Your Personal Negotiator

54%20PM

5 Likes

He’s blind, don’t mind him

8 Likes

facepalm 20202020 But I am pretty sure that Broker thing wasn’t there 2 days ago?

1 Like

Incorrect.

I’ve been paying it for a little while without advertising anything but one Jaguar. Honestly, I enjoy this site and don’t mind kicking in $20 a month to the founders.

7 Likes

I could use your help with two things. One, my lease is expiring on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (sometime in April). I should have some equity in it at the end of the lease. I want to take home that equity or put it in MSD. Then, I would need another lease. Could be another Wrangler or could be some other 4+ seater convertible. Or ridiculous good deal on a nice car. Ideally at the end of the lease I would have equity in that car too.

Why would you want positive equity at the end of a lease? Honestly, that doesn’t make much sense to me and I’m probably not the guy to help with that.

There is a thread on this exact predicament, this comment is basically what you need to take away from it:

I can get you positive equity in any lease. For example, make an $800 payment on a 30k car and I guarantee you will have positive equity after 36 months …

3 Likes

Not really. The RV will still be the same no matter the monthly payment.

5 Likes

Actually I think you can.
2 cooked up scenarios.

Case 1
Let us look at a car where the RV is set artificially low like Kia Stinger (43% at 12k miles).
Next,we choose the highest mileage lease available (perhaps 20k miles).
The adjusted RV would be perhaps at 35%. And for good measure let us get a demo Stinger with 5k miles on it (not sure if Kia has BMW-like RV penalty)…
The payments would then probably be 800 at assuming a 40k stinger.
We then ask Op to only drive 5k miles a year.
After year 3, his residual is 15k (based on the car having 60k+ miles) but I am sure he can sell for 20k due to low mileage. hence he has made 5k equity

Case 2
What if your payments are 300 on Tacoma but you keep writing a 500 check every month. I don’t think Toyota would turn you down. At the end of the term, you actually have a positive balance - ie positive equity.

Both of the above are contrived but it shows how “facetious” the so-called positive equity concept is when it comes to leasing …

I 2nd the Hyundai Palisade, as well as KIA Telluride and even Subaru Ascent.

I’d be interested in any of those as well.

I disagree second scenario would work. First scenario works, basically it’s similar to what I did for the Jeep. High mileage while I’m only driving a fraction. The reason I want positive equity is that I can writeoff monthly payments, and wouldn’t mind buying the car at the end off the lease, either to keep or flip.

1 Like

Just fyi. I unintentionally overpaid tfs for a couple of months and they just applied the payment to reduce the balance

my wrangler had a ton of +equity with vroom

1 Like

Im trying to find a deal on Audi E-Tron. I have a A6 with 3 payments left…there isnt a pull forward program for the E-tron yet…Im seeing some good discounts at certain dealers in NJ. Do you have any experience with the E-Tron?

Y’all leave @212hackr alone. He’s on a roll right now and you’re distracting him from his mission of transforming me into Star Driving a Reasonably Priced Car.

1 Like

Not to pick on You but it is so easy to say had tons of equity. Why not give us numbers?

Msrp, payments, rv, current and vroom payoff and then we can tell you if you actually had equity

actually I owned a 2016 Jeep sport paid 26K sold it May 19 for $22500 vroom- thanks

This is the key. Not the same as equity on a lease.

1 Like

Talk about apples and oranges …

1 Like