2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd Ult AWD w/ult tech $399/mo

Ended up with what I think is a pretty good deal on a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Ultimate AWD with ultimate tech package. Love all the extras, including heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, smart cruise control.

MSRP: $44,950
Selling Price: $36,836
Rebates: $5351
Trade-in: $0

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000

MF: .00064
Residual: 53%

Security Deposit:
Total Due At Signing: $1000 (inc. first month payment)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $399

Zip Code: NH
Sales Tax Rate: 0%

Leasehackr Score:

That seems like a good selling price and rebate, but 399 at the end seems high ?
can you provide a link to the leasehackr calc ?

Is adjusted capitalized cost the same as selling price?

Selling price = MSRP - dealer discount before any manufacturer rebates.

I agree that $399/mo w/ $1000 drive-off seems like a lot. Since your in NH and near MA, have you taken the deal you have and seen if @Leasard can beat it? On their website, www.leasard.com, you can request a custom quote for a similar vehicle. They specialize in zero down, 35mo payment deals.

I have signed already, can I still use that site and change lease to a different lender or something?

Have you picked up the car? If so, nothing much can be done at this point.

I was suggesting them to see if they could offer a better monthly payment

Can you break down the 5351 in rebates?

I did pick it up already :frowning:
Oh well, we are still new to this whole world of leasing so live and learn I guess! Good to know for next time I’ll bookmark that page!

That payment sucks big time. They must have overcharged you a ton. Please post the actual papers on the lease with all numbers … From the calculator, the payment should be 250 a month lol

My best guess is that “selling price” is inclusive of the rebates.

You got a good deal on the Canyon so I don’t understand why you settled for a crappy one here

Yes that makes sense. So the real discount from dealer is only 3k…

IMG_4934

IMG_4935

IMG_4936

That’s all the info I think you’re looking for. Now I feel awful, I was trying to stay under that 1% MSRP and honestly I had called around to a ton of dealerships and this was by far the best deal I was offered. They also said Hyundai wasn’t leasing any more 2017 Santa Fe’s after the end of the month so I didn’t want to get screwed later. They also have a thing where they pay up to the last three payments off your current Hyundai lease, which is exactly what I had left on my car, so I turned mine in at the same time.

I was looking at this car a few months ago, they don’t lease well, don’t beat yourself up about it. I don’t think the deal is bad, the best I got was pretty much what you are getting but I was at 9.25% tax. You could have spent weeks trying to get an extra $10 a month off. People just think it is a lot to pay for a Hyundai and not necessarily that it is a bad deal given the specific car.

1 Like

Paying 42k for a 45 k MSRP Hyundai is where the mistake was made… The rebate was available anyway, so dealer used that to make the cap cost look good. That is a 6% discount. Even BMW and Mercedes are offering 10% discount…

@vhooloo, have you tried leasing a Hyundai, they are really bad. 6% is very normal for a LTD Ultimate. I agree that they could have gone a little further but invoice on these is only 4%, so $43,150 is invoice, they are basically $1,000 back of invoice on the car which is not bad for a Hyundai. Also, they have rolled in about $700 into the car from the drive offs.

It is not a bad lease for this car, however, I wont argue that it is a dated car which is about to replaced and there are other cars I would have over it for that money. Hence why I got a GMC Acadia Denali for about the same money.