2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd Ult AWD w/ult tech $399/mo

Thanks I do feel a little better now.
I looked into other mid size suvs but the ones with comparable features were way more to lease.

The first result in google was better than what OP found by 2k already

No I donā€™t generally lease cars that are bad, let alone really bad

I know enough that I will not accept 6% off MSRP off a dated car which is at the end of the current style and will be re-designed. Target for this should have been 12% off + rebate, making the payment under $300ā€¦ If I can have a 60k Volvo which just came out for 350, I ainā€™t paying 399 for a 45k Hyundai. I appreciate that OP wanted a Hyundai and not a Volvo but I was explaining that the monthly seems flawed.

Hyundai are famous for offering all sorts of random incentives. In order to get that deal you would need to be an Uber driving, marine, who is now a teacher and also fights fires. ANd that car wont have the very expensive tech package either which would add about $2k to the cost, or $60 a month.

Trust me, you may not like the car but the deal hear is totally fine, it is not a bad deal given the car in question.

Where do you see Santa Fe Ltd Ultimate with 12% off before rebates?

This should make you feel better, I think you did fine! !

1 Like

The best I was able to get the SantaFe Ult is at 9.5% MSRP, monthly still around 300s.

Which volvo was that?

Monthly around 300 is much better than monthly at 400

S90 volvo is leasing very well

Ah s90 with the good Costco discounts.
Wish it was the xc90 at 300, yeah, it sounds unrealistic.

Without seeing evidence I donā€™t believe a 4wd with tech pack is around the $300ā€™s

1 Like

So you are saying he should take a large sedan instead of the 7 seat SUV he want because it leases better?

Not everyone is leasing a car solely based on how good the deal is. Some have basic requirements. I could not replicate a 7 seat SUV with decent tech and leather seating for less than $400 all in in NJ and the fact is that most here pay at least $400 for a decently equipped 7 seat SUV. Yes, once in a while we see this amazing unattainable deal that someone got but this is the exception rather than the standard. Does it matter that he could have gotten instead a large sedan with a higher MSRP? How is this helpful other than making him feel bad about a pretty good deal for the type of car and trim he picked?.

2 Likes

I am saying you should not overpay for a car by accepting only a paltry 6% off msrp for a car that is one model year old and is due for platform redesign.

1 Like

But all you offered as an example is a sedan deal. Can you perhaps let us newbies knows how to get a fully loaded 7 seat SUV for less than $400? Because if thatā€™s his budget and the other alternatives cost much more, then fact that you will not accept the 6% discount is irrelevant.

1 Like

2017 Sorento SX V6 AWD
Vehicle Price: $ 42,105.00
Rebate: $ 5,500.00
Discount: $ 4,105.00
Your Price: $ 32,500.00
Residual: $ 22,736.70
MF 0.00098
Out the door: $1000
Payment $335.50

MSRP 53010
Sale price 43000 (19% off)
12k per year / 39 months
0.00021 MF / 54% RV
Monthly $402 + tax (439 including 9.25% tax)
zero down only first month payment as drive off

If you are going to accept that you cannot get a car for less than 94% of MSRP, then you cannot get a lease hackr deal ā€¦

Vhooloo,
Iā€™m glad youā€™ve found other deals you think are comparable/better than the one I took. It may make more sense to know the features I considered a must have, heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, 6 seats w/second row captain chairs, awd, blind spot monitor, smart cruise control (self adjusts according to traffic speed on hwy), panoramic sunroof, heated mirrors, handsfree liftgate, autohold, a 36 month lease. A lot of those features are only available on the top trim of many car models. So when you compare top trim models of SUVs from different manufacturers with all these features I couldnā€™t find another SUV with a lease price that was even close to what I got on the Santa Fe. If you do find something with all those features please feel free to share, Iā€™ll keep it in mind for next time :wink:

1 Like

The deals he listed are very specific and even then are effectively at around $400. The QX60 is in CA and with taxes exceeds $400. The Sorento is not as equipped as the SF Limited Ultimate and is in a state with no taxes, so effectively itā€™s closer to $400.

At least in the NJ area, I could not replicate a decently spec version of the QX60 for less than $500. The basic trim goes over $400 after taxes and fees. Thatā€™s why I ended up with the CX-9 (which drives better than the QX60 in my opinion)

How much did you end up getting the CX-9 for? Looking to get a good lease deal on a 7 seater right now.