2017 Alfa Giulia

Noticed another problem in that article.

They claim Alfa has the better residual since it’s 50%. While BMW is 38%.

I think they got their figures completely backwards. BMW is currently leasing at 62% for 36 month, while Alfa is in the low 50’s.

Got the July numbers, and updated my spreadsheet accordingly:

Pretty much zero percent interest on the popular trims to offset the terrible residuals.

1 Like

No Giulia AWD lease numbers for 24 months? Does that mean that 24 month leases aren’t offered? Thx.

They have 24 month, 36 month, and 39 month

First post here. Great community

I’m potentially interested in the Giulia. I know the residuals are pretty horrible but with incentives I may have found a way to put together a decent deal.

It looks like this month there are the following incentives/rebates:
$2750 Conquest
$750 conquest for current BMW, Lexus, mb, Acura, Audi owners
$1000 lease cash (listed on the Alfa website)
$500 cash back (listed on dealer’s alfa-portal website)

Are all of these stackable?
If so an approximately 1% may be possible:

Details:
Base Giulia AWD
Sport appearance and sport interior package
MSRP: $42840
Edmunds TMV: $40399 (does not include any rebates/incentives)
36/10
Residual: 51%
MF: .0004
Monthly Pretax: $392
Down Payment:$0
Drive off: First + all fees

Leasehackr score: 9.1 years

The $500 cash back must be new, so it looks like the rebates are up to $5k now then. I bet you could push for a better dealer discount than just $2,400, I have seen others getting in the $4k range before rebates but it will depend on whats out there. Let us know how it goes if you start hacking it?

After doing some more sleuthing on various dealer websites it looks like the incentives that are available are all over the map depending on where you are looking. the $2750 conquest cash back and the $1000 lease bonus cash look to be national.

However, the premium brand conquest cash seems to vary by location $250 on Pittsburgh dealer website $750 in morristown NJ, $500 cash back on Summerville NJ.

Honestly it’s hard to make heads or tails of it all. I’m assuming they are targeting specific markets differently.

I haven’t seen it mentioned, but I was digging around the USAA site, and it looks like USAA has a $1,000 incentive on the Giulia. It’s hidden, because it’s under the Chrysler logo, but it’s there, and these are on top of any other incentives that are in place. Only exception is, of course, the Quadrifoglio.

This combined with Conquest and Lease cash, plus dealer cash, means a total incentive of $5250, and perhaps local incentives as well of up to $750. Now with the July MF and RVs, especially for 24 mos, being pretty good, I wonder if this is finally becoming hackable?

I might give it a shot this week :slight_smile:

does the usaa offer require you to take out the loan from USAA to get the $1000? will the dealers let you do that plus stack the other incentives?

1. No need to use USAA for financing, since I assume you’ll be leasing anyway.
  2. Fully stackable with all other incentives

Just need to be a USAA member.

Is it easy to become a USAA member if you’re not related to the military?

not possible. Only for family connections. In fact, you have to be either a sibling or a child of an existing USAA member if you’re not yourself part of the military. No exceptions from what I understand.

Using the available discounts I received this offer, how is it?

“$239 lease MSRP(42840), 4000 down with first months payment. If you go 12k miles it’s about 20 dollars more”

Get that in writing … and signed

For the base Giulia there are deals like this. $420 sign and drive for 42-44k car. The TI is an expensive SOB. And they have really nice luxury or sports seats.

It’s a shame

If a dealer says 4000 down and 1500 drive off does that mean I pay a total of 5500 upfront?

yes … 4k is the downpayment - $1500 is the due at signing or inceptions.

Had a client tell me Alfa stands for Awful leasing for America lol

Followup by Romeo

Remember our mechanics office email

lmao

Putting $4k down on a lease is a very bad move. You are not saving yourself any money. That low payment is illusory. Especially with alfa interest rates under 1%. You are just pre-paying some of the lease payment. In reality that payment is $350/month. Also if that car get’s stolen or totaled you will not see a dime of the money back. You should always strive for $0 down (not counting drive off such as lease acquisition fees, first month, DMV fees etc.).
Why not just put $0 down and pay $350 month for 36 months instead of $239 and $4000 upfront? Why take the risk with your cash? Put it towards more worthy investments.

1 Like

What you really need to have the lease evaluated here are the following basic terms:
MSRP
Sales price
Money Factor
Lease Length
Milage allowance
Dealer fees (doc fees etc.)

I would also encourage you to play with the lease calculator to see exactly how they are arriving at that number. I’m willing to be that it’s not such a great deal for you.

1 Like