10k over msrp on 2022 e-tron and Taycan - am i being duped?

If you are talking about buying a 60-100k car, go on turo and rent one for the day. Well worth spending 100 bucks before spending 75k.

8 Likes

I know of an on the ground GT3 for $100k over.

1 Like

So do I. :rofl:

1 Like

I can get you an etron gt at list

1 Like

I had one on the ground at list a couple weeks ago.

Can order one.

Can you do the same with a regular one?

Only have the gt in stock!

1 Like

Could do list on a regular one if I have it. Check back w me.

1 Like

I think most brokers can offer MSRP for orders. Problem is that it will take 6 months to be delivered.

2 Likes

Can confirm. Girlfriend’s SQ5 was ordered in June/July for October delivery, now is pushed back to maybe December at the earliest. However, I was also told that EVs have shorter wait times due to different chips (Audi).

2 Likes

Unfortunately dealers are marking up whatever they feel like right now. I went to a Honda dealership today with a friend as he needed some information on his lease end contract. They had a Type R for 25,000 $ markup (I can share the picture of window sticker if anyone wants to see it). 69,000 $ FOR A FREAKING CIVIC, yes I know its a Type R, but 25k really???

And I actually blame people who pay these markups, but ohh well to each their own.

you ship to ca?

Closing the loop here - since I seem to have a midlife crisis and a new car is significantly cheaper than extramarital affair, pulled the plug and signed for an e-tron with a mere 3500 above MSRP. All the hail and glory to my negotiating skills.

Also, rv and mf suck too, with 51% and 0.00230 (with buy rate being 0.00200).

I guess, bad time for midlife crisis.

1 Like

debatable, based on what you just signed for.

5 Likes

Is there ever a good time?

Is the extramarital affair a depreciable asset? Asking for a friend… :joy:

1 Like

I think there are very few things that are more expensive than divorce in US, and Audi is not one of them. Aston Martins, on the other hand…

It is more like a lease with sudden baloon payment dropping on you out of the blue sky when you least expect it… )

2 Likes

So more like the Payment Saver type loan…
Seth Meyers Gotcha GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1 Like