Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Yikes
What state are you in?

Arizona-- I am sure part of the delay was covid related, but things can move slow at the dmv here.

If you had the NPP, the Camaro is louder than most vehicles. My SS had the option…still one of my favorite sounding cars.

if NPP means dual-mode exhaust, yes, of course I had it. lol. That was the ONE option I cared about.

2 Likes

Yes lol… the NPP is the factory option for the performance (quad tip/active valved) exhaust. I absolutely wouldn’t get a Camaro without it.

I was able to get them to allow me to register my 392 in MA eventually.

I offered/asked to do it when I signed/picked it up in person at Chapman and explained to them all of the docs I would need, as I know the process in MA is difficult for most out of state dealers to understand, even when they use a runner service. They insisted their title person would do it and it wouldn’t be an issue. Weeks went by and no progress and no updates.

I started calling/emailing the finance guy I worked with and he started chasing the title person (who I believe he said is not physically at Chapman’s Horsham Jeep/Ford dealership location but instead is at one of the Chapman group’s other dealerships in the Philly area. After another week or so, they called me and finally admitted that it would easier if I did it myself; if I didn’t they said they could still get it done but it would take them another 6 weeks (why? I don’t know - they didn’t say). I gave them the list again of what I needed for the MA RMV to get it registered and they sent all the docs via UPS a day or two later. I was able to walk in and get it registered a couple days later.

So you can try to convince them it’s easier for you to do it, but expect for them to push back.

1 Like

I’m assuming so you keep it at least 3 months

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if I would keep it very long, but it’s been so much fun, it’s still in the driveway since I picked it up in early October. I’ve gone through several 4xe’s during the same time we’ve had the 392, which are fine (and still have a Tuscadero Rubi 4xe as well), but then I drive the 392 again and it makes me laugh due to the power and the sound of the exhaust, which is so much more of a visceral experience the 4xe’s.

So I keep meaning to get out of the 392 but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do it yet. Frankly, its been so fun, I’m less worried about making much when I flip it; if I get out of it clean or with just a minimal gain, I’ll be happy.

And we’ve liked it so much, we have.2022 392 XR on order, but it’s still stuck in D status. When that one finally goes to D1 (or when our TRX order finally goes to D1) it will likely be the trigger for me to flip the current 392.

1 Like

The inside cabin is quieter than you think. Heres what you should do. Have someone drive it by. Then youll know hear it!

56k on a sahara is top dollar for a 21

2 Likes

WOW. Did he bite? All I’m getting for mine is $49k range. Highest being $52,1xx. Pending inspection, of course.

was told it got revised down to 51, which is still relatively fair. MMR is showing as 55 now on the 21s.

It is all random with these companies. ALgo got my last 2 sales. Gave me $54k on my $53,905 MSRP Sahara back in Nov. And then $48,200 on my $47,500 MSRP Mach-e in Jan. Autonation got my LT1, Carvana got our old minivan, and so on. That’s why you gotta hit all of them up every time. One of them likely wants it more than the others.

1 Like

Exactly my strategy. I don’t think I’ve sold to the same person yet.

1 Like

Curious to your friend with the auction hookup, I am assuming you can only do this with brands not restricting third party buyouts?

I don’t remember all of them, but I think I’m at 2 ea to Vroom, Carvana, ALgo, and Carsense (now CarShop), and 1 to AN.

Of course. Rules are the same as for any 3rd party.

1 Like

Can my own LLC buyout my lease? Or is that “technically” a 3rd. Party? I know more of a question for captive, but curious iof your thoughts.

Anybody whose name is not on the lease is a 3rd party

1 Like

I am in the same boat. Didnt expect to like it so much, especially coming from M cars. It will be hard to let it go so may just keep it until it can be replaced with another 392 :grinning: