2017 Alfa Giulia

I sympathize and agree with you about civil treatment. Worst treatment I ever got when I was trying to test drive a Hyundai Genesis. The salesman thought I couldn’t afford it and refused to let me even test drive.

Now that my Cadillac and BMW leases are coming up, I’m seriously interested in the Giulia. I just had a wonderful experience at a dealer in Houston. I ended up going on an hour long test drive with a very affable salesman; we even got lost and had to use Waze to get us back. I think I only truly scared him once! The tail will definitely slide in dynamic mode.

Anyhow, the sales manager offered 580/mo sign and drive, which of course is way too expensive for 36/10. But as I’ve got 2 months left, I didn’t push it. They’re offering $5k off on a $49k TI, but the residual was only 51% through ally.

But in two months, I expect the deals to improve.

what do you like in the Ti that the base model lacks?

I’m guessing just the seats or maybe the 19 inch rims?

the base giulia with 44k msrp has good deals right now on 24 month lease

For me; yea the seats. The sport seats are insanely comfortable and actually look good. The base seats look terrible IMO, you’d be sliding around with any hint of aggressive driving.

Also can’t get the performance pack with the adaptive suspension on the base trim.

My goal is August… hopefully there may be deals then…

Been working with a dealer today, he won’t move off $540 sign and drive (6% tax inc) without me coming in. 44k base model

So the owner of the dealer followed up with me. Apologized a lot, couldn’t believe that an employee of his would be that disrespectful. Definitely a passionate guy that wants his dealer to be the best, could tell it wasn’t just a “oh well” kinda thing.

So hopefully will go and take a much more extended test drive sometime in the next few weeks. I still really wanna love this car!

That’s encouraging, did you send an email or did they happen to find your post? I had a similar experience with a test drive, the guy refused to let me even back the car out of the lot, he had to do it and he drove me 5 minutes away before he would let me take the wheel. From there he took me on legit, a 3 minute round the block drive, it was ridiculous. The dealer I visited also did Maserati so maybe these sales guys are used to selling to dopes with more money than sense but they will need to get used to selling $35K cars to regular buyers looking for a good deal. My sales guy refused to even reference the model as a ‘base’, he corrected me and said its Giulia…lol

Inbox me maybe I can beat it?

Responded to a google maps review I posted within the hour with his phone number to call him on. Looking at the sales guys linked in, seems he bounces around from dealer to dealer every 3-4 months, so probably nothing new for that guy.

Hi everyone. I’ve been in the market for my old 3 series replacement and actually put down a deposit on a tesla model 3 over a year ago. I was one of the first to put a deposit within 24 hrs accepting them.

Anyway. looking into the giulia ti. Here’s a shot of my quote after the second time I visited them.

First one is with $4000 down, second one is zero down.

I’m new to leasing so pardon the ignorance, but not only did I ask them to apply a 3.92% discount off the msrp, but I also asked them to subtract the $2750 conquest and $1000 Giulia bonus cash. They said they did but weren’t they suppose to subtract the $3750 off the msrp, thus bringing down the cap cost to $40869? Instead the cap cost shown is $44619 only factoring the 3.92% discount.

Comments on this issue? Overall advice?

Here’s the exact car http://alfaromeo.niello.com/details?info=New_2017_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_TI&stock=A1039&id=95701

Thanks!

heres the Zero down shot

Tell them you want 10% off MSRP + $3,750 rebates. Looks like 10% off is a going rate, but they may already include some rebates in it.

Hi Ursus,

Thanks for the info. Is 10% realistic? I did a search on truecar.com and they were suggesting 3.92% off MSRP is the average people are getting off in the Northern California area (sacramento)

I see few dealers advertise at around 10% off, but like I said - they may tell you that it includes all rebates

I see a similar one (45k) on Honcker for $472 (with tax) a month for $1800 drive off (includes dmv, taxes and 1st month for 12k and 24 months. The $700 seems a bit high.

Hey dude!

What was the deal with that GM? Any updates?

Whats the best way to figure out if a MF is marked up for these cars? It seems like Edmunds forums does not have numbers for this car.

Also, does anybody think its probable to get a good deal on these cars assuming you qualify for the conquest deal?

Hi there,
I am new here, but have some info that can help the community (I hope).
I test drove a Q4 Ti with Sports package and pretty much everything at 50,500 MSRP
First offer I got was $499/month with 2k down for 12k miles a year for 39 months.
I did not go into a back and forth because I did not have time, and my current lease has more than a couple of months left. Still, the car is great, but coming off my 2015 C300, it felt slow. Don’t get me wrong, I am harping on this point only because everything else in this car is done just right.
The w205 C300 is rated at 241hp and around 270 ft/lb torque, so the Ti should have felt like a major butt dyno difference when pressed. I made sure I am in Dynamic, and at one point went manual to try to push it.
MB claims 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, and more than a whole second less in acceleration is HUGE…and still it was not felt.
For now I will chalk it up to a new engine that still needs to “open up”, and maybe…just maybe, someone thought 87 is good enough at the pump for a high pressure Turbo engine.

Yeah I’m not sure how the car felt slow, especially coming from a c300.

Maybe test it again?

Or try a bmw 340i maybe your body can’t tell the difference between faster accelerations.

So much turbo lag on the 340i when I drove it. The only cars in BMWs line-up that have virtually eliminated turbo lag are the M cars.