Your First Car?

What was the first car you owned?

24832719b691b4e59ce1a979f8535d97a0697170_2_690x388

Toyota Sera. JDM car - Corolla engine. Perfect city car & head turner. Bought it for $10k in Sydney when I was there. Sold it for $10k when I left 3 years later. LOL.

5 Likes

1990 Honda CRX

Looks a bit like the Ariya I just leased now that I look at it…

Mine had tinted windows, rockford fosgate subs and a pioneer amp in the center console. Somehow I thought that made me cool… :joy:

3 Likes

1988 Ford Tempo

Had auto seatbelts! :+1:

:crazy_face::joy:

1 Like

2000 Toyota 4Runner. I threw subwoofers in the back of that thing, and I thought I was king of the world. Now, I realize what a little shit I was. Great truck though.

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado. AKA Touchscreen OG.

Honestly wish I still had the car. I’m not being nostalgic when I tell you that it was the most comfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned or driven, and I’ve driven many, many vehicles.

3 Likes

Arguably the best first car around. Light weight, handles well, 5-speed, and just enough power to have fun.

1 Like

2018 Lexus IS300 F-Sport AWD. 0% financing for 72 months, a smooth and bulletproof v6 engine, and a pretty slow-shifting 6 speed automatic transmission. Great car for a single guy coming out of college and lasted me until the end of 2021, right before my second kid was born. I even cashed 7500 in equity when I turned it in (thank you COVID!). Monthly payment was $631. I do wish I had found LeaseHackr when I got the car (and not in 2021) given the prevalence of unicorns at that time…

87 Chrysler Lebanon (mine was red). Started a lifelong hatred of all Chrysler/related products :rofl:

Comfortable seats, wouldn’t start in the rain, kind of smelled like gas all the time. Upgraded to an 84 Cadillac after this.

1 Like

1998 Toyota Tacoma; 4cyl 5spd manual. Manual locking doors, manual windows, and manual locking hubs, no ABS.

1 Like

1989 Corolla my uncle bought me for 300 bucks when I was 16.
Odometer lights never worked so I bought a blue neon light tube/stick and wired it in. Thought I was bad ass :joy::joy:

Honestly miss the simpler times before I went down the rabbit hole of leasing.

1991 Buick Riviera bought from an old lady that only used it on weekends. Surprisingly robust car that didnt need much servicing

It was supposed to be a 1973 Triumph TR6 that my dad owned. This had a 4speed (I think two gears of overdrive, similar to having a 6 speed?) and a soft top. The car was VERY small and light and quite a death trap i’m sure. My mom vetoed the idea so we sold it to fund my first car.

1985 BMW 735i. This was an awesome car that was a very expensive mistake. One summer the heater control switch broke and got stuck on full defrost…in summer. It was an oven blowing even hotter air non stop and it took about 6 months to afford the fix ($1000 for a used switch my mechanic hunted down in 1996 money is a lot for a high schooler). I replaced it with a 1990 mustang GT and my first thought was “man, these roads are terrible now a days!” not realizing how much better the suspension was on the BMW.

Whose idea is it to buy a 10 year old 7 series for a high school kid? LOL.

1 Like

It sounded brilliant to highschool me! I think I only paid around $3000 or so for it, it was $45k IIRC new in 1985. 7 series have NEVER held value lol. I might be a bit off on the exact year, I think I owned it from 1998 to about 2000ish but can’t remember exactly.

1 Like

Young enough where my first car was in fact a lease - 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.5 4-Banger…was paying like $200 a month for it with my high school job at Sears money…

Screen Shot 2024-03-06 at 5.53.20 PM

Alfa 147 3.2 V6, countless memories with it.

2 Likes

66 mustang.

Still own it but it hasn’t been turned on in ten years lol

2 Likes