2016 Focus Electric Lease $119/month, 0 drive-off. Good deal?

Nah, got lucky cause wife is in grad school. I put her name on the lease as well and we qualified for the 500.

I see. So you ended up finding a dealership in So Cal that ended up matching their offer, and then you were able to get an extra $500 for grad rebate on top of it? I was trying the same thing as you – find dealerships in socal to match but none were having it or even trying to get close to matching.

I didn’t. None of the dealers were willing to match that $129 deal but somehow one of the dealers gave me a deal that was close enough. $155-ish before I applied the extra $500. I matched it at another dealer where they didn’t have leather, so I asked them to shave off the difference in MSRP. That’s how I got to where I am now. I did bargain hard, lol…

1 Like

Good deal! Also good job of making sure not to settle until you got the price you wanted. Your patience paid off!

Thanks! Serramonte offered $750 one way shipping fees and that was the deal breaker for me, lol… factoring in the cost to drive or fly up north and getting the car back, and returning it in three years, I thought I was better off finding something around LA. It is my first lease, and I didn’t have any pressure to secure it by a certain date, so I had nothing to lose.

I had them agree to shipping me the paperwork and I’ll sign it, and send the paperwork back. I’m going to book my own car transport company for ~$300. Like you mentioned, though, I will have some issues at the end of the lease. I’ll have to figure that out 3 years from now! On that note - I find it curious that they have no method of getting all the paperwork completed online, considering that they have that express car buying option on their website.

Yea, and they told me I had to go in to sign, which is even more troublesome. Plus, if I didn’t want to ship the car, doing a road trip in the FFE isn’t all that fun either, lol…

Saw the pricing yesterday for the Ioniq, $30k. It should stir up the market a little bit.

Isn’t Hyundai promising the range will increase to 200+ next year?

Yeah, but if they do like BMW did this year with the i3, they’ll offer the leftover lower range cars as an entry-level model to sell off all their extra lower-capacity batteries and offer the increased range model at a slight premium.

Yea, that makes sense during this transition process. But these low residuals just tell you how these low-range EVs would be so out of demand in a couple of years…

I guess it depends… BMW’s residuals are artificially inflated on their EVs. 8-10% off MSRP minus 15% off as lease cash (due to Federal tax credit) and an RV of 60%-ish for 3/36 means you’re only looking at a spread of around 15% you’re paying for the lease. Spread was even smaller (half) when the 2017’s were coming out and they were clearing out their 2016s with lower range.

Here are the serramonte ford lease numbers that I came up with for my tax rate:

ZW, you slayed the dragon on that deal. Seriously, you have a car that’s cheaper than most cab rides to the airport.

I would have thought that VW would be giving their e-golf’s away by now, but they’re holding firm on pricing… sort of.

How come the rebate is only 14k?

@zwz002 I tried it with $15k but couldn’t get the numbers to work out. Maybe it’s possible I could have actually gotten it even lower? I’m happy anyway - the acquisition fee is included in the monthly as well, so no need to pay it when I return. This is what it looked like directly from serramonte:

Yea, our total cost is about $1000 apart, though you’d have to factor in your shipping costs too.

The VW low mileage lease deals didn’t really interest me, plus I wouldn’t have qualified for all the targeted incentives. But I would probably argue the e-Golf is a better car than the FFE.

If the numbers below are right for yours, I sure hope your focus doesn’t last you more than 1049.9 years :smile:

Lmao, I certainly hope not. Here are my numbers. I guess it’ll last a negative 828.4 years, lol…