Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Man, that MF is a killer.

They discourage leasing by giving them generic MF’s. I have been down this road which is why I’m financing.

Yeah. I’m trying to figure out if it would be worth leasing for a potential flip in order to avoid having to pay sales tax upfront on a purchase. I hope that makes sense.

Any knowledge I have of the TRX is from @JD81

He was the influencer for the order and build

I hear ya, and have thought about that, too. BUT, I’m also concerned with the amount of time involved waiting for them to fund and start the account, etc. I could be wrong, but I’m thinking paying cash and getting the title sent to me might be quicker to flip time. It is probably another $3500 or so in tax, though. hmmmm

Oh, and there is the credit thing. I’m planning on flipping 3-4 in the first quarter of '22. Cash would avoid so much credit score disruption (I think).

1 Like

Some of these deals have taken an extremely long time to fund. Upwards of six or so weeks and those are only the ones that I personally know about.

3-4! Awesome. And yes, I’d imagine paying cash would not disrupt your credit as much.

Interesting point about how much time it takes for the deal to fund.

Wow, thanks for the information. That is definitely something to consider.

My first Wrangler took that long too.

1 Like

How did you pay CCAP balance after it funded if second payment was due within 30 days of signing?

I did single pays so the timing of the funding really didn’t matter.

It matters if flipping and they can’t get your payoff.

Of course… And folks who are buying these for the purposes of flipping would never want to do a one pay either.

1 Like

What currently makes for a better flip 392 or TRX?

I ordered base in black hopefully it’ll be here pretty quick. Zach from granger claimed the two tones take longer. Put in a sample vin to autonation on a base model and their offer was like 89k if I remember correctly (vroom came in at 81k).

Nice! What was the MSRP on that sample vin? I have a level 2 on order, in black. Assuming that will take longer.

Yeh some of these are just wild.

Contact carmaxed a $92K Msrp last week for $101K

1 Like

Ya was like a 72k ish build… what are you doing with insurance on these? And what are the rates for such a beast?

No idea on rates

Insuring it as I would anything else once it comes in

392 has been very reasonable. Maybe 10% more than the 4xe for annual premium

That’s to much responsibility