[Lease Pending] 2016 BMW 528i $380 w/ tax!

Before the content, pls accept my appreciation and apologies to the members at this great forum.
I did bad things this morning, in which I tried to make profit from this forum’s members.
(I got this car from a generous member @steve2 without any down pay)
More background is in post: A scam is unmasked
This car’s original owner’s post: [SWAP PENDING] Takeover my lease: 2016 BMW 528i for $382/month

THE CAR
Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2016 BMW 528i
MSRP: $54,250
Vin: WBA5A5C50GG352582
Original Term: 36 months
Remaining months: 20, ends at May 2019
Current Miles: 12,000
Lease Total Miles: 45,000
Remaining Miles: 1,600+ per month!!
Registered till June 2018.
Next maintenance due around Mar. 2018

I took over the lease from the original owner @steve2, as in post: [SWAP PENDING] Takeover my lease: 2016 BMW 528i for $382/month

I drove it for less than 1k miles and the car is absolutely great!

Car’s Condition: It is in superb condition and never been in any accident, with no history of any service issues (other than standard oil change provided at the dealership). Mostly highway miles. None smoker car, no pets. The car is as new but for two small blemishes on the front bumper on the lower right side and lower left side (curb scrap when parking).

Price
$350 rent, $30 tax
So your total monthly payment will be around 351+30 = $380, it’s less than 1% MSRP so good deal!

Please note there are no prepaid wear/tear protection plans.

Reason
TLDR is that we got a new SUV so don’t need it anymore.

About Transfer

I believe you’ll need to have good credit score (750+ or mortgage to ensure)
Please note that after transfer, you will lose the “free maintenance plan”, which will amortize add around $10~20 to your monthly payment
Need to apply through official BMW Finical
$500 application fee directly pay to BMW, if you fail you will get $400 back (You’ll need this step regardless of new lease or lease takeover)
It may take up to 3 weeks to complete the whole process
For more, please directly contact the official BMW Financial Center at 800-578-5000
I prefer to be contacted by text messages or phone calls at (650) 485-3561
Pls also feel free to comment below for any questions
Welcome to see the car, every day in Redwood Shores after 6:30 pm, or in Menlo Park in daytime.

Once again, pls accept my apologies and I believe passing this great car to forum members is the at least right thing I can do.
In the future I’ll try to help others in the forum as much as I can to make up for the bad things I’ve done.

I actually need a car with this type of mileage and payment…I’ll contact you via text again, as I think our conversation got cut off with this forum issue. Btw, I have read through the comments and think the apology/new plan is a good way to go.

1 Like

Thank you @Daz23! I’ll share here about the progress so that other forum members can see.

So was the original post about getting a Tesla a lie too? There was no need for that … It is almost pathological …

Insert joke here about Tesla drivers being lying assholes.

ppl make mistakes, he is admitting it and moving to the right direction though.

Just one thing, David.

In the “Scam is unmasked” thread, you posted that the reason you’re disposing of the BMW is because you ordered a Tesla Model 3 and you even provided more information about financing the Tesla as opposed to leasing it.

Now you claim that you already “got” an SUV and that is why you are disposing of the car.

GIVEN THE HISTORY IN THE “SCAM” THREAD AND THE REMAINING INCONSISTENCIES I WOULD STRONGLY URGE ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS CAR TO TAKE EXTRA CARE TO ENSURE THAT THERE ARE NO OTHER ISSUES.

Something tells me that David might be trying to unload the vehicle for reasons he is not disclosing and that might have negative ramifications for a new lessee.

2 Likes

Maybe his “SUV” is a Model X? Does that qualify?

Hi @steve2, it’s a Tesla Model X, not model 3

Also did a pre-return inspection at Peter Pan BMW and there is $400 charge for the small scratches on the front bumpers

I can’t help but wonder if David is trying to unload the car for reasons he is not disclosing. Who knows if somehow he managed to get a loan against the title or was in an accident or otherwise did some damage to the car. After all, so much of what he posted previously has turned out to be complete lies that it makes me wonder if it’s safe to attempt to acquire a lease from this individual.

This is a case where extreme care should be exercised because all signs point to trouble.

2 Likes

@steve2, the car is in great condition and had never been into any accidents, and everything is correct including loan/title everything. Truly the only reason is I also bought a Model X and no need for the BMW anymore.

Once someone is caught lying repeatedly, it’s hard to trust that person again.

So sorry to hurt you and this forum, I’m doing the right thing now and please give me a more chance to prove it

1 Like

Also please note there is a $350 disposition fee when final return, it could be waived if get another BMW within 6 months

What @daivd217 initially did was wrong and I voiced my displeasure for it too, but he actually never claimed to get a Model 3. It was actually @vhooloo who assumed it was a Model 3.

3 Likes

Update:

• Two people contacted and both provided name & email address.
  • Provided detailed context to both of them, they know about the bad things I’ve done here.
  • Confirmed with first person that didn’t want to continue.
  • Will contact BMW to start credit application for the second person.

Again I’ll keep 100% transparent & honest & no profiting mind, thank you for the understanding and giving second chance!

Yes I thought it had to be a Model 3 for someone to want to give up a solid deal on a 5 series. I also thought a bigger engine meant more power. And finally I learned that turning down those credit limit increases is not good for your credit score… Not a good day for me… :frowning:

You should read credit score hacking forums too :wink:

Steve did you think Dave was struggling with finances that let a better offer pass up? Just asking because he seems to be doing fine so just trying to wrap my head around all of this. And full disclaimer i am not takung any sides here.