2017 BMW i3 REx lease - 36mo / 10k mi / $298mo

Thanks for the info. That is super helpful.

Hey, Iā€™m in L.A. and Iā€™ve been keeping my eyes on the 2017 i3 for a couple of month. Just scheduled an extended test-drive yesterday but not in a rush to pull the trigger. Mind if I join you guys?

Will be fun when this group of five or more competes for 3 similar cars in stock at the same dealership :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gents (Iā€™m assuming, sorry if Iā€™m wrong),

Please add me as a serious consideration for the i3 in LA, looking this month.

Thanks!

Iā€™m in Orange County and also looking to purchase i3 REX. Please let me know if weā€™re doing a group purchase deal. Curious to see if thereā€™s any new incentive from BMW in Dec.

lol @ group-buy for i3. This is truly a motley crew. Usually group-buys are setup by die-hard BMW enthusiasts (M3/M4). Iā€™ve seen a few take place but primarily at the BMW Welt for Euro delivery so Iā€™m interested to see how this pans out.

Yep, Iā€™m interested as well, but mostly in the non-REX i3. The new big battery version should be good enough for me. Also considering the Honda Clarity which should be hitting dealers in 2 months or so.

Hi, I am also in LA(Southbay) and looking for a good deal. Could I join your group??

1 Like

Im in for the group buy - let me know.

1 Like

@peakay - Did @Alex invite you to the i3 Group Buy group? We have 6 people in the group currently and everyone seems eager to make it happen. That is roughly 300K in revenue for a dealer so we feel like we have some pull to leverage a great deal. We have a private shared spreadsheet we have all filled out listing what we are interested in. If you want in let me know and we will invite you to the group board.

1 Like

No, he did not. would definitely jump in.

Iā€™m sorry, but Iā€™m just curious: how are you planning to make all 6 or more strangers agree on acceptable lease payments for each of the 6 or more cars to make this ā€œwholesaleā€ purchase? Similar cars may have slightly different options and some ā€œmembersā€ will have to sacrifice to make the deal happen, for example. Some will qualify and some wonā€™t for certain rebates. In the end - the definition of a ā€œgreat priceā€ is in the eye of the beholder. One will jump on $400/mo on $50K car, another - will push for $250/mo just because it was a front page deal.
The may be some wisdom in that idea that I donā€™t see, of course.

1 Like

Not sure I see the issue here. We all want different models and colors but st the end of the day it all starts with a selling price that is x percent below MSRP. A dealer is more inclined to give a deeper discount on a volume deal. Same goes for the MF and perhaps even the residual value. The idea is that we will get better deals together. The monthly payments will differ on options selected so not everyone buys the same car. Each person can decide if the deal is right or not for them once all the cards are on the table.

Maybe I am missing your question but I think this answers it.

I understand that buyers from this group purchase more or less have to sacrifice to make the deal happen. But from a buyer perspective, I know that I wonā€™t be able to get such deep discount if I negotiate individually. So that, for me, justify the sacrifice that I potentially need to make.

1. How do you know that youā€™ll get ā€œsuch deep discountā€? How deep do you expect it to be? Deeper than what?
  2. Of course you can get the same deal if you go on your own, but you need to be well prepared. Granted, not everyone feel they can. Some people just dread facing a car dealer.

So Iā€™m normally with you on this however yes I can see a dealer saying yes to a bigger discount if he has 6 approved credit applications in his hand and 6 BMW i3s that have been sitting for 90 days.

Sure, Iā€™m not arguing about it. But:
a) itā€™s not a fact
b) dealer will not normally take a loss, so there is a limit on the sale price that one can reach on their own or in group, but it will be the same limit.

No harm in trying but finding 6 i3s is going to be a challenge. I can see 6 328is, 6 528is easily, but 6 i3s is going to be an endeavor in itself. Why not take a page out of this personā€™s book? Maybe you can order 6 i3 and see if you can get 10% off MSRP?

Iā€™m in for a group buy. Iā€™m ready to buy as soon as today :slight_smile: I live in LA, open for any dealer in LA or OC.

Hi Guys, Can you please help me look this quote for me. It is not matching my calculations using the calculator. Where are they marking up the price?

Here is the breakdown of my own calculation for the car:

2017 BMW i3 94 Ah w/ Range Extender
Exterior Color : Capparis White W/BMW I Frozen Blue Accent
Interior Color : DEKA GRAY/BMW I BLUE HIGHLIGHT
Parking Assistance Package

49445 MSRP

43325 SELL PRICE

7500 FEDERAL REBATE (TAXED)

0 DOWN PAYMENT
925 ACQUISITION FEE (PAID UPFRONT)

10000 MILES PER YEAR
58% RESIDUAL
36 MONTHS
.00134 MONEY FACTOR (APR 3.22%)
7 MSD
.00085 MONEY FACTOR AFTER MSD (APR 2.04%)

80 DOCUMENT FEE
400 LICENSE/REGISTRATION FEE
9% SALES TAX

253 MONTHLY PAYMENT (WITHOUT TAX)
276 MONTHLY PAYMENT (WITH TAX)

4547 DRIVE OFF

• FIRST MONTH PAYMENT OF (INCLD TAX) 276
  • TOTAL MSD PAYMENT 2100
  • DOCUMENT AND LICENSE/REGISTRATION FEES 480
  • TAX ON CAP COST REDUCTION AND FEES 765
  • ACQUISITION FEE 925

350 DISPOSITION FEE TO BE PAID ON VEHICLE RETURN