2017 Acura RDX AWD Advanced

I visited the local Acura dealership yesterday and here is the quote with tax rate of 8.25%

Market Value - $44795
Dealer Discount - $3108
Lease Incentives - $1000
Vehicle Price - $40687
Accessories - $540
Total - $41227

Monthly Payment with taxes (I think the destination fee is included in the lease payment)-

$3000 down - $537.96
$5000 down - $477.41
$7000 down - $416.87
$10000 down - $326.05

Purchase Option Amount - $26,877

I believe this is a really high lease payment for 7500 miles and 36 months. Could you someone offer me a suggestion on what I should bargain for?

Even with $0 down, the $537.96/mo (including tax) is still very, very high. With their offer, the $3k / 36 = $83/mo so effective payment is $617/mo – wow, you are very far away from a deal with this specific dealership. You can probably get the top of the line, fully loaded MDX for this money

This what a $44,660 deal should look like, approx $450/mo per @mlov1022

Some other lower optioned ones: $38,145 MSRP

Another one with $38,010 MSRP

and an old one from last year: $44,460 deal should look like (from mid 2016)

1 Like

@gramesmith, Do not entertain any of those deals. You should able to get around $450/mo 36/10k, with $0 due at signing.

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. Should I just let them know my final offer is $450 + taxes with no payment down?

Go to another dealer, they will probably laugh at you.

$450 including tax all in. Also, you want 10k miles/yr. Oh, and they pay your first months payment too. Sign n drive. If they don’t bite, another dealer will. Honestly, they have some balls giving you: $3000 down - $537.96, $5000 down - $477.41, $7000 down - $416.87, $10000 down - $326.05.

Take a look here for info: 2017 Acura RDX Lease Deals and Prices — Car Forums at Edmunds.com

Good luck.

There is a guy here on the forum that negotiates like that. Basically, you don’t care how they get there. However, I think even that guy knows the math behind the number.

The better way is to know how to do the numbers so that YOU know how to get there. If you do the work for the dealer, it will be easier for them to say yes or no. Otherwise, you are going to be at their mercy and be stuck. Plus being knowledgeable in the terminology will probably get you a better offer right off the gate – the first one you got is truly outrageous. They even gave you a $10k down option - that is a super NO unless you are leasing a car over $100k !!!

We are talking about saving about $2,000 per year (and then the next leases throughout your life) so it is worthwhile to learn

$10k down… who would ever do this on a lease?! I wouldn’t even bother with this imo…

The people not reading this forum :wink: … you should look at the Audi forums, feel really bad for those guys. They like paying $1k/mo for their A4s

That’s what I was thinking. Thank you

Seriously…for some guys 1350 for a Q7 was a deal

I am hearing that Illinois expects upfront taxes, which adds $1400-$1500, and then again taxes on the lease payments. How does this exactly work?

Illinois changed that law recently. You should only be paying tax on the monthly payment.

As a point of comparison, Leasehackr had a front page deal last year where ~$43k Infiniti QX60s could be leased for about $320 a month (I got one of these in SoCal) – that’s no downlayment, just some up front fees and Multiple Security Deposits (MSDs) to lower the Money Factor. $450/mo for a comparable vehicle is still a good deal, but if you’re open to other models you may be able to do a bit better.

Remember that thinking about these things in terms of %s helps. Don’t think “that’s only $100 more/less per month.” That’s a much more expensive car you could lease for the same money. If you’re flexible (on make/model/options/etc) you’re much more likely to get a great deal.

It might help to pull up that front page deal from last year and say “look what kind of deals your competitors are making - find a way to offer me something more competitive.”

1 Like

I am curious about your opinion on take over leases found on leasetrader.com or swapalease.com. I checked the reviews and lease trader.com seems to be fraud, any suggestions?

There could be fraud (like everything) but for the most part they are legit. The problem with those websites is that it is hard to find a good “deal” unless somebody is really desperate. With the stuff you learn here and some work, you would easily beat a 99% of what is posted on those websites.

If you are not good at negotiating, you can also use a broker which will still probably get you a better deal than swapalease or leasetrader. There are brokers that post here like @BSANDERS and @Anthony_Lopez