Tesla 3 Lease questions

Sorry, I was advocating buying and selling 3 years later (if you really don’t want to keep the car).

1 Like

It’s going to be an awful deal to lease it so why are you even considering it? They even admit that in the new ad you found “$500 per month will require a large down payment.” An EV with an interior worse than a Corolla and quality control worse than a Yugo isn’t worse $500 per month with a massive downpayment

1 Like

If you are willing to pay me 30K, I would buy the car at 55K, take the tax credit and keep the car after 3 years. :rofl: Honestly if you can get in line for one and don’t care for AWD and don’t mind the big battery, just buy it. I bought out my RAV4 EV even though it was dumb financially, but the car has a better overall package than its competitor. I am willing to pay to keep something I like.

Corolla with a nicer interior? Really? I had a new Camry as a loaner, the car is nowhere close either. Also let’s not mention how they drive and how they look. Or better yet, you can get a car with rear wheel arch cover :crazy_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

The Corolla definitely has a nicer interior. Well, it has an interior, so it’s not hard to win that competition.

Are you saying you don’t like the model 3s interior or they have bad quality, it’s two different things. I am not a fan of the 3s minimal approach, but they are way nicer than Toyota’s interior.

You are bringing sexy back

“It will cost 1.5-2.0% of the vehicle price per month”

So that’s $750-1,000 per month on a $50K Model 3. And it’s only $0 down payment…all the fees are still on top of that.

Sounds like a contender for

2 Likes

tumblr_odiffrWbNe1r8dxfio1_400

1 Like

Nice deal! Thanks for sharing.

BTW, learned recently that Tesla employees have the rent charge on a lease reimbursed to their paychecks. So I suppose there is a way for .00001 MF with Tesla. :rofl:

No one here (I don’t think anyway) is trying to be mean. We are looking at it from an objective point of view (which I’m not sure you have) that the car not worth an effective lease of $800+ a month.

What do you mean by rent charge? Like first month? Or part of the money factor? If so, that’s fucking legit. Good for them, I loved my advisor. I hope he gets a piece of that MF every month. I wouldn’t even be mad.

Money factor = interest/rent charge. Same thing, different term.

Do you mean Elon or money factor? :grin:

1 Like

Haha. I hope everyone gets Elon if they want him. But if my advisor got a piece of the action off of the MF in a residual way, thats real nice.

I don’t think the CA gets a piece of the interest you pay. @michael is saying that if a Tesla employee leases a Tesla, the rent charge that they are paying on that lease is reimbursed to them, so they are only paying the depreciation portion of the lease.

1 Like

a tesla or a model 3? night and day. a model s is like an s class mercedes. a model 3 is like a vw bug with a phablet glued onto the dash.

Oh, oh, oh. WHOOSH. Thanks for clarifying. :slight_smile:

i doubt the model 3 even offers android auto. probably apple carplay only. Because only sheeple would buy this car.
sheeple definition - sheeple do not buy for any other reason than assuming that standing in line to get one means a product must be the best. aka herd mentality.
of course, some will buy for the same reason they buy a cheap german car. because tesla model 3 allows you to fake moderate success in life. especially if the gov chips in.
my advice, buy a model s or go home. in regards to german cars, my advice is to lease or go home. dont own german out of warranty!

1 Like

That’s a pretty dumb comment to make. FYI, Tesla does not support Android Auto nor Apple CarPlay.

1 Like