Worst leases you've seen

Saw this posted in my local BMW Facebook group. They want a $6000 down payment to swap a $1112 monthly M340i.

I commented in the thread about how it was a high price to ask for a non-M car and they said “but it is a M car.” That reply plus the terms of that lease pretty much sums up the owner’s level of intelligence.

2 Likes

$1.56/mile before tax. Wow…

By my calculations, if they run and win 1 street outlaw race every month, for 27 months, they should be gucci.

I want a pony for Christmas!

3 Likes

He knows what he has and it’s a special edition I bet.
And he needs to reclaim some of that lost equity on his previous car.

SOME of the above is Sarcasm btw.

3 Likes

Love love love the spec. Everything else…

Action Man Sport GIF by UFC

1 Like

Looks like someone did a 36 month lease with 2500 total mileage allowance, drove the wheels off of it for 3 months going 5000 miles over, and now wants to offer you the “opportunity” to pay for their lease.

5 Likes

Is there such a thing as 36/800?

1 Like

I think the person making the posting has it flipped; I’ve seen 36/2500 on ultra luxury leases (Bentley, RR, Lambo, etc) before. It would make more sense if they had 5k miles on a 7.8k lease (give or take a few miles for test drives and whatnot). But I wouldn’t trust a person who couldn’t fill out a SAL posting form correctly.

2 Likes

Is that @KU4D ???

Depending on the mileage charge, it might actually be a better bargain to buy the Miles à la carte unless it’s like the base price $68.45/mile they’re already into it for.

1 Like

No idea… author of the post confirmed that Mercedes allows transfers now and she confirmed with the bank…

Much better deal than mine! Take it!

Just found this beauty. Yikes.

4 Likes

Somebody got boned hard on a launch supply car :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

And apparently a demo one at that! I remember giving these away in the 12-1,300’s.

1 Like

Under $4K effective payment! Looks solid. :wink:

2023 VW ID.4 AWD PRO S
$51,000 advertised price with discounts ($54K sticker)

36 months, 12,000mi, $922/mo with $500 down :rofl:
Larry H Miller Volkswagen, Tucson, AZ

There’s also ~$2k of trade equity in that…? So it’s actually even worse than you had stated.

Not a lease, but this Tesla Model X is priced so badly even CarGurus is warning the listing is probably bad lololol.