Your Personal Negotiator

I’d be interested in any of those as well.

I disagree second scenario would work. First scenario works, basically it’s similar to what I did for the Jeep. High mileage while I’m only driving a fraction. The reason I want positive equity is that I can writeoff monthly payments, and wouldn’t mind buying the car at the end off the lease, either to keep or flip.

1 Like

Just fyi. I unintentionally overpaid tfs for a couple of months and they just applied the payment to reduce the balance

my wrangler had a ton of +equity with vroom

1 Like

Im trying to find a deal on Audi E-Tron. I have a A6 with 3 payments left…there isnt a pull forward program for the E-tron yet…Im seeing some good discounts at certain dealers in NJ. Do you have any experience with the E-Tron?

Y’all leave @212hackr alone. He’s on a roll right now and you’re distracting him from his mission of transforming me into Star Driving a Reasonably Priced Car.

1 Like

Not to pick on You but it is so easy to say had tons of equity. Why not give us numbers?

Msrp, payments, rv, current and vroom payoff and then we can tell you if you actually had equity

actually I owned a 2016 Jeep sport paid 26K sold it May 19 for $22500 vroom- thanks

This is the key. Not the same as equity on a lease.

1 Like

Talk about apples and oranges …

1 Like

I am afraid not even the great @212hackr may be able to pull off this feat …
However, we do have great deals on a lot of raccoon damaged specials from Mercedes benz. Interested?

1 Like

Residual Fart Factor? Perforated seats?

Edit: just glanced at that thread. I blame a rogue chupacabra.

Everybody knows it was a manbearpig

With Patrick Duffy as a leg?

Sorry on the lack of replies to some people, been slammed.

To be candid, I’m not going to search endlessly for cars for people free of charge, that’s a colossal waste of my time that yields nothing to me in return.

If you want me to find something and won’t share your entire name, hard for me to take a request like that seriously.

If you’re looking for something serious and ready to sign, tell me what you want, how far you’ll travel, and what you want your total costs to be. If it is something that is feasible, we can then discuss a fee.

I apologize if that comes off as rude, but requests of:

“Hey, my name is Joe M. and I want an Huracan for $89 a month” are really pointless.

3 Likes

Not going to jinx it with details, but I think your personal negotiator has his first completed.

5 Likes

Two signed/sealed/delivered yesterday.

Awesome couple.

For her:

S60 T5 Mom $44.6k MSRP, $968 DAS / $380 a month

For him:

GTI SE for him, purchase was the decision from the start since these make more sense than leasing. $34k MSRP, Sales price of $28k, out the door taxes/fees $31.5k

Worst part is, one of my employees had a colossal F up yesterday, worked until 10pm (usually gone by 5) trying to fix, still dealing with it today, yet still wanted to stay involved and make sure the transactions went smoothly.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

A great broker is always working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only brokers and dealers can start threads in the review forum and there isn’t one for @212hackr so I’ll say a few words here. I suck at negotiation. This man doesn’t. Longer version:

I’ve been struggling with what to lease/buy for over two months. I zeroed-in on the GTI and was planning to go it alone since this is leasehackr, not buyhackr. Two days later I spotted @212hackr’s initial post above and decided to toss it in his direction. It’s not exactly a Maserati but it’s offbeat compared to the rest of the stuff around here since these cars don’t lease well. Fortunately (for me) he jumped all over it. We had some back and forth regarding my requirements and any applicable incentives then he was off to the races.

His communication was constant. I received multiple status updates per day giving me a front-row seat to the methods and the madness. 3-4 days later he hit rock bottom with a dealer three hours away, put me in touch a pretty cool sales guy, and yesterday I went and picked up my new “Golf cart.” My target for this car was a 12% discount from MSRP minus another 2k to cover a factory-to-dealer incentive. @212hackr exceeded that figure far enough to cover his fees plus a bit more. Even if he’d hit break-even I’d still have been grateful that someone else did the dirty work.

It gets better… My girlfriend’s 2003 S80 was on its last legs and she was only days away from signing a Leasehackr score 8.1 (correction: 8.9) deal on a new S60 T5 Momentum. Not an awful deal but not Leasehackr quality. I mentioned this to @212hackr thinking he’d pass on it. After all, Volvos are well-covered around these parts. Once again he swung into action with the eagerness of an over-caffeinated ferret.

Within two days we had three S60s to choose from. A “meh” deal barely better than the one she was about to sign - that dealer didn’t want to play ball, a second one that was pretty solid, and the third was among the best if not the best southern region S60 T5 MOM deal I’ve seen on here in the past two months. She went for the third and we both arrived home with our new cars around midnight.

All of this brokering happened on trust - I didn’t sign anything and @212hackr didn’t request a retainer. I never even had to pick up the phone. It all happened via text messages. I paid his fee online. My kind of deal.

Now I have to rationalize buying the GTI versus leasing my own S60. It’s a ~$13k less expensive car with a payment around $120 higher than hers. She gives it back in 36 months and walks away. I might be break-even on my GTI loan by then provided I keep the miles down. There’s a good reason why all the excitement is in leasing. But hey, at least I’m doing my part to #savethemanuals.

7 Likes