Worst leases you've seen

I’d love to see the breakdown for this “offer”. Isn’t this vehicle’s RV in the 80%?

Theres one on marketplace for below $400 if you have costco

that was added costco already can you believe it

I saw that on marketplace already, was just trying to see if local dealer has similar deals so less hassle with shipping but got slapped in the face…

All Costco Volvo deals should be “no haggle” or better, if dealer participates: 6% off + Costco cash + all available incentives. A no-brainer.

Detroit area dealers for foreign cars are the WORST. Rochester BMW quoted me $563/mo for 24/10 on a 2019 430 loaner with just under 5k miles. I have two deals lined up out of state for same car and less mileage for under $300/mo with same terms.

Not for the Overland. But even the Sport with that 80% RV leases poorly due to no incentives, little to no dealer discount, and MF of .0022+

Here is 40K VW Tiguan for low low price of $893 per months. Looks “fully loaded”

1 Like

Doesn’t even have R-Line package. Only a 250 incentive! Hot dawg! This should go QUICK!

2 Likes

Msrp was 40k and that person is paying 899 per month for probably 48 months lease = $43k.

Yup… This is beyond awful, I wonder how much negative equity was rolled into it. I just can’t imagine anyone, I mean anyone leasing it for that much without any neg equity being involved.

Here is another one: VW Golf R, upgraded Fender Sound System! 4 new tires! Only $780 per month.

1 Like

Some of these “premium audio” systems leave my head scratching. I get some of them, but exactly what credibility does Fender have in consumer audio? I understand their history with musical instruments and amplification, but exactly how does that translate into an expensive car audio option? Between stuff like this and brands like Marshall slapping their name on Bluetooth speakers and headphones, I guess it shows that their musical instrument divisions really are in trouble.

I think it’s VW’s attempt to pay less money for installing “premium” audio systems while asking people to pay a premium for them.

Fender is nothing special.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know Fender makes car audio systems. VW Stratocaster…

1 Like

This is beyond awful, even with $10000 negative equity on a 48 mo term, that would only bump the payment ~$200mo, wow. They really got popped on that deal

Oh I missed that it’s probably “Fully loaded”, that makes it much more better, :joy:

1 Like

Or you could buy the same slow selling car new from a dealer, at currently listed price, and pay about 800 a month for 43 months. And then you own the car.

It’s kind of sad watching brands like Gibson, Fender, Marshall, etc wither away and end up slapping their name on just about anything even remotely related to their core business, a`la Polaroid.

3 Likes

Here we have 2018 Buick Regal “Fully loaded” Tourx with the generous incentive of $500, which brings monthly to only $761.02. For Buick. :rofl: But hurry, only 15 months remaining on a lease. It is also single owner (???), dealership maintained and all stock! No questionable Fender upgrades here, folks.

2 Likes

Yup. For the German brands at least. I’ve gotten some bad a** Honda deals here.

I’ve said this on here before and people have implied that I’m somehow xenophobic, but my theory is that it’s due to the relatively limited BMW inventory (for a major metro area anyway) and the huge number of $$$ expats coming from cultures that don’t aggressively negotiate and company car leasing which also won’t aggressively negotiate. This creates a large pool of sources that won’t hesitate to pay really good money to lease a BMW. I think it’s a lot of low hanging fruit for BMW dealers and they just don’t want to bother with hackrs unless they get totally desperate. But even on the last week of April I couldn’t get Erhard to budge. My company is Japanese and we lease cars for our ex pat employees and senior management, I have previously posted some examples before of our leases - we literally just ask the dealer for a quote then sign the deal. The 2% rule is strong here.

BMW of Toledo and Cleveland have quoted me pretty aggressively, but I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything. Zeigler BMW in KZoo actually is surprisingly aggressive for a very low inventory store, I’d reach out to them. Also gotten some good quotes from BMW Traverse City but they also keep a very low inventory. Stay away from Erhard group, Rochester Hills, and BMW of Ann Arbor. Total wastes of time.

Hahaha. I actually like these things but they lease horrible. Probably the worst GM lease in the entire lineup.

He’s actually paying $794.35…my guess is he rolled some neg in and used all of that 120% LTV allowance.

1 Like