2017 BMW i3 REx lease - 36mo / 10k mi / $298mo

Not sure I see the issue here. We all want different models and colors but st the end of the day it all starts with a selling price that is x percent below MSRP. A dealer is more inclined to give a deeper discount on a volume deal. Same goes for the MF and perhaps even the residual value. The idea is that we will get better deals together. The monthly payments will differ on options selected so not everyone buys the same car. Each person can decide if the deal is right or not for them once all the cards are on the table.

Maybe I am missing your question but I think this answers it.

I understand that buyers from this group purchase more or less have to sacrifice to make the deal happen. But from a buyer perspective, I know that I won’t be able to get such deep discount if I negotiate individually. So that, for me, justify the sacrifice that I potentially need to make.

1. How do you know that you’ll get “such deep discount”? How deep do you expect it to be? Deeper than what?
  2. Of course you can get the same deal if you go on your own, but you need to be well prepared. Granted, not everyone feel they can. Some people just dread facing a car dealer.

So I’m normally with you on this however yes I can see a dealer saying yes to a bigger discount if he has 6 approved credit applications in his hand and 6 BMW i3s that have been sitting for 90 days.

Sure, I’m not arguing about it. But:
a) it’s not a fact
b) dealer will not normally take a loss, so there is a limit on the sale price that one can reach on their own or in group, but it will be the same limit.

No harm in trying but finding 6 i3s is going to be a challenge. I can see 6 328is, 6 528is easily, but 6 i3s is going to be an endeavor in itself. Why not take a page out of this person’s book? Maybe you can order 6 i3 and see if you can get 10% off MSRP?

I’m in for a group buy. I’m ready to buy as soon as today :slight_smile: I live in LA, open for any dealer in LA or OC.

Hi Guys, Can you please help me look this quote for me. It is not matching my calculations using the calculator. Where are they marking up the price?

Here is the breakdown of my own calculation for the car:

2017 BMW i3 94 Ah w/ Range Extender
Exterior Color : Capparis White W/BMW I Frozen Blue Accent
Interior Color : DEKA GRAY/BMW I BLUE HIGHLIGHT
Parking Assistance Package

49445 MSRP

43325 SELL PRICE

7500 FEDERAL REBATE (TAXED)

0 DOWN PAYMENT
925 ACQUISITION FEE (PAID UPFRONT)

10000 MILES PER YEAR
58% RESIDUAL
36 MONTHS
.00134 MONEY FACTOR (APR 3.22%)
7 MSD
.00085 MONEY FACTOR AFTER MSD (APR 2.04%)

80 DOCUMENT FEE
400 LICENSE/REGISTRATION FEE
9% SALES TAX

253 MONTHLY PAYMENT (WITHOUT TAX)
276 MONTHLY PAYMENT (WITH TAX)

4547 DRIVE OFF

• FIRST MONTH PAYMENT OF (INCLD TAX) 276
  • TOTAL MSD PAYMENT 2100
  • DOCUMENT AND LICENSE/REGISTRATION FEES 480
  • TAX ON CAP COST REDUCTION AND FEES 765
  • ACQUISITION FEE 925

350 DISPOSITION FEE TO BE PAID ON VEHICLE RETURN

12062 TOTAL LEASE COST

Their quote has 3k customer cash and their Adjusted cap cost is 38,303.85, which makes their numbers higher than your selling price - rebate = 43325-7500 = 35825.

So you need a new quote from them without 3k customer cash.

Am I glad I found you guys. Also in the market for a REx lease. I’ve got a lease ending next month and happy to join the group buy. Anywhere LA or OC works for me. Add me in? TIA

@maximooz - I am in SoCal, and I was not in the group buy. I went about it by myself to make the negotiations easier. I also enjoy the car buying/leasing process.

