10k over msrp on 2022 e-tron and Taycan - am i being duped?

How does $10k over msrp compare to the numbers you had researched prior to talking numbers with the dealer?

I wasn’t able to get any sales data on the new models.

There have been multiple discussions on here regarding pricing on these two models and them going for well over msrp.

Care to point me to specific topics?

Tell me this is a horrible deal and not to pay over MSRP lol - #10 by Bluemkn57cars is a good start

Weren’t you just posting a thread about how you saw no value in luxury cars?

4 Likes

I have seen the thread about GT quote. It is not sales data, it’s a random guy like myself sharing the quote. Quotes are not sales.

As for the lux thread you mention, I could lie to you and say it was my 10 yo brother, but I will be honest and admit it was me. I am still not impressed with so-called lux cars, but I am now impressed with electric.

It’s not sales data, but it’s more data points that guides what to expect, as well as a lead on a broker that qt least then offered much better pricing.

There are electric options that arent $130k too you know.

1 Like

Plenty of non-luxo electric cars.

1 Like

And in other news, in our neck of woods the Sun rises over Atlantic and sets into Pacific. Any other revelations?

That was actually supposed to say arent $130k.

Point being that your choice in ev targets, after stating that you don’t have a taste for what luxury vehicles offer doesn’t make sense. There are lots of options that meet your palate AND are EVs.

If I could get electric Subaru now, most likely I would. Perhaps I should just wait for Solterra. The rest of the pack (Kia Huynday, Nissan, etc) never impressed me.

Neither is e-tron with 72k msrp. I don’t quite see why I need to exain myself, but I did feel electric e-tron quite different from combustion outback, and this does not surprise me. It is possible that Solterra would be not far apart fom aforementioned e-tron.

First batch of Costco etron was $3500 DAS and $335 a month back in May. But I’m not sure where this thread is going.

Good for may people, I presume…

2 Likes

Figured since you’re cross shopping the taycan, you were discussing the etron gt rather than the normal etron.

There are still lots of other options out there that actually get closer to meeting you needs than an etron at $10k over sticker.

Hell, if you want non luxury in an ev platform, a tesla might actually be a reasonable choice.

Taycan base is 82, my build was more, but still nowhere near 130.
I am thinking about Tesla right now. Problem is, i have never been in one (even as a passenger) and there are no cars to test drive in my area. Literally received this from Tesla sales:

“I am excited to offer you the Tesla experience without making an extra trip in your busy day

Test drives are currently unavailable, next availability for test drives is undetermined, and may be anywhere from late-October to next year.”

Hop on a tesla forum and ask someone local. Tesla owners love to proselytize

2 Likes

Model S, in isolation and ignoring the msrp, is actually pretty decent. I had fun test driving a p100d. Whether it’s a worthy competitor to a Taycan given it’s age is a different story.

I don’t know. I didn’t bother replying to the e-mail.

Thread can be reopened if simple forum etiquette is followed.

2 Likes