[SWAP PENDING] Takeover my lease: 2016 BMW 528i for $382/month

PLEASE NOTE: Lease transfer is now pending

I’m a longtime lurker, first time poster who is looking to swap out of my BMW Financial Services lease because of work relocation from Santa Clara, CA to New York City.

ABOUT THE CAR
Car: 2016 BMW 528i (leased when brand new from Stevens Creak BMW, San Jose, CA)
MSRP: $54,250
Original Term: 36 months (lease start date: 5/28/2016)
Remaining months: 23 (lease end date: 5/28/2019)

Current Miles: ~10,500 (as of June 14th)
Lease Miles: 45,000
Remaining Miles: ~1,500 per month

Lease Terms: $382 per month ($351 rent, $31 tax)
NO MSD & NO OTHER COSTS (but for BMW lease transfer fees).

Car’s Condition: The BMW is in superb condition, never in an accident, with no history of any service issues (other than standard oil change provided at the dealership). None smoker car, no pets, almost all the miles are highway miles. The car is as new but for two small blemishes on the front bumper on the lower right side and lower left side (curb scrap when parking).

IMPORTANT OTHER INFORMATION
Importantly, my wife and I just learnt that we’re relocating from San Jose, CA to New York in two weeks, thus I’m looking to swap out of my lease ASAP.

You can get an awesome deal because I’d like to avoid transporting or driving the car to New York. Thus, I’m not looking for any up front cash (I put down $4,600 in cap cost reduction…yes, I know…now). My loss, your gain.

Also, June’s lease payment is already made. I’d just ask you to pay for the lease application and transfer ($100/$400, I believe).

Please PM me ASAP if you’re interested as I need to either swap the lease this week or make plans to move the car to New York and exit the lease there (as it’s not practical for us to keep a car in Manhattan).

Local only and able to view the car ASAP.

Well this shouldnt take long…

Wow this will go fast.

Wish I could get it but I’m in so cal …

Very nice deal…

great deal indeed…I might ship this darn thing to NY at this price point

Hopefully so.

I’d rather give someone a fantastic deal than relocate the car and then ask “fair market value” in New York. It’s a win-win, I believe.

Great deal. I would do it in 2 seconds if I lived in Cali. I am in GA

I want it, please call me asap, let me take without questions asked. I’m in Menlo Park.
650-690-2081

Definitely interested in well. I have a 535d that is up next month in Los Angeles. Let me know if it is still available!!

That’s how you do it when motivated. Respect.

1 Like

Drop it off in Detroit on your way and I am down!

Hopefully, you (david217) will end up leasing the car, in which case I’ll indicate here.

Otherwise, I’ll let the next person who expressed interest know ASAP.

It’s nice to be able to offer someone in the Leasehackr community a fantastic deal!!!

2 Likes

Good deal without MSDs. Just a reminder to everybody considering taking over the lease:
the free maintenance won’t transfer to the new leasee.
If there’s a service due, maybe @steve2 can have it done before the new owner takes the car.

Also, BMW transfer fee is $500+tx. If lease falls through because of credit, they keep $100 and refund the rest.

5 Likes

Please PM the details. I am in NorCal only.

Yes that’s the same info I just got from the BMW call. Thanks for reminding!

And I too just confirmed the information 305Hackr provided re: cost of lease transfer and free maintenance transfer.

Service was performed about 2,000 miles ago in March and the next service is showing as due in 6,000 miles or in March, 2018

UPDATE: A Leasehackr member has submitted a credit application to BMW FS and thus, hopefully, my car will shortly have new adoring driver :slight_smile:

If for any reason the application isn’t approved, I’ll provide an update and contact the next person from this thread/PM replies.

Many thanks for all the interest.

I thought only the 2017 models have non-transfer maintenance.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hope David has terrible credit…

1 Like

LMAO!

Hilarious I was going to volunteer for this lease but it looks like some people on here actually need the car…

Sorry guys I’m just several minutes ahead of you :frowning:
Really hope I can get the car.
But just in case if I fail, I’ll post and totally fine with the $145 ($100 + $45tax) fee that not returning to me.