2017 Honda Clarity Electric (36 mo/20K) for $199/mo with $899 due (not including taxes, registration and fees) CA and OR residents only

The total drive-off for me was $1432 or so…
Happy with the drive, but haven’t really tested its range yet

Range is about 85~100 depends on how you drive it. If you are used to the first gen EV range which is around 70~80… this will just a bit more but not much.

Hi Phrawg2001, I am willing to take over your Kia Soul lEase. What are the payments for it and how much is the buy off?
Please text me.

Sorry for the spam, i do not know how to send a private message.
Uday
(408)531-1367

Hello, I just leased a Honda Clarity for my mom. The range is indeed its biggest drawback, but we love all the features of the car.

The lease is fixed in our area (could not replicate the $169 lease posted by one of the hackrs above), we ended up paying about $1,440 in drive off, and the monthly payment (all inclusive) is $215. However, since my mom is retired and does not generate much income, she qualifies for the full $4,500 CVRP. In Southern Cal we also get $450 in rebate from SCE, so total monthly average is $110, very good deal! Now we’re just waiting for the rebate checks, hopefully there aren’t any problems.

2 Likes

I live in Ontario, So Cal, and just bought the PHEV version of this car. I was going to lease, and I know almost ALL manufacturers say they are giving you back the federal rebates in the form of a “lower lease cost”, but, I just wanted to be sure. So, I actually bought the car.
I got the touring edition and after a LOT of haggling and messing around with dealers and being told “its a brand new model, no way will anyone give you anything off the MSRP”, I eventually got $1,500 off it.
So, for a $35,999 car that I will now qualify for the full $7,500 federal rebate, the $1,500 State rebate, and the $450 from the electricity company, I believe it is a good value car for MY situation. I get 2 hrs a day free charging at my work, and drive 23 miles each way x 4 days a week. So, ALL my work travel should be pretty much free now, but with no range anxiety on any other longer trips like San Diego etc. The finance rate was 1.9% through Honda, so its cheap money too.
Beautiful car to drive, and so nice to have a genuine 5 seater that can still be so cheap to run and so nice inside.
I know some people HATE the covered rear wheel arch tops… But, I also own a 74 Caddy Eldorado… So I am used to them :wink:
If anyone has any questions about the PHEV version of this car, feel free to hit me up.
The Dealership I used was long beach Honda, and the Sales rep was Vince.
All the best,
Alan

What app you guys are using to connect to the Clarity Electric?

I downloaded the HondaLink EV app, and it asked me for a PIN number, then I called 1-877-418-7487 to obtain one… However, the rep told me the HondaLink EV app does not support Clarity Electric, and he doesn’t know any office Honda app that support this vehicle… I find this very odds and frustrating :frowning:

So are you really getting the range stated. I have a kia soul ev+(93 range) and really want this one, but I want make sure it is close to the epa range because I don’t want to really lose more than the 4 coming from my soul ev+.

Yea most of them have no idea how Clarity operate. It’s too new for them. So make sure you phone is pair with your car(need to be ON, and put in P). Then open the Honda Link app. The car will receive a message in the inbox(you pull from top to bottom to see your notification just like an android or iOS device. PIN usually will send out within 5 min. I tried a lot of times to get one. The system is very buggy so you gotta be patient. Let us know how it goes!

It really depends on how you drive… in a stop and go traffic… Yes! But when I’m driving around 85mph… I can only get 55~65 miles of range. Also depend on the hills too. It’s really hard to tell. Since I only have the car for less than a month.

saw the clarity PHEV today, knew it because it’s available in different colors. I would have considered buying it but it wasn’t out 2 weeks ago when i leased the electric version!

The Homelink is compatible with Clarity. And yes I agree with Skyline, a lot of these reps have no idea about the Clarity. My rep was confused on the eligible rebate and some of the features in the car.

How often does your Homelink refresh? I plugged in the charger today and it’s been over an hour and it’s still showing the same %. Even when I force it to refresh, the number still doesn’t change.

I think the fastest is like every 2 min. Already an hr and nothing changes… that’s really weird. Is the car charging? I can’t believe they didn’t include a charging indicator in the car, only next to the charging port. The software is totally not ready for the car.

I used the HondaLink app,and it wouldn’t let me create a PIN

• turn on car, P mode, open app, make sure app says connected to my Clarity car
  • tap vehicle status, it prompt me to:

A) create a new PIN…

• prompted me to enter my zipcode, passed this step
  • prompted me to enter PIN of my choice, entered but then it said error… can’t complete this request

B) authorize primary user

• requested auth code, got the code in car’s Honda Message inbox
  • entered the code in app, which was accepted
  • prompted me to create new PIN, entered xxxx, and the app sent me back to the Auth code page again with error “Invalid code”:

Tried like 10 times and still couldn’t get it to accept my Pin

So when it asks to create a PIN, am I supposed to enter a pin number that I like OR is this PIN should be provided by Honda?

The auth code is from Honda, the PIN is what you want to create. Its like 4 number I believe… yea system is pretty buggy :confused:

The car is indeed charging, yes don’t think the app is very ready yet, but it’s not that big of a deal unless I need to charge the car outside.

Still have a lot to learn, we do really like all the fancy features.

I did not have any problem setting it up, got it it work the first time around, I barely read the instructions too.

Might need to get them on the phone to help you with it if you just can’t get it to work. Might also be the phone compatibility issue.

Yea… do you have any rattle around glovebox ?

I haven’t noticed any rattle at all. Overall the car feels very solid, but then again we have less than 100 miles on the car right now.

1 Like

Which Dealership did you get this deal at. I went to the Capitol Honda in San Jose yesterday and they are demanding $4500 above MSRP for the PHEV model. Such a rip off.

I am willing to buy this if I can get the $1500 off MSRP. Willing to drive to SoCal if needed.

1 Like