2017 Alfa Giulia

Agreed. Current numbers are ok but not great.

Weā€™ve been on staggered vacations so I havenā€™t seen him and donā€™t want to pester him. I might see him tomorrow or Monday and will ask then.

Just an additional data point from my lease requests:

Giulia RWD Base

MSRP 39k; Sale Price: 35k
Including FCA Affiliates (1% of invoice) + 1750 conquest cash, and all fees and taxes: $497
Drive off: 1st month payment
Lease: 36 months 10k miles/yr

That seems really high

The base seats are really below par, and you will notice if you are in it longer than a short test drive. If you get the Ti with either the Sport Package or the Lusso Package, you get better seats. Both the Sport Seats and the Luxury Seats are good and one or the other are a must have upgrade IMHO. So, these promotions for cars with $39k MSRP are not very helpful. These cars need options added that get them in the $45k to $51k range before I would consider them.

The interior also could use some dressing up too. Iā€™d want the leather dash as well. So, that means either a Ti Lusso or a Ti Sport with $1,000 Leather Package. So, Iā€™d be looking at 49k MSRP at a minimum.

1 Like

What was the monthly payment number? 497?

Here is the deal I am getting on Northern Cal.
Ti RWD
24/10K
MSRP $41940
Selling Price: $40940
Residual: 62% @ $26,002.80
MF 0.00053
Incentives: $3500

Down Payment: $980.67 (DMV + 1st Payment)
Total Monthly: $603.67 including tax

The issue is that if I figure out the Residual for the nationwide deal for the Ti which is $319 pm with 3299 down for the 40990 MSRP, and use the same MF, I get a Residual of 65%. Comments ?

You could get a lot more car for $600/month. Itā€™s a bad deal, but if thatā€™s what you want to drive, enjoy it.

Thanks. Iā€™m not wedded to the car, but looks like the MF is fine 1.26% so the cumulative interest is $818. The kicker is the poor RV I think. Comments ?

Dealer canā€™t change/modify RV, so I would assume it is correct.

Ya, I think they set the residual artificially low for the first year on this model. BMW did the same thing for the M2 I was looking at earlier in the year. It made a lot more sense to buy the M2 than to lease one. That may be the case here too unless they offer more incentives.

1 Like

Dearā€¦,

I know your time is valuable so Iā€™ll just take a minute. My name is and I am the General Manager at . Thank you for your interest in our store. I want to offer you my personal attention to make your goal a reality.

Due to our commitment to increase sales this month, we are extremely motivated to make you an offer that under normal circumstances would not be considered.

Please call me at XXX. I will personally work with you on your inquiry.

General Manager

The issue with buying it is if I know I will keep it only for 2-3 years then I pay the full sales tax and that is easily $3K extra.

Ursus, I did not get any such mail from the General Manager :slight_smile:

$603 per month! For a Ti without either the Sport Package or the Lusso Package?! If you are not going to get one of the two major packages, there is no point in getting a Ti. And for about $100 per month more, you could get a Maserati with a MSRP of 2 Giulias. Just sayingā€™ā€¦

1 Like

I took a test drive there. But that standard BS ā€œDue to our commitment to increase sales this monthā€¦ā€ I did send him a nice email however, because I want to keep all lines of communication open.

What was their offer and where is the dealership?

DC area. Didnā€™t discuss any numbers. The only way I would get out of my current lease - $350/mo all in w/first month due & including about $2K in negative equity on a mid-high 40ā€™s car.

I was quoted 0.00085 as the mf for 24 months. Do dealers negotiate mf? Anyway to ask to use a different company for financing?
If I can get mf to around 0.00055, I am happy with other numbers.

You can negotiate the MF if itā€™s marked up. If itā€™s already at the buy rate, they cannot lower it. If they find another bank that does have your desired MF, the incentives and RV might differ as well.

I saw advertized 24 month lease through Ally.