Worst leases you've seen

$79.6k MSRP, ~$1,500 a month…

1 Like

You forgot to include the text. How many mentions of FULLY LOADEDNESS???

6 Likes

Maybe get a lease sheet? I’d be curious how they get to that price. You are paying well over MSRP just in down payment and monthly payment for a car with a residual value of about 60%. What interest rate and random fees make that # possible?

Here is the information they provided:

4 Likes

Jeebus. $4.8k worth of nitrogen and door edge guards?
:bat:

Edit: PLUS paint protection. I’m doing something incorrectly.

Edit 2: They must have a pool called “get someone to sign and you’re on the way to Fiji”

8 Likes

I did not request any of that shit, but I suspect that it’s automatically added because it’s a floor model.

One of my coworkers just got an amazing deal on a Honda Fit, only 322 per month with 1200 DAS. How is that even possible on a $17K car. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Coz honda fit are meant to buy. Zero lease support and most are close to MSRP when they sell it. MF and RV must be awful too. @Voton91

Could have literally bought it for that much…:rofl:

Perusing Edmunds Fit leasing forum, it seems the RV should be around ~60% and MF in couple different regions is 0.00077. Even with no discount off msrp, something doesn’t add up.

Nitro fill, blinker fluid refills, the expensive maintenance package(pretty much required on a complicated car like the Fit), paint protection, installed accessories, tire and wheel, etch, and all the other bull crap you could sell.:ox: :poop:

5 Likes

Turns out he rolled in 3 accord payments due to being over mileage.

It took 1k in CCR to get below $700/m on that HRV

Btw don’t forget the 60 month protection plan

2 Likes

Probably an accord hybrid touring

3 Likes

720 effective payment on an HR-V? Yikes.

All stuff that doesn’t residualize either so you’re paying for every penny of it. To hell with that!

Tried some numbers on Tundra today. 588 a month plus 3500 DAS for 51k MSRP. I could not figure out how he got to that payment. Only had like 900 bucks in discount to sales price. And he kept saying no incentives on truck when i know there is 3000 incentive.

That makes it more better

I’m new to the game but this one sure shocked me. Exchanged maybe 2 emails with guy (where he gave me sales quotes even though I said up front was looking for 24mo/12k lease quotes) before firing off the deal “his manager gave him” but that we could re-work numbers when I came in.

It is a 0% discount off msrp and apparently dealership keeps the entire 5k of toyota incentives? WTF?! Is this a common ploy to try to force people to show up in person?

2 Likes

I guess it doesn’t hurt to try to make all the money. Salesmen sometimes are still trying to gauge their buyer. Can’t assume that all Buyers are savy as the Hackrs

7 Likes