2017 BMW 330i Wagon - $216+tax

Are you referring to having to lease through “Owner’s Choice” in your state @Siejammy? Georgia has a similar situation. There are perks - you technically own the vehicle so you can trade it in whenever you want, if you chose to purchase after your lease you have already paid the taxes so you won’t be double taxed, and of course if the residual bombs at the end of your lease then you can walk away. :slightly_smiling_face:

I never quite understood why states tax on full price during a lease.

As mentioned, if the residual bombs at the end of your lease, you can simply walk away. But the taxes for the full amount were paid for through a short term lease versus in CA, for example in my case, we can still walk away from the lease with the same scenario, minus paying taxes on the full amount.

No choice in TX. For all leases, must pay sales tax on full sales price of car. Fortunately, you don’t get taxed again if buying at end of lease. But not good if you plan to walk away - just jacks up the effective monthly payment.

@daveydave424 Georgia is going back and forth with it. Consider the percentage of consumers who actually buy out their lease - quite a benefit to the state.

Sorry or maybe not sorry? :slight_smile:

Looks like 82 people clicked on the link since I posted it, so I’m sure some traffic went crazy! We do have a lot of lurkers here.

Great price on the car, I kind of prefer the dark grey over white. Wish it was available when I was looking!

Out of curiosity, what was the MSRP?

For those hunting for wagons. Bookmark this search, and keep an eye on it.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=forSaleTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c26131&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c26131&zip=63303&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true&sortType=undefined&sortDirection=undefined

Note the red wagon and the super cheap silver wagon in CO are not leasable loaners. The silver wagon actually is, but the real mileage is 7,xxx.

The one at Century doesn’t have the rebates applied, but they were quoting a MF of 0.00242 claiming won’t do anything less. So that’s about $100 a month extra in interest. Maybe they’ll reconsider when they have 10 people calling them about it.

Otherwise I just kept that search bookmarked, and had email alerts for any new wagons put on the market listed at under $42k, or anything that got a price reduction.

With a bunch of calls, I think that would reinforce their decision for the marked-up MF. More demand = seller’s market. Also, I thought max MF mark-up allowed was .0004, so MF of .00192 with Tier 1 credit?

Edit: They can get to .00242 for Tier 1 if they mark-up the MF to the max (.0004) AND add the .0005 mark-up in lieu of the acq fee.

Might have been what they were doing. This was the quote I was given. If that was the case then they didn’t articulate that very clearly.

This price is when it was listed for $40,991

Not sorry would be correct haha…you nailed it - $53,850 orig. MSRP! Equates to 25.95% off of that wagon.

I’m trying to understand how to better read these worksheets.

Based on the worksheet attached, is the $3000 rebate applied towards the Amount Due At Start, which is $3000? And the $403.46/mo includes tax, so this is a sign and drive?

Correct.

MSRP - mileage deduction = MSRP on the sheet
Sale Price = $40,991 (as shown on the sheet)
MF of 0.00242 (which is better than 0.00192 with the accq fee taken away)
Under taxed incentives it’s the $3000 lease credit minus the $375 doc fee
Then get pretty close to the proposed sheet.

I had offered them a sale price of $38,500 and correcting the MF and I would have put down a deposit. They wouldn’t take it. Nice sales guy though, so won’t fault him. Was so new to the dealer they didn’t even have pics online of it yet, he had to text me some.

1 Like

Man this has blown up. I’ll come clean and admit I’m the lurker who picked this up. Just had someone assume my E300 and was driving back from FL in a rental when I saw this deal get posted. I was in the market and the rest is history. Meant to get back to you @MConte05 to thank you for posting that find. Those still looking might want to check this out:

4 Likes

Well now you gotta come extra clean, what were the details of the deal! :wink:

24/12k - $255 with tax but I paid $1200 at signing for taxes, etc.

Bottom line is you beat me, but I was in a rush. :grin:

Prob is I like the car so much I can already tell I’m gonna have a hard time giving it up in 24m.

2 Likes

What a deal! Enjoy man, great car.

a few more of these and @MConte05 will be the Oprah of Long Roofs

4 Likes

I can recommend this as well now.

http://www.burgertuning.com/B48_B58_f_series_jb_quick_install_tuner.html

Gives the car that extra bit of fun. Also did the exhaust flap mod, where you unplug the exhaust flap solenoid after it’s opened (such as a few seconds after a cold start) so that you can have a bit of a rumble at all times.

Best thing is that at the end of the lease you take it off and sell it for 75% what you paid and it’ll be gone. Did the same thing with my Mini

Killer deal! I personally love the wagons and for that price - it’s a no-brainer! Enjoy man!

I’ve contemplated this for my 320i. The thing that’s stopping me is the fear the mechanics will notice it when doing maintenance, and flag the car for any potential warranty claims.

It’s so simple to install and uninstall, just remove it for the one oil change you’ll need to take it to the dealer for. Took me longer to figure out how to open the hood then to install.

Note, need to pull on the hood lever twice. :slight_smile: