2017 Alfa Giulia

I literally can tell when the Merc pulls timing because of being at the wrong spot RPM wise, and not enough fuel is going in fast enough to go all out boost. So my butt dyno is pretty good.
That being said, I am now almost convinced it had the wrong fuel in it. I will definitely go for another test drive at a different dealer.
And yes, the 340 is on my list of to do’s.
I’ve had a couple WRX’s and this should have felt similar minus the lag due to the twin scroll.
I will keep posting if I get another great quote.

What updates, dude? Did you expect him to crawl back to me begging to take it of his hands for $350/mo and eat $2k negative equity? :joy:

1 Like

Heritage AR in Reisterstown is much more competitive. My son in law just leased TI from them and the deal was over $100 better than the one he was quoted from Annapolis AR

It was just an example. Not every dealer advertises their “sale price”, some just list MSRP

Do you have the details of his deal? That dealer is pretty close to me.

The deal wasn’t great but he still went for it: he just loved the car especially compared to his current expiring lease for infiniti Q50 which he passionately hates. He got 36/15 for $680 for a fully loaded $53,500 TI

I mean as long as he loves the car and can afford it, great for him but this seems like a horrible deal…

2 Likes

$680 included all fees including $2700 md tax. And he was able to get a 8200 discount off msrp. I agree it’s a lot but his alternative choice of bmw was really horrible.

Wow. What was he paying for the q50?

$500 all in. It was leased in 2014. 36/15. Returning it on tomorrow. Previous G37 he paid $415

I really like the Giulia, but it’s aspirational pricing is keeping most like me away. Good on your friend for picking one up and enjoying it, but it’s silly pricing won’t attract more of a mass audience unless/until FCA changes their lease pricing ways.

LMAO you’ll be able to get Alfa Qudrifoglio for $680 by the end of the year.

I’ll do burn-out circles around him in December :slight_smile:

1 Like

We shall see but I doubt

I got a $75k M3 for $640 a month with $0 down so if I have to guess $680 is definitely doable…

2 Likes

around what time of the year through? Because BMW hasn’t had high RV’s in a while…I remember around December 2015 a lot of people on m3 post were getting the m3’s for that price

Back to topic, I would LOVE the Alpa Quad for $700 a month if they would offer incentives.

Yup that was back in August 2015. Given how the giulia is doing, I am sure they are going to either discount off the MSRP heavily or inflate the RV to help lower the lease payment. Just jump on it when the timing is right.

“Alfa Romeo won’t use incentives as brand puts panache over sales”

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170623/RETAIL01/170629877/alfa-romeo-wont-use-incentives-as-brand-puts-panache-over-sales

Guess we’ll see how long they stomach using that approach.

Looks like Alfa is finally changing its tune. New $299 lease deals for 24 months:

Not really. A “modest” $3,299 down gets that $299 figure on stock $38K model for 24 months. The article is confusing, they make a headline like that and then caveat the ‘great deal’ only two paragraphs down by saying

“When you divide the down payment by the number of months in the lease, the Alfa’s 24-month lease becomes relatively more expensive than competing luxury vehicles…”

Roll the cap cost reduction into the monthly and we are once again back to terrible looking figures.

Same deal as last month.