2016 Focus Electric Lease $119/month, 0 drive-off. Good deal?

There was a similar deal last year, about $4k total for three years for a 2015 Focus electric.
I’m sorry the 2014 was much more expensive. Do you plan on leasing another one when ur lease is up?

@chrisgo When you consider that the effective monthly payment for me on this would be ~$44/mo after all applicable rebates, another $4 off is 10%…while I get it’s only $4, from a percentage perspective, it is still relatively significant (especially when this is going to be a third car for me, so this a purely superfluous purchase)

@zwz002 Thanks for sorting that out. It was really bugging me…

@michael Since you’ve had the Focus EV for a few years I do have a question. What kind of range do you realistically get while driving on the freeway? I’ve seen wildly different numbers (from 50 to 85 miles). Obviously temperatures, wind, elevation change, speed, etc. all influence it, but assuming just normal driving (~65mph), no major climate issues, etc., what can I expect? The thing that’s making me hesitant is my parents live 81 miles away from me, with about 15-20 of those miles being off the freeway. Any thoughts on whether I’d make it?

There are lots of charging stations along the way, and I know I wouldn’t have to stop for long, but obviously not having to stop at all would be ideal.

@dodly I’ve emailed the dealer to ask if I can share the details with others. If I get the go ahead, I’ll PM you.

1 Like

I’ve done 193 miles so far since I got the car with a full charge from the dealer and did all those miles with one additional charge. So I would say it’s certainly feasible, but you just have to get used to driving the car in an efficient way.
Btw, how are you getting $44 with the $2.5k rebate?

I would say 70 miles at 65 mph is doable, but it’s really nerve-wracking to pull to your destination with 0 miles of range.

I have a feel for the car, so its range can be whatever I want it to be (50 miles to 90 miles), depending on how I drive. I’m less patient now, so I borrow another car, like an i3 REx, if I need to make a long trip.

Keep in mind 2012-2016 Focus Electric doesn’t have DC fast charging; it charges at 25 mph on Level 2 stations. So if you have to drive 81 miles, you’d want to charge midway for at least an hour to be safe.

Also, I’m starting to see some degradation at 30,000 miles, about 10%. Just something to keep in mind. The car is great for the daily commute, when range is not a worry.

@zwz002 If you’re a PG&E customer with electrical service, you can get another $500 rebate…

https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page

Ah, got it. Wish the so-cal utilities are doing that too…

That’s what I did. Dealer firmly said they sold the last lot at $189 sign and drive and that’s what I’ll have to pay.

Time to walk away then :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much. Emailing dealers further 60 miles away too now. Hoping one will bite. May take the better part of a day to bring the car back with charging though :frowning:

I looked at dealers 300 miles away from me when I was working on my deal, haha

I have chased this thing pretty hard in NoCal today with no luck.

Best i have gotten is $130+tax with 2500 down for the Base 31045 MSRP

Still a decent deal but not enough to make me pull the trigger when we really dont need the car for 6 months

I think that’s still pretty high given the money down… you’ve got plenty of time, but keep in mind the 2016s are going pretty fast.

hi all, this forum has been kind to me and i’d like to give back. i’m in norcal and closed on a deal last week, basically the serramonte deal but with another dealership (no leather though, so the price is technically a little higher). it was their last one but the dealers in this area arent budging in general - they are all pushing $189/mth payments and up.

i think something with leather can be had for $159 - if anyone in the area is looking, try marin county ford - i didn’t buy from them but some of their quote seemed reasonable; i just managed to find something closer in the east bay area. last week they had a black one with no leather in stock as well. good luck.

What were your numbers? We are like the only ones here that got the non leather version, haha

Waiting for a written quote but I have the following

$999 down and $119 + tax for a $41635 focus with leather and the pearl white. Both options my wife wants.

Goals is $155 OTD with tax with $0 down. It should be pretty close if they don’t play any games. Its an advertised special so I should be good

I was confused by the examples previously in the thread who were showing the down payment as negative to get to the Serramonte lease numbers. So I’m not positive how much the additional MSRP is going to bump my numbers going to $0 down.

Considering the $2500 back end rebate and the free charging from my municipality(SMUD) this is a no brainer for my wife to get HOV privileges in a car she will like for her commute.

One final note is if you live in the Central Valley of California there is an additional $3000 rebate on top of the $2500 California rebate that can apply through the http://www.valleyair.org/grants/driveclean.htm

Assuming this goes only question now is best deal on a 240 Charger as the 240 0utlet is i nthe garage ready to go.

I assume you meant “$31635” MSRP? LOL

The negative down is just to roll the drive offs into the lease payments. The calculator doesn’t support that yet, so that was the way around it

We just bought the car

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Deal was $0 Due at signing - $122+ Tax totalling $132 for a $31050 Sticker with Leather

Big thanks to tenstringer009 who pointed me in the right direction.

With the $2500 rebate and free power for 2 years from my power company this will definitely go down as the best deal I will ever get.

Only thing now is to take the car back to get it detailed as it had water spots that need buffed out which they couldn’t do on the weekend.

Glad you were able to get a deal that worked for you…enjoy

Hi, I am a little late to the party. Interested in getting the car at a great deal. Can you share the details on what you got?

Mattnday, can you share your details as well?

TIA