BMW 530e lease deal

Maria is amazing…she sent me great numbers to begin with and not a lot of back and forth.

Despite the similar discount off MSRP, Mina is still paying more per month for a car that had a lower MSRP. Her deal was good, but ThanxsisC’s deal is much better. I think the difference could be made up partially due to lack of loyalty / maybe marked up MF?

i dont have the MSRP sticker roght now but here is some numbers as i read from the contract
-Total Agreed upon value of Vehicle $48,408.20

• doc provcessing charge $80
    -Acquisition $925
  • Total 49,413.20

$2k lease credit from BMW
$4K out of the pocket (includes 1st month)

36mon/12k miles

hope that help

how much are you getting from your dealer ?

We don’t view deals solely through the prism of payment/MSRP. You have to compare apples to apples.

Look at numbers pre-tax.
Look at numbers with the same RV (not 10k compared to 12k or 15k).
Etc etc.

With companies that allow ala-carte options such as BMW, you would expect the % discount to increase slightly as MSRPs exceed the median (it’s very easy to inflate the MSRP of a BMW with options that hold little to no value for most buyers).

It’s nice to qualify for loyalty but most people won’t. And it’s not like people can go back in time and make their last purchase a BMW just to qualify for loyalty in the spring of 2018. They clearly bought something else back then for XYZ reasons.

Edit: This is not to discredit @ThanxsisC in any way, just a reminder that there is a more nuanced way to compare deals than simply payment or payment/MSRP.

Totally agree, I did my whole negotiation via email and it was virtually painless! I have never had such a smooth auto transaction experience before.

@kimcicle thanks for the props! I thought I did a decent deal as well with it being my first lease after becoming a well informed lessee and lurking on this forum for 6 months. This forum is amazing (and sometimes quite entertaining as well)!

BTW congrats to both Mina and @ThanxsisC

Post a photo to the “Trophy Garage” thread and post your positive dealer experiences here

question did any consider buying excess wear and tear protection?
I did not.
not sure if I did the right thing ?

I did not, but predominantly because I have an indoor garage, I don’t drive that much, nor do I drive that fast, this is a 3 year lease so wouldn’t expect too much wear and tear and to the extent you plan on leasing another BMW, usually the dealership just waives reasonable charges anyway. But that’s just me. My husband continues to make fun of me for the fact that I bought tire and wheel protection on our X3 so I feel like whatever makes you feel comfortable, you should do.

1 Like

Personally I’ve said thousands over the years by declining

I’m at 18% off + incentives on a 2018 530e loaner if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

Nyclife, what color? Awd?

where is the car located at?

In the northeast and is xdrive

1 Like

He is amazing :slight_smile:
Nice deals on the 530e both thanxsisC and mina!!!

Totally agree, this sounds like a pretty decent deal. A Bay Area dealer was quoting something like $675/mo for 10,000 miles with $6k down on a vehicle that was had an MSRP of about $53k.

hey guys… I’m brand new at this leasing thing… but i feel like I’m getting ripped off…

$2000 off MSRP is not that great. Aim for 10% off MSRP. What does KBB say about your Lancer? Can you get more at Carmax? Right now it’s costing you $1000 to get out of that car.

going to try tomorrow… but theres a freaking discrepancy on my mileage with an oil change that i did… with carfax and the car got so many upgrades that its been a headache… didn’t want to deal with selling it privately… but with seats, and wheels alone i am cashing out 3-4k which i have to remove before giving them the car

Definitely part out your mods. Selling them with the car never really pans out.

gotcha, but aside from the 1,000 upside down what else can i try to negotiate… when it comes to the actual lease payments and price