A scam is unmasked

Give me a break dude. He let his emotions get the better of him in a business transaction. Lots of people do that because most people in inherently want to help others. But these same people forget the world is full of bad people who take advantage of others’ generosity. Valuable lesson learned for everyone. Business is business, never forget that. Money and emotions don’t mix. Ever.

1 Like

Update: I’ve contacted all people who contacted me due to CL ads that, pointed them to this link and removed any additional profiting request.

So, you are so smart that you never got fucked by some asshole? Good for you, but give it time.

colbert-popcorn

5 Likes

WOW! Thank you for posting the details. I am in the East Bay and have seen this ad as recent as this week (as I am still considering a lease assumption). I was going to contact him! I just went through a terrible ordeal with a Transferor who canceled the process after 21 days. I wish I had assumed this vehicle from someone as honorable and kind as @steve2. This type of deceit is why people are so skeptical of others presently.

It even had the same pictures in the new ad. Unbelievable.

I apologize for seeming to pile on to @daivd217 (as he has apologized), but I am glad, as an interested party, the precise disclosure details of this deal.

Hi folks! I’m the guilty OP.
Please again accept my deep apologies!
I’ve re-posted a detailed one so that this great car can pass to more forum members.
new post: [Lease Pending] 2016 BMW 528i $380 w/ tax!

Yeah I’m pretty smart :slight_smile:

It’s not about that though. It’s about - for the umpteenth time - not mixing emotions and money. Never a good idea. Doesn’t matter that it’s a “nice young couple in SF”. You sell to the highest bidder. Period.

1 Like

We are not even sure if that was his significant other. Could have hired the person by the hour :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sign up to learn more about leasing but got stuck in this thread instead :expressionless: lol

3 Likes

That’s true, sadly…

By the way, in David’s new post he no longer claims to be getting a Tesla Model 3 but now claims to have already gotten an SUV.

I can’t help but wonder if David is trying to unload the car for reasons he is not disclosing. Who knows if somehow he managed to get a loan against the title or was in an accident or otherwise did some damage to the car. After all, so much of what he posted previously has turned out to be complete lies that it makes me wonder if it’s safe to attempt to acquire a lease from this individual.

2 Likes

I just got a chill reading that…

In all seriousness @steve2 … I’m just happy that BMW is not one of those brands that still holds the original party responsible for any issues that might arise from the new leasee (?).

Good point, mirawabash.

But now I’m very concerned for anyone who might assume the lease from David. Something is incredibly fishy!!!

1 Like

Agreed… is there such a thing as PPI for lease transfers?

Yowza, lot of sharp people around here.

@steve2, it’s a Tesla Model X, not model 3

David, so that’s yet another “mistake” in your original post that you failed to correct until it was exposed.
This is just over the top at this point.

1 Like

@steve2 Please refer to my original post, with all respect but, I only stated it’s a Tesla in my post, and one forum member guessed it is a Model 3

To David’s credit, he never claimed to have gotten a Model 3…he just mentioned Tesla. Someone else speculated that it was the 3.

Oh actually I stated it was Model X but later changed it, from my first apology 5 hours ago.

I just presumed the Model 3 was listed in the original post as it was not previously challenged in subsequent posts (and the OP content has been deleted so I could not confirm).

Sorry about that.