$124/mo + tax (Net) $400 DAS - New 2019 BMW i3 BEv $51k MSRP

I think they’re quirky and for that reason I like it. At this price they are a truly outstanding value.

3 Likes

It’s an outstanding deal even at MSRP when you consider the fact that you are getting a full carbon fiber tub. They have to be losing money on every one of these they sell, even at sticker.

1 Like

I love seeing that every time the doors are opened!

What are some must haves on this car? Im not familiar and see smokers package and some other packages. I was looking at as base as they come and the rims are pitiful haha.

Personally, having had some i3 that have had every option possible, and another that was a completely base car, I honestly feel like as close to a base car as you can get is probably the best value. However, everyone is going to have certain preferences. On my end, I really don’t find leather seats, the larger navigation screen, adaptive cruise, moonroof etc. as must-haves. My biggest pet peeve option is wireless charging. Unfortunately quite a number of the cars have it already (My current one included), but for $500 it is a terrible value.

1 Like

To me, the absolute ideal hack would be an i3 BEV in white (no paint upcharge) and with the heat pump. This would be a base car with only $150 for the heat pump and the hack could be epic with the current incentives.

2 Likes

I used to share the same opinion of the standard turbine design wheels. I thought they were terrible looking. Now they are my favorite of the bunch! I’ve had a number of i3 with the 20 inch wheels, and can say the 19s definitely ride a lot better…Much less firm.

Yea i am open to basic im going to use it for long work road trips.

Nice deal. But just as an fyi to CA people, the CVRP ran out of money. They got more funding but its not necessarily 100% guaranteed that you’ll get it after all the other people on the waitlist (from my understanding at least)

You will get it, there is just no guarantee when. Anyway, the 200 something millions just allocated should get things going again.

1 Like

I’m aware of the risk but it’s still a decent deal event without the CVRP.

I personally only wanted Tech Package for the ACC to pace through the traffic in SoCal.

I wanted the wireless phone charging too but can’t find one with the right configure/color, then I realized that I can just get one from Amazon for $36. Problem solved!

Second that. I’m just driving it because it’s cheap. I would be paying $150+ on gas alone if I drive a gas car. Plus, my apartment complex provides free charging so this car basically pays for itself in a sense.

That is absolutely the best approach. I did not want to pay for the wireless charging because it is so easily added so much less expensively.

1 Like

Anyone know Does the CVRP have to match the household?
Or is it just the Lessee?
Meaning if I register the car at a friends address (who qualifies for loyalty but not CVRP) Can I still get CVRP (since I do qualify)?

any one in Northern California hack it? if so pls let me know.

My wife’s parents have a BMW. They’d happily co sign a lease and leave us with the car. Or even sign a lease and let us have the car with us making payments.

we’d insure and keep at our house. But they’re in socal and we’re in NorCal.

Any rules from BMW on doing this for loyalty?

Registering for cvrp or sce/pge rebate might be a bit more complicated

The car has to be registered in your name for you to get the CVRP. They require you send them the lease contract.

Make your parents get it and apply for all rebates, they can add you on their insurance policy and you drive it…just like when you were 16 and got your first car.

Lol, different address so that’s tougher with insurance.

With loyalty it’s worth us to pick up a commuter because it would be less than what we spend in gas. Without it, it’s more than we pay so why bother.

Our last lease had me and my wife on it. Wondering if we could do they same with her and her mom, even though at different addresses.

Paperwork probably more of an issue. Actual cost of the lease isn’t a problem, just running cost/benefit scenarios since we don’t need an i3 but would be fun if it’s less than our gas costs