2016 Focus Electric Lease $119/month, 0 drive-off. Good deal?

Could you give me a breakdown of these incentives? I want to check if I qualify for all of them. How did you get the negative down payment?

Thank you!

That was just putting the drive-offs there to make it 0. I know thereā€™s the college grad incentive and military incentive, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more.
My 15500 included 500 of the grad incentive, the rest is the 15000 red carpet lease incentive, which is available for everyone

Yeah itā€™s weird. No discounts at allā€¦ on 2016 vehicles.

awesome you did great, do you mind sending me dealer info?

through PM or here is fineā€¦

want to see if I can replicate in los angeles dealerā€¦

thanks!

I got the last one that the dealer had. Try Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood, I helped someone here got one there.

@zwz002 congrats on an amazing deal!

Can you please post your list worksheet? Also, doesnā€™t ford has a $395 disposition fee? It defaults to 0 on the lease calculator and I canā€™t change it.

Do u mean the lease worksheet? not quite sure what was being asked, sorryā€¦

yes, sorry. I meant the lease worksheet with all the numbers. Also, does your contract say anything about disposition fee (payable when you return the car)? Thanks.

Oh, one more thing, how do they verify the grad discount? My wife has a student ID, but she hasnā€™t been in school for a few years now, although she is currently working there.

Hereā€™s the work sheet:

Amount due at signing: $15500
Monthly payments: $119.22
Total of your monthly payments: $4292
Cap cost reduction: $13906
Security deposit: N/A
Title fees: $91
Registration Fees: $182
Tire fee: $8.75
Taxes: $1084
Acquisition fee: $645
Document fee: $80
EV Transfer charge: $29

About the grad discount, you can get the checklist on https://www.forddrivesu.com/
We brought in her most recent unofficial transcript. Donā€™t mention about the rebate until you walk in the dealership, that way you make sure you get the $500 on top of what you have negotiated.

Thanks for the quick response!

Any mention of disposition fee in the contract?

Nope, there wasnā€™t. The only fee listed thatā€™s payable at the end of the lease is if I choose to buy the car, which is $500.

Well, hereā€™s the worksheet that Iā€™ve gotten regarding a Focus EV lease with an MSRP of $31,040. What Iā€™m confused about is that this car has the same MSRP as the Serramonte deal shown above, and while this dealer doesnā€™t seem to discounting the car as much, I end up with lower monthly payments. This is my first lease, so Iā€™m still learning the ins and outs, and Iā€™d ideally like to find a way to get the monthly down another few dollars per month. Any thoughts? Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because the $15k in lease cash is applied over at the initial payment section rather than it being a straight capital reduction. Iā€™m also not sure what the $7.26 monthly lease charge is; is that the money factor/financing rate? It would seem high if thatā€™s the case, but Iā€™m also pretty sure itā€™s not the acquisition fee.

Iā€™m not including the dealerā€™s name right now as I havenā€™t asked if they want this deal published/I havenā€™t secured it yet, but if everything aligns, Iā€™ll definitely send contact information.

Anywayā€¦any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™m able to reply to my own question. Was miscalculating the finance charge, and the $7.26 is correct. What Iā€™m still not understanding is how this dealership could be discounting the car less than Serramonte (who shows a price of $26,800 versus the $27,125 shown here), and yet I end up with lower monthly payments.

Do you think it would be reasonable to ask for another ~$150 off the gross capital cost, or should I just be thankful that the monthly payment is as low as it is?

It doesnā€™t hurt to ask, but donā€™t expect much. Can you PM me the offer to price match another dealer or contact info for your dealer once you are done?

Wow, looks like a spankinā€™ deal! I guess one way you have lower monthly payments but a higher capital cost than Serramonte is that somehow Serramonte had higher dealer fees rolled into the monthly payment amount. An extra ~$360 dollars in dealers fees added to your deal and youā€™d be on par with Serramonte deal, right? Iā€™m new to this, so thatā€™s just my guess. Also, do let me know the dealer info if you go through with it, Iā€™d be interested in that deal as well!

Did you check the RV % for the discount difference ā€¦ hard to follow since the sheets are different. If you really want to find out, line up the deals side by side and it will probably be easy to spot

$150 more off is only $4.20/mo so if you want to go through another round of emails for that ā€¦

The difference in your deal and the Serramonte deal posted above is the fact that your Gross Cap Cost includes the $645 acquisition charge while the Serramonte deal is just the selling price. For my deal, the selling price was $26440 and the Gross Cap Cost is $27085. The residuals are the same at 31%, MFs are probably the same as well. Regardless, your deal and the Serramonte deal are close enough, but if the dealer is willing to go lower on the selling price, thatā€™s extra savings for you, so why not give it a try?

Having a hard time replicating this in Northern CA. All dealers are either sold out or not offering this price.

well nobody is going to ā€œofferā€ you a price. Go to the dealer website, find the car your want that is in stock, build the lease numbers yourself and present it to the dealer to see if they can do it.

Wow, that looks amazing. $0 drive-off and 35 subsequent payments of $131.23. After $2,500 CVRP rebate, that amounts to $58/month.

I pay four times that on my 2014 Focus Electricā€¦ four more months left on the lease.