2017 BMW i3 REx lease - 36mo / 10k mi / $298mo

Their quote has 3k customer cash and their Adjusted cap cost is 38,303.85, which makes their numbers higher than your selling price - rebate = 43325-7500 = 35825.

So you need a new quote from them without 3k customer cash.

Am I glad I found you guys. Also in the market for a REx lease. Iā€™ve got a lease ending next month and happy to join the group buy. Anywhere LA or OC works for me. Add me in? TIA

@maximooz - I am in SoCal, and I was not in the group buy. I went about it by myself to make the negotiations easier. I also enjoy the car buying/leasing process.

I got 15% off of MSRP plus a corp fleet discount of $1,500. I still left $500 on the table that I could have gotten out of the dealership. The salesperson reminded my wife of my kid, and my wife said the deal was good enough :frowning: I know I could have squeeze him for another $500 discount. The deal was not offsetted by any inflated tradein, marked up MF, or F&I addons.

Hereā€™s the breakdown -

ā€¢MSRP: $49,455 ā€“ 2017 White i3 Rex with $1,000 parking assist package
ā€¢15.4 Discount off of MSRP plus $1500 Fleet Discount. Grand total of 18% off
ā€¢10,000 Miles, 30 Months
ā€¢$132.32/Month
ā€¢Down payments - $4000. Total broken down like this:
** 7 MSD = $1050 ā€“ Refundable at end of lease
** $1600 cap cost reduction (down)
** $383 Lic & Fees
** $729 Tax on Cap Reduction
** $80 Docs
** $132.32 First payment

I will be able to offset the down payment by $3,000 after I get back the $2,500 CA Rebate and my $500 BMWCCA rebate (not 100% sure if I will get the BMWCCA discount due to the fleet deal). When my lease terms in 30 months, I will get back my refundable MSDs of $1,050 back. I am hoping to net a negative $50 drive off when I am done with this deal.

PM me if you want the dealer and sales contact.

Pierre

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a solid deal. Please message me the Dealer & Sales contact.
Sorry,looks like I canā€™t PM yet.

Definitely interested as well. Was planning on buying a 2014 Rex cpo but youā€™ve got my attention. :slight_smile:

@SDMike, @Vacman. I replied to your PMs. Good Luck!

@SoloPierre thank you for the details. Solid deal ā€“ pls PM me the dealer and sales contact. Appreciate the help.

I am in the market for the exact same car as posted in the first/original post. Have all the standard terms (max MSDs to buy down money factor), $925 lease acq fee, standard residual). My price after $1500 corporate discount is currently at $46,500 on an a car with $51795 MSRP, and while this is decent it is not great, but I canā€™t seem to be able to push further. Already told the dealer that at $45K even I will put a deposit on a car and will sign asap, but no luck. This may be due to some incentives that were there before the end of the year and no longer are.

Would love to hear how much of a discount, in either $ or %, you were able to get. I donā€™t have loyalty, USAA, recent grad or any of those. A quote to show would be even betterā€¦

thanks

I believe there was some bonus cash of $1K during the holidays. That might have disappeared. Then there was monthend/Quarterend/Yearend pressure on the dealers to make numbers. That might have disappeared. I would recommend letting them sweat until monthend to see if they need to make a sale for bonus money. Are you working with multiple dealers? On tough cars to get deals on, I email 30 dealers within 3-4 states for quotes and play them against each other. For the i3, I only emailed 5 dealers for the deal. Took me 2 hrs (elapse) of email negotiations to get my numbers. Try some more dealers and let the dealer know you are looking elsewhere. They might drop down to a number you are comfortable with.

Regarding discount, I got a total of 18% off from MSRP.

1 Like

@SoloPierre thanks. 30-40 dealers in 3-4 states? wow. Isnt there some issue with the fact that colors and options are all slightly different and right now i canā€™t even find 3 cars that are roughly the same, let alone 30. There only maybe 10-15 total within 100 mile radius, and i am in Bay Area. so if they got a differently optioned car i got to start from square 1 again.

Some I emailed with my target (13% off MSRP), and they donā€™t even bother replyingā€¦

Hey guys, I spoke to my sales guy at Vista BMW (Aaron). Due to the lack of holiday cash and volume bonus from BMW in January, all of his quotes are coming up $2500 short of my deal even with the corporate fleet pricing. New Yearā€™s Eve was the time to lease for a killer deal.

Pierre

Thanks for your help Pierre. Iā€™m working on a deal and seem to have found the bottom. Not sure if itā€™s as good as it gets but far better than their initial offer. Do you know Aaronā€™s email? I left him a vm and he never called me. Iā€™m ready to do something tomorrow and I see they have a white base Rex in inventory. Let me know please. :slight_smile:

I welcome any insight on this deal.

is the group buy still on? iā€™m ready to be a part of it. please add me! thanks

Per Aaron at Vista BMW, he said he can come within $2500 of my deal in Jan. I would expect that you should be able to get $6,700 instead $5,700. This is assuming you are getting the corp fleet deal. If you are not getting the fleet deal, the numbers looks ok for Jan. Hereā€™s his work email: passarellia@autonation.com. I have his personal email. I will let him know you are seriously interested in making a deal today for a car. I might also have Aaronā€™s sales manger email. If I do, I will pass it along.

Just a FYI. sales guys and dealers are volume bonus driven. At the beginning of the month, they are not too motivated to make deals. They take time off and relax a little. Around mid month they start humping a little bit. By monthend, they are much more willing to make a better deal so they can hit their bonus targets. Not sure about the dealership you are working with but they typically structure the sales person commission by a percentage of the net profit excluding F&I addons. The sales people never gets to participate in the F&I commision. On the first 8-12 cars they sell, they might get 15% commision on each deal. When they hit the magic number like 8 or 12 cars for that month, their commision jumps to 20% for every car they sold that month. Same thing happens at the next bonus level (20 cars or so). The dealership as a whole has something similar where they have to make certain numbers and receive bonus dollars. You want to make the deal when they need extra cars sold to make their magic bonus numbers.

If you can wait, I would try finalizing the deal at monthend. Let the deal bake right now and keep in touch with the dealer. Without any trunk cash from the factory or customer incentives, you have to work their bonus level to your advantage. If you get lucky, they will need to push a couple of units at month end for a little profit, no profit, or a small loss. They will make up for it with the volume bonus.

Hope this helps.

Pierre

1 Like

Thanks very much Pierre. I am getting the fleet discount. Iā€™ll reach out to Aaron this morning and go from there. I agree waiting might net a more desperate situation for him but I would like to do something soon. Plus, January is a bummer time to lease overall I think.

Hopefully he will kick you a bird dog gift card or something. :slight_smile:

Yep. Jan is not a good month. I have to buy a 2017 Toyota 4Runner Limited for a friend this month. I donā€™t think I will have a easy time getting him a killer deal, but I will try. I might be mass emailing dealers in 3 states for this deal ;-(

pierre are you still getting the 2 years of free charge point access since you got the fleet discount?

Yes. But I believe it is limited to Evgo DC fast charge stations. Not the whole ChargePoint network. I also get 15 days of free BMW loaners per a year to offset the limited range of the Rex. Itā€™s called the mobility program. I research it and it is hit and miss. Not all dealers participate and you have to reserve like 6 days in advance.

Forgot to mention, there is a MF discount with the corp fleet deal. I think you get .0002 more off. Not sure if there are limitations when applying MSDs.

Yeah, itā€™s .00020 more.