2017 Charger Scat Pack

Im sorry I was wrong MrJaySport. The Scatpack does not have the $4,000 IDL bonus cash like the RT does. Scatpacks only get $1,000 IDL bonus cash for the 2018s which likely not offset the higher MF and lower Residuals to make it worth it.

So leasing numbers on a scat pack is not good this month?

Leasing numbers for all the Dodge charger trims are not good this month.

A little number comparison for the 36/12k:
2017 Dodger Charger Scatpack had a 65% residual value last December.
2018 Dodge Charger Scatpack has a 54% residual value this December.

Both money factors are comparable.

The RTs had around 5-6% lower residual than the Scatpacks last year so even with a higher MSRP it was cheaper to lease a Scatpack than an RT.

This year there is only a 2% difference and the money factor of the RT is much lower making it the cheaper option.

I think there are a few reasons why the numbers are not good.
1: They still had a lot of 2017s they wanted to get rid of so kept their residuals lower than normal.
2: The Dodge Charger redesign has been announced for model year 2021. This will mean it will be harder to offload then 2018s after the lease expires.
3: Sedans are in a slump so residuals have fallen.
4: They will have a new major competition of the new Kia Stinger. This will hurt their resell value.

I wish there was a Kia Stinger anywhere close to me so I could check them out. I like how they look and as a bonus they will be rare for the next few years. They already have decent leash incentives.

So only the charger trims are not good…what about the challenger’s trims?

I haven’t look much into the Challengers and am not that familiar with the Trims.

Oh ok, cause I just received this quote for a 2018 chall. scat pack. Wanted to compare or see if I have any wiggle room.

The dealer discount is small. With affiliate price (Friend and Family) you can get a no haggle discount of around $2250 (based on that MRSP and its a rough estimate of plus to minus 50). That beats the $1205 they have listed.

IMO the $2,250 should be the minimum discount if you do not want to haggle. Check the affiliate list to see if you already qualify. If you do not sign up to Tread Lightly with the $100 package to gain access to it. Note: It takes 30 days after signing up to become eligible but you get the paperwork in around 2 weeks. Most will take it before the 30 days.

That Residual value is insane for a third party lease. It is a lot higher than Chrysler’s and you get an extra $500 incentive on top of it. Tomorrow I will try to find if there are any third parties that have similar for a Dodge Charger.

Discount is minimal and I do have tread lightly. That deal is with tread lightly included. These fca dealerships won’t budge on pricing.

My mistake. I see now the MSRP is $48,260. The $46,036 Is the invoice. This means they actually did below the 1% standard for friends and family.

Hey guys, still looking for a lease on a Scatpack but all the Socal dealers want 3k down and $500 monthly. Has anyone been able to beat that recently?

I recently pulled the trigger earlier this month on a 2018 base model scat pack lease from Orange Coast Chrysler Jeep Dodge. 36 month, 12k lease through US Bank for $470 monthly with only 1st month down and drive off fees.

1 Like

Congrats on the ride…that’s a sweet color and looks really good with the tinted windows… Enjoy

1 Like

Nice man! That dealership is pretty close and has a Destroyer Gray vehicle I’m interested in. Anyway you can send me the lease terms so I can go ask for the same deal?

Congrats on the new wheels man!

I had a lease return with 3 months remaining (about $1000 owed), the dealership took my lease return and I only paid $1500 out of pocket (which was a no brainer because I still owed $1k on the lease return). So essentially $500 was out of pocket. I was quoted $445 a month on a 10k lease but I needed 12k, hence the monthly price of $470 on an MSRP of $40,090 base model scat. The lease is through US Bank which I believe gives better residual values than Chrysler Capital or Ally.
Most importantly I worked through a broker (Jenna at Siren Auto), so i didnt do the numbers on my own. Good Luck!!

1 Like

I should also mention I qualified for conquest lease cash ($1k) and other incentives which you may or may not qualify for.

1 Like

I know this post is old but I’ve been trying to get a deal on a challenger in NC and I offered Steve white as mentioned in this post a lease deal. They weren’t even close?! I can use the calculator on here and dodge website and come up with $400 a mo all day on a scat pack and these dealers are all quoting me $500 or more a mo!? Hellcats over $750! Wtf

1 Like

Had the same issue when trying to get a deal for a friend in Maryland… basically you can get a mid-400 a month lease on a base, stripped-down Scat Pack (MSRP around 39k). Unfortunately, those are very rare to find and usually at these far-away dealers (at least for me).

All the local dealers in this are carried Scat Packs with MSRP’s in the 50k range. There’s a lot of more profit to be made from the higher-packaged trims so they order mostly those. The cheapest dealers would go around here was low 600s. I told them to take a hike.

Edit: These are also the same dealers who offered me a Renegade Sport at 535 a month… 535 freaking dollars for a vehicle with the selling price around 21k (25k MSRP). So yeah, they clearly gave me the “go f-yourself” treatment. I wonder if that strategy has been paying off for Fiat-Chrysler as of late? These leases were all with Chrysler financial.

It really depends on location (I’m in California), and the different monthly lease incentives that change month to month… From my experience, dealer are the most flexible (desperate) towards the end of December and in June…

And again, I would stay away from Chrysler Capital if possible. My last lease was thru them and they are crooked…

how long ago was this? And what did they do they left a bad taste in your mouth?