$124/mo + tax (Net) $400 DAS - New 2019 BMW i3 BEv $51k MSRP

How will you qualify for the loyalty if the addresses are different?

As I understood it, f he is co-signing than the registration in his name should be enough.
It’s only if he’s not on the lease that the address has to match. (I may be wrong though)

I don’t know. You can attempt this scam and see if it works.

3 Likes

Scam? Why can’t my brother who lives out of state and owns a BMW co-sign a lease with me?
Not sure what is a scam about it?

To get loyalty both need to be the same address for CVRP different addresses. Is it possible? (The answer is No)

Why exactly? You can have people living in the same house that have nothing to do with each other…tax wise. We may be overthinking this…

On a lease application it’s something like:

Applicant 1 - Joe Doe
123 abc st
citysville, CA

Applicant 2 - Jane Doe
234 xyz st
townsville, FL

Then the lease company would run credit checks vs the names and address to approve the co-applicants for the lease.

Then if Joe Doe has a BMW registered to the same address as his lease application, from my understanding would qualify the deal for loyalty. There is no fraud involved here, just co-applicants on a lease where one has a BMW at the application address.

The problems are that if Jane is the only one to drive the car and keeps it at her address and she totals it or misses a few payments or vice versa. Joe is equally responsible to BMWFS to pay for the totaled car or will have their credit history dinged for missed payments, etc…

So, you better trust the person you are co-applying with for a loyalty benefit. And, I’m still working to figure out if named people on the title need to be insured for a car if they don’t drive it. Seems like some insurance companies have different rules.

Side note, my wife and I were both named on our Acura lease. When we sold the car to Carvana, we both had to be there in person with our IDs. And likewise anyone on the title document needs to be there with an ID of the same name on the day of the transfer. They would not accept power of attorney or a notarized letter saying that my wife gave me authorization to sell the car.

I do not have experience turning in a BMW lease, but I’d assume it’s OK to turn in with only one of the title holders there as BMW owns the car and it’s not being transferred to a 3rd party.

When you live on Long Island you know Gucci Louie and Prada. As for the car, it’s got as much appeal as a cardboard box on wheels. As I said, to some it’s all about driving a “Bmw” for under 300. Come to Long Island and I’ll get you a cardboard box w wheels and write Bmw on it. Use your legs to operate it and I’ll beat the i3 mpg and prob 0 to 60. Haha ok permission for i3 fans to crush me now

1 Like

That’s what I figured.
Which is why most people would just use an address of someone with a BMW since most wouldn’t want to co-sign.
I personally happen to also want a co-signer since my credit is only good (690) and most bmw dealers told me I would need excellent credit (720+) for the deal.
So if I can get a relative who happens to also own a BMW to co-sign it works.

Definitely give it a go.

As long as they trust you with their credit report/history…

Also for a lease you’ll need comprehensive and collision coverage as well as liability limits of $100k/300k for BMW I believe. So factor that in if your insurance isn’t current at those coverages.

If I can get an i3 with the CA rebates and carpool sticker for <$250/mo. It’s less than we pay in gas to commute right now and includes a new car. (assuming free charging).

You could paint it neon green and I’d still be interested in the deal

Try James Stanford at Concord BMW.

Did you read the title of this thread? It’s actually free for some. People like money, that’s not surprising. Also, some are more secure than others.

1 Like

Do you have a number to text him?

These i3 deals are incredible in California. Any one know if any dealer is willing to drop ship an i3 to Atlanta Georgia? I bought my Chrysler Pacifica from a Colorado dealer who shipped the vehicle to Atlanta. Wondering if there are dealers from California or else where who does this for i3?

They need those state rebates to be such deals. Same as NJ, NY, CT. I think OR also has state rebates

what is OL code and how do you get it. (never-mind, searched for it, it’s some code from the dealer) is it easy to find or trade for money?
and what makes you qualify for a new graduate.

Search again. There’s a long thread on the topic.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s an insane price.