Worst leases you've seen

Hi @Qbrozen, what don’t you like about effectively paying 840 a month for this Volvo so I can report back to our team?

10 Likes

That’s freakin hilarious. love it.

1 Like

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

• Albert Einstein
2 Likes

“If you make something idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot.”

–Some person who isn’t me (but I borrow it liberally)

4 Likes

That Volvo FWD quote has to be for 2 cars . . .

WINNER. This is a unicorn combination of terrible lease deal and horribly over mileage.

$724 per month, 15 months left. 4,427 miles left. Yours for only $2.45 per mile!!!

But wait! There’s more!!! ACT NOW AAAAAAND…

Offering an incentive to make up for the mileage. - This is a perfect SHORTER TERM LEASE TAKEOVER WITH ZERO DOWN! Don’t miss out!

The incentive is $724 :rofl: DON’T MISS OUT!!!

2 Likes

What are the chances the car looks like the one in the pic? Think it’s fully loaded?

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it be?

Because they used a stock photo and they’re paying 724 a month for it. Doesn’t scream intuitive to me.

At that payment on a C300 do you honestly think he can afford a fully loaded camera too?

I mean, how much are fully loaded cameras? I usually see 100 dollar Sony digital cameras at Best Buy. Those are fully loaded, right?

Nah dude when you lease a fully loaded C300 for $724/mo you accept the best or nothing. Haven’t you seen the Mercedes ads?!

I have. They’re nice. Fully loaded.

Everything is “fully loaded”, more so if it’s on Craigslist

Mercedes is now sponsoring a movie called “Herr Herbie: Fully Loaded.”

2 Likes

When you initially post on Sal they insert a stock photo till you edit yourself. Could be what’s going on.

Now I gotta go call about the C Class before I miss out.

:bat:

About $600 for a friggin A-class because “Mercedes” and “my teen wanted it”

“I DID shop around…4 dealerships“ says it all.

4 Likes

As a parent, that really bothered me on a totally different level. I resisted the temptation to post this in that thread because it’s totally off topic and would have really insulted the OP which I did not want to do (mostly because it’s way too late to make a difference)…but that’s just abysmal parenting and most likely part of a long term viscous and destructive cycle that has occurred for years. Hopefully for her sake she is a 1%er who can grow into adulthood in a healthy and successful way while being constantly spoiled, given into and appeased. Unfortunately the odds are stacked against her.

I have a 5 year old daughter. I tell her all the time: my job is not to make you happy and it is not my responsibility; that’s entirely on you to do yourself. Everything beyond the bare necessities has to be earned and is not given freely. Even at 5 she understands and embraces that mentality. When the time comes for her first car, she will be doing the work on her own in one way or another to get it. I grew up with a lot of kids that got things like a 2019 Mercedes A-Class just because they wanted it, and the majority of them ended up very very badly for at least a few years after high school.

/rant

4 Likes

“I can’t be bothered to finish any college apps”

“Don’t worry, daddy will take care of it”

4 Likes

Somehow this sold. I don’t know what the sticker price was, but the lease buyout is $135,000 on a 60,000 mile lease. Someone got sales person of the year for this one.