Tesla 3 Lease questions

I don’t think the CA gets a piece of the interest you pay. @michael is saying that if a Tesla employee leases a Tesla, the rent charge that they are paying on that lease is reimbursed to them, so they are only paying the depreciation portion of the lease.

1 Like

a tesla or a model 3? night and day. a model s is like an s class mercedes. a model 3 is like a vw bug with a phablet glued onto the dash.

Oh, oh, oh. WHOOSH. Thanks for clarifying. :slight_smile:

i doubt the model 3 even offers android auto. probably apple carplay only. Because only sheeple would buy this car.
sheeple definition - sheeple do not buy for any other reason than assuming that standing in line to get one means a product must be the best. aka herd mentality.
of course, some will buy for the same reason they buy a cheap german car. because tesla model 3 allows you to fake moderate success in life. especially if the gov chips in.
my advice, buy a model s or go home. in regards to german cars, my advice is to lease or go home. dont own german out of warranty!

1 Like

That’s a pretty dumb comment to make. FYI, Tesla does not support Android Auto nor Apple CarPlay.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

How could you even logically consider this?

new models never lease well. the best leases are lame duck models. but since you want a model 3 in support of the environment, you should take make a deal. of course, the chevy bolt is another option. the environment doesnt care which one of those you choose. Let us know which one you go with!

1 Like

I’d probably go with an S Class for that kind of coin

I even drove a Mirai today. Dealer promised one deal on email then changed up mileage from 12k from 15k when I got there. Left and they called said OK if I liked it but not color choice I want. Strange. Seems they knew I liked black and wouldn’t take other colors. They give no explanation otherwise I couldn’t take the car I wanted. Thoughts? Mirai was interesting to drive though. Like the others better.

does the s class have auto pilot? the one true draw for me to the model s.

mirai is cool. the technology is just amazing, imagining what is under the hood. did they offer free fuel?

1 Like

Yes, the s class is available with a very good semiautonomous driving mode

Yes, a very similar feature quite a few years ago. The first time I experience this type of driver assist feature was in 2001 in a S class. The car technically drove us from San Jose to Monterey via highway 17 with minimal driver input. It definitely was as smooth as today’s driver assist tho. Autopilot isn’t unit, just the way Tesla markets it is unique. Uniquely over commit.

15,000 dollars free fuel over 3 years.

I find it endlessly amusing that people can’t resist expressing their disdain (or hate) for Tesla in every discussion.

He asked about the lease… not about what you think of electric cars, or Tesla.

Personally, I think a Model 3 is a great car, but that’s not a great deal.

I WISH there were such a thing as a reasonable Model 3 lease.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve been doing some reading and apparently traditional car dealerships and Tesla have been going at each other for quite sometime.
Thanks to Car and Driver for adding a little humor to the mix.

Between the rear end of the Mirai and the wheel arch cover on the clarity. I am not sure which is uglier. But economically it can make sense, I think the clarity wins in price and range.

You as a driver probably don’t care, but the rear leg room sucks as they put something under the seat. You can’t shove your feet underneath it, super annoying. I have only driven a clarity, does the mirai sound like a flushing toilet when the hydrogen is being dumped in?

That’s “not a great deal”? Jeez, what an understatement. It’s not even a good, neutral, or bad deal. The deal literally makes no sense. I happen to like the model 3, even with all its downsides (most cars have them), but for that kind of money - it’s a total ripoff.

And you’re on the wrong forum if you think people will withhold their opinions of cars on here.

1 Like

The Mirai, by a huge margin. I don’t think Toyota coul have made that thing uglier if they tried.

1 Like