area? approximately 190 miles. From google maps it seems charging station coverage might not be that great.

get chargepoint app on your phone and it will show you everywhere charging stations areā€¦ so u can know before buying/leasing :slight_smile:

on the Genesis if you donā€™t respond to it within around 20-30 seconds of it beeping you to put your hands on the wheelā€¦ it says screw you, youā€™re not listening to me and it shuts the feature off! lol

I donā€™t think Iā€™m losing my mind, but I remember someone posting (and responding to me) on this deal, where they could return the vehicle to Honda after giving them a 90 day notice? I canā€™t seem to find that posting anywhere anymore. Anyone knows where it went? I ask as I couldnā€™t find ANYTHING that said that anywhere.