2017 Charger Scat Pack

I have done deal to Texas. We use your Zip Code’s rebates unless its a Wrangler you are shopping for. I refer a shipping company or your find your own transport. We use your tax and can title it for you in your state.

Nevermind…

2018 Scat Pack Charger (sunroof, alcantara, beats audio, blind spot mirrors)

MSRP $46070
Sell $41,990

MF @ .00155

Residual @ 55%

Down payment: $0

No fees/ just taxes, title registration in North Carolina

Payment: $610 monthly

I can appreciate the no fees but want to make sure this is the best deal. Thoughts???

Wow seems very high. Is that through Chysler Capital or third party?

It sounds like you are looking at Steve White. Fantastic dealer. That’s where I got mine.

Looks like there is $3,250 in IDL cash available if you lease through someone other than Chrysler.

You nailed it Steve white. I was told the MF% was through US Bank. Do you have any tips working with Steve White or a sales person there to work with? They have the highest deal on the table.

After a week of holding out and negotiating they called to off $525 MD, $1k down, 55% Residual. I was hoping to be around $400-$450 based on the 1% rule and it’s $46,995MSRP. What do you think??

525 is a lot of money for this car. I’ve been shopping one myself but based on the rates I’m holding out until next year. They basically aren’t incentivizing the lease of this car at all right now and the inventory in my area is starting to build. I think we will see deals in 1q like last year.

I thought so. I have another offer at a different dealer for $481, $1500 down, $48k MSRP without the beats sound system. I’m with you on holding out. Thanks for your help.

What’s killing the deal is the residual. When I got mine it was 64%. Nobody could come close to them on dealing. I don’t know how far you are willing to travel, but have you checked out Koons Dodge?

Your right. Who do you work with at the dealer in tysons corner? What was the best deal you seen through them on a scat pack?

I got mine at Steve white in January. First month payment + fees $520 at signing and $385/month taxes included.

Nice. What was the MSRP and year of the vehicle?

2017, and MSRP was $43,XXX I believe.

There are not many 2017 Scat Packs left. A little napkin math:

Incentives: $4,250
Rebate 1: $500 Military
Rebate 2: $500 TDM
IDL Leash Cash: $4,500
Total Incentives and Rebates: $9,750

Now how much of a dealer discount do you think would be possible. Im going to assume a $2,500 dealer discount but should be able to get a lot more.

With discount and all that is $12,250

Lets assume it is one of the few Base Scatpacks left which is $41,090.

New sale price is $28,840. Assuming a high MF and low residual value it may be possible to get it for under $400 a month lease with around $900 drive off (fees, first month, etc).

I assume it will be possible to get more than $2,500 dealer discount though. I am going to email the dealer you mentioned above and see what numbers they give me. I do not mind driving to VA if the dealer discount is great enough.

Those incentives are for retail purchase and not lease purchase. Good luck with that.

All those i listed are incentives for leasing it. I got them from the Dodge website as well as Autobytel.com.

Ok nevermind I see what you did. You can’t combine the IDL cash with the lease incentives through Chrysler Capital, it’s one or the other.

The IDL cash is when going with a third party and not through Chrysler Capital. When going through the third party you get both the IDL cash as well as the normal Leash Cash incentives.

The third party lease though has a lower residual value and higher money factor.

An example is for the 2018 which I had priced out at the local dealers. There is $2250 leash cash as well as $4,000 IDL when going with third party. The issue arises though that Chrysler normally bumps up their Residual Value as well as lowers there Money Factor. In the case of the RT it is cheaper to go through Chrysler even without the $4,000.

For the 2017 Scatpack it should be cheaper to go third party because Chrysler has not bumped up their residual a bunch and their MF is normal. I would expect to see a third party to have a 4-5% lower residual value and 0.5-1% higher interest rate (money factor). This should not be enough to offset the $4,500 IDL bonus cash. I am only assuming this as I do not have the third party information and they could be drastically lower than normal.

OK, I stand corrected, for some reason I thought there was a disclaimer on these current promos for leasing through CC.

I’m not sure how/why I misread it that way. I just looked up the incentives and like I said I’ll admit I was wrong.

1 Like

So your saying for a 2018 challenger scat pack, it is better to go through a third party?