I got 15% off of MSRP plus a corp fleet discount of $1,500. I still left $500 on the table that I could have gotten out of the dealership. The salesperson reminded my wife of my kid, and my wife said the deal was good enough :frowning: I know I could have squeeze him for another $500 discount. The deal was not offsetted by any inflated tradein, marked up MF, or F&I addons.

Here’s the breakdown -

•MSRP: $49,455 – 2017 White i3 Rex with $1,000 parking assist package
•15.4 Discount off of MSRP plus $1500 Fleet Discount. Grand total of 18% off
•10,000 Miles, 30 Months
•$132.32/Month
•Down payments - $4000. Total broken down like this:
** 7 MSD = $1050 – Refundable at end of lease
** $1600 cap cost reduction (down)
** $383 Lic & Fees
** $729 Tax on Cap Reduction
** $80 Docs
** $132.32 First payment

I will be able to offset the down payment by $3,000 after I get back the $2,500 CA Rebate and my $500 BMWCCA rebate (not 100% sure if I will get the BMWCCA discount due to the fleet deal). When my lease terms in 30 months, I will get back my refundable MSDs of $1,050 back. I am hoping to net a negative $50 drive off when I am done with this deal.

PM me if you want the dealer and sales contact.

Pierre

4 Likes

That’s a solid deal. Please message me the Dealer & Sales contact.
Sorry,looks like I can’t PM yet.

Definitely interested as well. Was planning on buying a 2014 Rex cpo but you’ve got my attention. :slight_smile:

@SDMike, @Vacman. I replied to your PMs. Good Luck!

@SoloPierre thank you for the details. Solid deal – pls PM me the dealer and sales contact. Appreciate the help.

I am in the market for the exact same car as posted in the first/original post. Have all the standard terms (max MSDs to buy down money factor), $925 lease acq fee, standard residual). My price after $1500 corporate discount is currently at $46,500 on an a car with $51795 MSRP, and while this is decent it is not great, but I can’t seem to be able to push further. Already told the dealer that at $45K even I will put a deposit on a car and will sign asap, but no luck. This may be due to some incentives that were there before the end of the year and no longer are.

Would love to hear how much of a discount, in either $ or %, you were able to get. I don’t have loyalty, USAA, recent grad or any of those. A quote to show would be even better…

thanks

I believe there was some bonus cash of $1K during the holidays. That might have disappeared. Then there was monthend/Quarterend/Yearend pressure on the dealers to make numbers. That might have disappeared. I would recommend letting them sweat until monthend to see if they need to make a sale for bonus money. Are you working with multiple dealers? On tough cars to get deals on, I email 30 dealers within 3-4 states for quotes and play them against each other. For the i3, I only emailed 5 dealers for the deal. Took me 2 hrs (elapse) of email negotiations to get my numbers. Try some more dealers and let the dealer know you are looking elsewhere. They might drop down to a number you are comfortable with.

Regarding discount, I got a total of 18% off from MSRP.

1 Like

@SoloPierre thanks. 30-40 dealers in 3-4 states? wow. Isnt there some issue with the fact that colors and options are all slightly different and right now i can’t even find 3 cars that are roughly the same, let alone 30. There only maybe 10-15 total within 100 mile radius, and i am in Bay Area. so if they got a differently optioned car i got to start from square 1 again.

Some I emailed with my target (13% off MSRP), and they don’t even bother replying…

Hey guys, I spoke to my sales guy at Vista BMW (Aaron). Due to the lack of holiday cash and volume bonus from BMW in January, all of his quotes are coming up $2500 short of my deal even with the corporate fleet pricing. New Year’s Eve was the time to lease for a killer deal.

Pierre

Thanks for your help Pierre. I’m working on a deal and seem to have found the bottom. Not sure if it’s as good as it gets but far better than their initial offer. Do you know Aaron’s email? I left him a vm and he never called me. I’m ready to do something tomorrow and I see they have a white base Rex in inventory. Let me know please. :slight_smile:

I welcome any insight on this deal.