$124/mo + tax (Net) $400 DAS - New 2019 BMW i3 BEv $51k MSRP

Thank you.
I understand. But the lease can be in my name and registered at a different address (for the loyalty).
My question is if the lease is registered at an address above the income guidelines will I still be eligible (since I (the registered lessee) am below the income guidelines)

Noob question: When you lease an electric vehicle, what happens to the federal tax credit? Would that be another $7,500 off (on top of the current BMW incentive)?

No. On a lease the credit goes to bmw/dealer. You only get it on purchase

1 Like

BMW applies it to the lease as a rebate.

1 Like

That isn’t always the case. BMWFS passes all of it on the i3, but none of it on the 530e.

1 Like

It is you that gets the CVRP not the house…the address only counts when applying for the utility rebate. The household can come to play if these people as dependents make you qualify for the low income…not your situation…so you only have to worry how to scam BMW.

1 Like

I’d love to know as well. I’m in LA as well.

Thanks!

1 Like

is it a scam if the person with loyalty is on the new lease paperwork and stays on the lease for the whole term, even if they don’t drive it?

The loyalty is based on the contract, not use of the car, no?

If they are on the contract, then loyalty incentive is legit. But if they are on the contract, I think their income will count towards the CVRP income limits.

Mother in law is retired :slight_smile:

But you’re right that it might mess up the single income $150,000 income limit vs $300,000 married limit. Would need to look into how it applies on lease holder vs cvrp if it counts both on the lease or not

Programs change monthly, but they usually do pass it on to the consumer on their plug-in hybrids. Keep in mind plug-in hybrids get a much smaller rebate, so it may already be factored into the factory rebates.

Does anyone have a recommended nor cal dealer contact to lease an i3. I asked a broker last month to look for an i3 terra and he returned a $1500 drive away 350/month quote. I qualify for $2500 ca incentive.
Im just about to return my egolf and looking for another great deal on an ev lease.

You asked them last month when incentives weren’t as strong. Try asking them this month. If you are considering an i3 deal, note that the frenzy is due to the increase in loyalty, which you’d need to get close to these type of deals.

Anyone who needs to convince their significant other to get this thing needs their head examined. It’s like asking her to wear a guess bag when she wants a Louie Vuitton. This car is hideous to most ppl. A woman in my opinion is in the minority to want this car. FYI there’s a reason it’s cheap to lease…Bc no one wants to drive it except you freaking hacker maniacs

1 Like

It’s a beautiful car with the right color and trim.

2 Likes

You made a handbag reference in a car forum…Im not even sure what the difference is between a guess bag or louie vuitton.

4 Likes

LOL…excuse us for not being as fancy as you are…and this Louie Vuitton dude…is that the guy that plays for Barcelona?

Is that true?
My local dealer just told me that it doesn’t matter what the co-signer makes for the CVRP since I am the applicant.

Contact CVRP

By phone:
866-984-2532

By email:
cvrp@energycenter.org

Spanish (Español)
Para más información en español, comuníquese con: 866-550-8130.

Thank you. I just called and they said that as long as the co-signer lives at a different address you are fine. (they said they may ask for proof that co-signer lives at another address)