Tesla 3 Lease questions

Found this site today. Spoke to them and they are setting up the following lease program. Would just need to provide them with my vin. number once configuration order comes in (still waiting) or take over someone else’s preordered car with vin. Number. They will purchase and lease to me. Thoughts? Currently Tesla not offering lease on the 3.
https://onlyusedtesla.com/model3/

Looks pretty terrible, allot of nice cars out there for that kind of money. You paying a premium for the novelty of a battery car. Effectively $837/mo

2 Likes

Someone move this to the worst lease deal thread please. Cant beleive that price for a $54k empty room.

8 Likes

Yikes, you’re gonna get killed posting that here. Put a helmet on.

8 Likes

That is a terrible deal. Run.

That said, Teslas just don’t lease well at all, even looking at the S & X lease terms that Tesla offers.

I’m tough thanks. But if you have never driven or owned one it is truly an amazing car. With that said I would never buy a full electric now.

Love to hear what cars you feel are good for that kind of money with a good lease program. I’ve yet to find. Thanks

Paying like $30k for a car that you can get for a little over 45k after tax credit. Smart

2 Likes

Reassess in a few weeks after you get over the novelty feeling, you will start noticing how many corners were cut. I honest can’t get over the lower quality interior, noisy cabin and bad fit and finish for a $54k car.

The plus side, off line power is great. The car drive very well. Range is very good for EV. Eliminating gas station stop is sure convinient. But still I expect more quality and comfort for the money

2 Likes

For example, you can get a Volvo S90 for way less, and it’s a nicer car in every regard.

Electric is convenient and cheap to “gas up” but the quality of these cars leaves much to be desired, and at that price, I wouldn’t bother.

3 Likes

I’ve been in one, the interior quality is horrendous for that price point. Wife’s Clarity is way nicer. We cancelled our reservation recently.

Production problems are also part of the reason we went with a different car. The fact that they’re only interested in selling the large battery version for now makes me wonder why they overpromised with reservation holders from the beginning. All in all, we are happy with the Honda, because 47 miles is plenty for the wife’s commute, interior is more luxurious, and the built quality is top notch. And for 15k less, no brainer.

1 Like

Tried to work that deal. WLA dealer wanted 3k down, 12k miles and payments at 459.00 before taxes. Not a fan of the covered wheels though

Yeah, it might not be hackable for a lease, finance is the way to go like most Hondas. 9450 back in rebates, so can’t complain.

Exactly what I have been saying all along. If Tesla make this to the same quality level of a Honda Accord, it could be a winner. the $55K one that we have been lucky enough to use, has vinyl seat. Really??

Do you think the lease company would require the leasee to install an interior before returning it since Tesla forgot to?

6 Likes

The problem isn’t just the interior. These cars are having plenty of mechanical and electrical issues, check the Model 3 section on “Tesla Motors Club” forum - 1 in 5 threads is about a serious failure.

Tesla will get it eventually, and I’m sure the Model Y will be an excellent car, but at that price point I’m not interested in being a beta tester for their product.

1 Like

Yes, didn’t want to be too harsh to offend the enthusiasts. In my case, on one more complain is the driver side handle 99% of the time doesn’t work properly on the first try.

Road noise also really bothers me in both the model S and 3 that I’ve been in.

That’s m3 money…202020

I appreciate all the thoughts and advice sincerely. But in this forum I’m hoping for advice on the lease I posted since its third party and Tesla currently is not leasing this car. I am aware from other sites of the good and bad. Again I found a car with 2k miles at 55k. Trying to figure out 8ffer and numbers. Again my former Tesla never had an issue. Thanks.