Wrangler 392 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Just order one from Chapman. May never come but would be a surprise if it does

Saw a sarge green 392 with the black front grill coming home from work today. Man that thing has some street presence.

i love that due to the shortages, LH has devolved into 9000 post threads about wranglers (one of the crappiest, most unreliable, uncomfortable, and generally awful autos on the market today) and which NFTs people should be buying. 2021 rocks.

2 Likes

I mean that’s awfully dramatic about the 4xe as someone who pushes Nissan Sentras and Rogues, don’t you think? Have you driven a wrangler recently? They have definitely come a long way from the crap they used to be.

3 Likes

You okay over there…?

1 Like

have you driven a rogue recently? it’s better than a wrangler, i assure you. granted, also costs more lol.

Regardless of the lease deal there is a sense of fun with a Wrangler/Gladiator, I love cruising around town with the top off when the weather is nice and waiving at other Jeep owners.

This is coming from someone who only drove Japanese makes before getting a Jeep this year

2 Likes

Man most of you guys specced XR. I know it’s been discussed already that XR adding value when it comes to a flip is a toss up. So for those who have added it, why add XR and add $$$ to your payoff?

Was your order over allocation and did you get the VIN right away?

Youll definitely have them before January.

I ordered my XR 7/13 and it was in framing yesterday so we’re riding the assembly line together.

1 Like

I went with the XR because it adds that extra bit more. There’s a bunch of people with 392s without that seem to be replacing their 392s with ones that do have it.

Ultimately, my thought was that if I was a buyer looking at spending $90k on the top spec wrangler product, I wouldn’t stop short of that.

A lot of the review sites, etc, talk about how much better the XR is with the different gearing making it faster 0-60, the higher top speed, etc. It just seemed to me like an option that makes special special-er.

Now, there’s definitely no guarantee that it’ll pay off, and it’s part of why I didn’t spec with a bunch of other add ons; to keep overall price lower.

Should increase my buy out by ~$3600.

I went with
Hydro Blue
Glass
Off road camera
For me it’s purely to flip so I’d rather be safe and didn’t add XR

comes into a wrangler thread to complain about wranglers.

Can’t you New Yorkers wallow in your own misery and negativity without projecting it onto others?

5 Likes

Honestly I agree, wrangler/gladiators are terrible.

During covid I was lucky to grab fully spec’d brand new rubicon gladiator at Hertz OHare Chicago.

It had only 2 miles on it. No plates. But they were renting them out. Drove 1200 miles probably the worst car ever, main reasons I grabbed a LT1 over a 4XE. 4x4 is so essential in shit snow but I can’t fathom the loud interior with wobbly steering.

Yet you like the 392 and have one on order?

470 Hp outweighs the bad​:rofl::rofl:

Had a wrangler in NYC for 2 years. A rubicon. Best car for the 3rd world roads. Potholes, speed bumps, parking it anywhere and not worrying about scratches. Yea for highway it sucks but with speed limits within nyc. Wrangler does just fine.

Random thought:

Now that we’re all salivating at the mouth with these SRT trucks, what ever happened to the Grand Cherokee SRT? Are they still making 2021 GC SRT’s?

They’re killing the hellcat engine in 2023. I wouldn’t be surprised if they killed 392 or the 5.7

Source? I think all of the larger displacement motors are on limited time… It’s a sad thing to think about, but that is the reality. I just sold my ‘21 392 this afternoon. I will likely order another 392 or Hellcat before they are discontinued.