2016 Focus Electric Lease $119/month, 0 drive-off. Good deal?

Update 2: Managed to get another $500 with college incentive. Final payment with tax is $119/month with 0 drive-offs. Total Lease Cost over three years is $4250.

Update: so there was a non-leather version that had a MSRP of 30480. Negotiated the selling price to 26440. With tax the new monthly is at $136/month with 0 drive-offs. If I separated the taxes and fees from the payments, my payment is around $86 with sales tax.

MSRP: $30480
Dealer Discount: $4040 (13% discount)
Selling Price: $26440
Rebates: $15000
Trade-in: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10500
MF: .000311 or .75%
Residual: 31%
Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $0
Estimated Monthly Payment: $136

Hi guys,

I missed the better deal on the 2015 FFE last March, so I’ve been waiting for the deals to resurface this year. I’ve been asking around dealers for about two weeks now, and this is so far the best price I’ve got. Would love to hear your thoughts.

MSRP: $31040
Selling Price: $27000
Rebates: $15000
Trade-in: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10500
MF: .000311 or .75%
Residual: 31%
Security Deposit: $0
Tax: 1169.10
Doc Fee: 80
Non Tax Fees: 315.75
Total Due At Signing: $0
Estimated Monthly Payment: $155

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were letting these go for next to nothing, the 2016 only had 76 mile (official) range. Realistically its probably more like 60-something.

Serramonte Ford has the FEE at $129/month and $0 down.

I did try to use their offer to match with all the dealers here in SoCal, but none would. Factoring in the trip up north and back, I decided against it.

Hyundai Ioniq Electric is supposed to be coming out in the next two weeks. It will put pricing pressure on a lot of the other EVs in this price range. I’m expecting some bigger lease deals to come out then.

Over 30k for a car that only goes 124 miles on a charge? Are they nuts?

Well… the Ford Focus Electric, Nissan LEAF, and Fiat 500e are all at that price range too and they have lower range – I’m betting incentives will start getting thrown around. Plus don’t forget all the California people that lease BMW i3 BEVs with 43-48k MSRP with the exact same range.

Lease price will be the deciding factor at this point. RVs and MSRP are all funny money in the EV world.

Yea, i get it, just can’t stand that these car companies are still releasing these ridiculous ranges. Was hoping the Chevy Bolt was going to start pushing things in the right direction. Maybe the Tesla Model 3 will be the real push.

for $155 a month on a little get around car is a good deal. most cars at that payment are a good deal.

The 500e is especially cheap like $99 a month or less when you pre pay it.

Wow, 99/month would be smokin’! So wish I didn’t have this $295/month Kia Soul lease hanging over my head until November. :frowning:

yup i know the feeling!

Isn’t that with paying the 2.5k CA rebate in advance as well?

no not at all. you still get the $2500 CA Rebate afterwards.

I know some dealers say $0 down but then ask for $2.5k and tell you to get reimbursed from the state,

I’ve had a few customers pre pay the whole lease at $5300 upfront with all taxes and fees.

that includes the $1095 bank fee, $846 tax on rebates, $333 license fee.

the remaining $3025 is the 36 payments with tax, divide that by the 36 month term and it becomes $84 a month.

Oh, my lease has all the taxes and fees rolled into the monthly payments. So if I separated the taxes and fees from the payments, my payment is around $87 with tax

Isn’t Hyundai promising the range will increase to 200+ next year?

Actually managed to get it lower than the $129 Serramonte deal. Got another 500 in rebates, so the monthly payment without tax became $66. I rolled all the drive-offs into the monthly payments and got $119 including tax out the door.

3 Likes

Nicely done, zwz002! Great updates.

Did you work with multiple dealers or only one?

Thanks buddy. I ended up working with two, and had one as a backup. Passed the info of the backup dealer to another person interested in the FFE here on the forum and he picked up his as well.

That’s a great deal! Were the extra $500 in rebates open to all? I’m closing on the $129 serramonte deal. I already thought that was a pretty incredible deal.