2017 Equinox 24 month lease thread for December, part III

If the manager went out of his way to tag vehicles of your choice, and the deal is really $93/month overall, I think I’d be more than fine with the deal.

You could try to squeeze the dealer for those last few bucks, but how much juice can you get out of a rock? :wink:

If you don’t need the vehicles, you could try waiting towards the end of the month, but then there is no guarantee those tagged units will still be on the lot.

If you are REALLY feeling lucky and have a GM card, wait till 1/1/17. Dec incentives will still be valid, and a GM Card bonus offer could come in.

The GM card bonus offers begin after the January incentive end date. So, this year incentives end on 1/3/17, so I would expect any GM card offers to begin 1/4/17.

Last year (well, 1 Jan this year), the offers dropped on New Year’s day, even though Dec incentives ran through 1/4/16. That was the first time I saw the GM card bonus earnings offered before the Dec sales month was over.

Hmm well I’ll have to keep a close eye out this time.

Here is a loaded Equinox in VA the dealer is advertising about $5,000 off sticker if someone wants to spend a little more than an LT:

http://www.reynoldsgmsubaru.com/new-Fredericksburg-2017-Chevrolet-Equinox-Premier-2GNFLGE39H6154438

Ask for Thomas, he hooked me up with my deals last year!

i have a feeling (just my personal opinion) that waiting until end of month to squeeze a few extra bucks out of the deal to chase year end bonuses might be difficult because I have a feeling that finding a bonus tagged unit won’t be easy. Today noon was the cut off to tag units. So yes you might be able to get another $10/mo or whatever but you might lose out on $1000 bonus tag and that doesn’t work out well. Best to find a dealer willing to deal in the next few days in my opinion and just pull the trigger. Those CA deals posted here (just like other CA deals like the maserati) are not realistic on many markets so i’d keep that in mind when shopping.

1 Like

You’d still be missing the Hurricane Matthew bonus cash though :grin:

I’m hoping to nab 2 bonus tagged LTs tonight. I have a pretty good quote from one dealer, but he wanted to inflate the money factor to .00180. If another dealer matches that quote and gives me the right MF I’ll get 2 cars for about $340ish a month plus 2 $700 Costco cards.

So about $280 a month for 2 mid-sized SUVs!

Compare it to this guy who is trying to swap his single Equinox lease that has a $361/month payment. Lol
http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/2016-Chevrolet-Equinox.aspx?salid=1081879

Enticing challenge. I’m in CA and qualify for Farm Bureau, Costco, and GM Loyalty/Conquest. I have no need for an Equinox, though…

Also I don’t see the bonus tag cars yet. My guess is that it’ll show up on the Chevy site later.

If I had any room in the driveway I would go get one since I can qualify for Farm Bureau, Costco, and GM Lease Loyalty, plus the $1,000 in GM Card Points to use. This will basically be used to offset the state of VA taxing the entire lease amount, though.

1 Like

I don’t currently have another leased vehicle in the household. If I lease another GM vehicle first, will I immediately qualify for the Lease Loyalty incentives on the 2nd vehicle (i.e. Equinox)?

@michael come on buddy…you have to get one as the lord of leasehackr just because you can and for bragging rights of course…you can flip it on swapalease anyway and make money just like everybody did on the cruze

Is the conquest cash still available for December? Can somebody post a link to that? All I see is the loyalty cash reflected on the money due at signing for the Equinox lease special.

http://www.courtesyvalue.com/incentives/md63/

Is this even a good car? Or is it just a cheap car…

It’s Chevy’s 2nd best selling vehicle I believe…about to release a new Gen Equinox, which is why the current out is being discounted so much. Great time to lease!

So, I got the following deal in California based on the info from this site/members (thank you):

Equinox LS
MSRP: $26,405
Selling Price: $23,417
Lease Loyalty: $2,000
Bonus Tag: $1,000
Lease Cash: $1,700
CCR: $750
Total Rebates: ($5,450)
Net Cap Cost: $17,967
Residual: 66% ($17,427)
Term: 24
Money Factory 0.00125 (waive the Acquisition Fee)
Drive Off: $0 (actually zero, drive off taken out of price)
Payment $72 (including tax)
Costco Deal: $700 Cash Card

There were some shenanigans that went on that I will not outline here but ultimately, I think the dealer took a deal they normally would not have, in order to make it right (kudos to them). As others have outlined, the incentives/programs are there, all you have to do is negotiate the right price (and money factor of course). The rest should line up if there is no monkey business on the dealer’s part.

3 Likes

What would be the most one can take of this lease if one doesn’t have the costco card? Someone in California were able to get a good deal without the costco card?

You should be able to negotiate close to the deal above without the Costco Card.

1 Like

Awesome! Congrats. That’s an effective price of $39.83/month after the $700 Costco cash card!

When I run your numbers on Leasehackr Calculator, I get $72/month with about $900 drive-off, though. Wonder what explains the difference.

How’d you find cars with a Bonus Tag?

1 Like